Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whatsup

White Spots on fingernails

8 posts in this topic

I was just wondering who in this board has white spots on there fingernails??? I have them on some of my fingernails.

I used to before I started taking a zinc capsule. I read somewhere that white spots on fingernails are a sign of zinc deficiency.

Yea definitely, a lot of people say its from a zinc deficiency. I took zinc tablets before, but i stopped. I think im gonna start taking some.

I thought those white spots are from bumping your nails into things. I remember smashing my thumb on a door once and a couple weeks later, a white spot appeared.

I almost always had these white spots, not a lot but at least a couple at a time. Doctor once told me it was some vitamin deficiency, forgot which. Though i remember taking a multi-vitamin for a while and didnt notice any new white spots during that time. Its really not a big deal, nothing serious.

I almost always had these white spots, not a lot but at least a couple at a time. Doctor once told me it was some vitamin deficiency, forgot which.

What if you only get them on one finger nail? I only ever get them on the thumb nail of my right hand, nowhere else ever. When it gets to the top of the nail it kind of splits (its like a wierd white bubble) and I have to take the nail off from that point. Even though I eat really well it is something that is always with me, and it jus seems strange that I only get it in that place. Any ideas?