Why can I eat this...

1 reply to this topic

#1 dumbmrblah

dumbmrblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

My current diet is VERY restrictive. I eat almost no variety. I eat eggs twice a day, lean chicken breasts twice a day, and maybe turkey or an occasional hamburger patty. I want to eat more normal foods, but I'm afraid of breaking out. I also consume vast quantities of whey protein, and every other day, alot of dextrose and maltodextrin (sugar). I eat a potato once every other day. Not sure if it's relevant, but I take creatine too.

Now it seems like I'm breaking most of the dietary rules I see posted on these boards alot. Whey protein, creatine, and sugar are all supposed to break you out, but I take alot of each. Have I just been lucky so far, seems unlikely over months and months.

And yet some stuff DEFINITELY does break me out. The last time I drank I decided to go with vodka to avoid beer since I'd heard it can have a bad effect on your skin. Since I eat potatoes anyway, I figured hey, worth a shot. Maybe it was the OJ I combined it with or maybe I just drank way more vodka than I usually eat potatoes. Regardless, I woke up the next morning with three new inflamed whiteheads.

Is the key for me just moderation of certain things, or is it alcohol breaks me out, or what? Has anyone had any effect with drinking alcohol and not having it hurt their skin? I'm going back to thinking beer is the way to go, but I'm still unsure. It definitely dries out your skin, but hopefully it doesn't cause breakouts for me as well.

One thing I know does hurt my skin is fat. High fat foods make my skin super oily and this can sometimes lead to cysts for me. Really annoying.

Sorry for the long rambling post. Basically what I'm wondering is what exactly causes the breakouts and could I start eating more basic things again?

j

#2 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

try to eliminate the refined sugar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users