Limited intake of fruit?

2 replies to this topic

#1 americancrewmc

americancrewmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

I have heard some members say that they eat a limited amt. of fruit. Why?

#2 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

because fruits have fructose, which is a form of sugar.

"The delusion that fructose is an acceptable form of sugar is quite prevalent in many nutritional circles. These studies are important contributions to the scientific literature that confirm that it is not. Nearly all simple sugars are metabolized quickly and disrupt insulin levels, which contributes to most chronic illness. So don't be fooled--avoid fructose just like you would table sugar as they both cause similar problems.

This doesn't mean that you should avoid fruit, however. Eating small amounts of whole fruit will NOT provide tremendous amounts of fructose and should not be a problem for most people, unless diabetes or obesity is an issue. However, fruit juices, sodas and other beverages sweetened with fructose should be avoided.

Fructose is not something that should be in your diet. Yet, as the article states, high-fructose corn syrup is one of the most commonly used sweeteners.

One of the simplest and most important things you can do to limit fructose in your diet is eliminate soda and fruit juices as they have about eight teaspoons of fructose per serving."

(from http://www.mercola.c...6/fructose.htm)

#3 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have some intrests, but not much free time. I attend uni and am majoring in physical therapy. I take my studies pretty seriousally, I'm very competitive, and borderline OCD about my grades. Currently I work 2 jobs in order to pay for school and other bills.<br /><br />In my free time I enjoy reading, bodybuilding, watching sports (football, baseball, and boxing are my favorites), and other things normal people do.<br /><br />I live a fairly health lifestyle. I'm picky about what I eat, some people even call me a health food junkie. <br /><br />I have 2 cats and 2 dogs for pets, I have pics of the cats, but not the dogs yet. If you want to add me to your contact list on AIM or MSN go for it, add me as a friend here if you like. I'm very open, friendly, and easy going.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

If you're trying to get rid of candidia then limiting your fruit is a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users