Eat 4 your blood type

6 replies to this topic

#1 sunshinemakesmehappy

sunshinemakesmehappy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

I have just been speaking to someone who advised me that I should look into this diet, he picked up on health issues about me (just by looking at me and he only just met me). He believes that if you eat right for your blood type that you should get your body back into balance and that will eliminate any problems you have, one of mine would be my breakouts.
Anyone know much about it, is it just another diet craze? I am always sceptical about diets.
Life should not be measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

#2 americancrewmc

americancrewmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I know someone that went from complete cystic acne to a fresh face. However, besides the blood type diet, she met with someone who works through holistics, as well as several colonics. Not only that but she went from obesity to quite slim. Because she was a type A, she had to become a vegetarian, because they believe Type A blood types are natural vegetarians.

#3 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

yes im an O
loved it good stuff

If you've ever wondered why the latest fad diet doesn't work for you... well, there are lots of reasons, mostly the fact that it's a fad diet. But it could also be that you're the wrong blood type for the kinds of foods the diet recommends. Peter D'Adamo makes a persuasive argument that your blood type is an evolutionary marker that tells you which foods you'll process best, and which will be useless calories. He covers the entire range for each of the four blood types, from entrĂƒÂ©es to condiments and seasonings, and also makes type-specific exercise and lifestyle recommendations.

Type A typesshould basically stick to fruits and vegetables (high carbs / low fat).
They have thicker blood than other blood types, a sensitive immune system,
and should not consume dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are at
a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.

Type B typesshould consume a balanced diet (fruits and vegetables, grains, fish, dairy, meat,
but avoid chicken). They have the best chance of bypassing or overcoming
everyday types of diseases, including heart disease and cancer.

Type AB typesshould consume a mostly vegetarian diet, and only on rare occasions some
fish, meat (no chicken), and dairy.

Type O typesshould basically stick to a high protein diet (including red meat), low carbs, and
enriched with fruits and vegetables. They should limit the intake of wheat germ,
whole wheat products, corn, and avoid dairy products and most nuts.
Type O types are commonly affected with hypothyroidism, high stomach acid
(leading to ulcers), and thinner blood with greater resistance to blood clotting.

===================================================================

Blood Groups:Type OType AType BType AB

Global Distribution: 62 % 21 % 16 % 1 %

Europe: 45 % 42 % 10 % 3 %

Africa: 68 % 17 % 12 % 3 %
Arabia: 34 % 31 % 29 % 6 %
East Asia: 32 % 30 % 28 % 10 %
India: 37 % 22 % 33 % 8 %

America (US): 46 % 40 % 10 % 4 %
American Natives: 98 % 1.7 % 0.3 % 0 %
Australian Aboriginals: 69 % 30 % 1.0 % 0 %

#4 sunshinemakesmehappy

sunshinemakesmehappy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:03 AM

THANKS!!!
That is very interesting info Lauryn. I am an A blood type and I actually have found that I prefer a fruit & veg based diet, from a digestive perspective too. I am just not a dieting type person as I think they cause more damage than good but it seems this is not necessarily a diet for weight loss but a diet to enrich your health. I may have to give it a go.
Now for someone to go from cystic acne to clear this really should be worth a try.
You really don't know till you give it a go!

Thanks again.

Life should not be measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

#5 geezer

geezer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:02 AM

My blood type is AB (1%). I must be very special.

Thanks for the info lauryn.

#6 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:17 AM

how do u know if your a Non-Secretor or a Secretor??
"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

#7 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:37 PM

you welcome guys

SALIVARY SECRETOR TEST

Eat Right 4 Your Type introduced readers to the concept of secretors and non-secretors. Now Live Right 4 Your Type continues to explore in more detail this important blood typing sub-system.

A person can be either a secretor or a non-secretor. This is completely independent of whether your blood type is A, B, AB or O. In a simplified sense, a secretor is defined as a person who secretes their blood type antigens into body fluids and secretions like the saliva in your mouth, the mucus in your digestive tract and respiratory cavities, etc. A non-secretor on the other hand puts little to none of their blood type into these same fluids. Many metabolic traits, such as carbohydrate intolerance, and immune susceptibilities are linked genetically to secretor subtype.

Easy saliva collection. Complete submission kit with mailer.

Get results within 1 week by mail or on secure internet connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users