calcium dairy milk

2 replies to this topic

#1 cruella22

cruella22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:43 PM

I would like to let you all know that before you make the big decision to cut out milk and dairy out of your diets to help your skin, first think about your bones. I cut out milk and dairy when I was very young 9 or 10. I have had eating issues since a very young age and stopped drinking milk when I had heard that it was fattening. I am 16 years old now and recently have gotten a bone density test done. I have the beginning of osteoporis starting in both of my hips and my bones are very thin! This comes from a lack of calcium and excercise. I now take calcium supplements. I do know that nuts like almonds and green leafy vegetables such as broccoli contain calcium, but not even close to as much as dairy has. Please talk to your doctor before you start a diet without dairy, or you may regret when you are older!

#2 Guest_OrangeFlower_*

Guest_OrangeFlower_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

yeah

people will cut dairy out of their diet and not even think about taking
calcium supplements.
very important

#3 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

from http://www.mercola.c...ilk/no_milk.htm

"You probably are wondering what will happen to your bones and teeth if you stop milk. The majority of the world's population takes in less than half the calcium we are told we need and yet they have strong bones and healthy teeth.

Cows' milk is rich in phosphorous which can combine with calcium -- and can prevent you from absorbing the calcium in milk. The milk protein also accelerates calcium excretion from the blood through the kidneys.

This is also true when you eat large amount of meat and poultry products. Vegetarians will need about 50% less calcium than meat eaters because they lose much less calcium in their urine.

It is possible to obtain all your calcium from dark green vegetables (where do you think the cow gets their's from?). The darker the better. Cooked collard greens and kale are especially good. If you or your child is unable to take in large amounts of green vegetables, you might want to supplement with calcium."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users