Photo

is grapeseed extract effective? in pill form...

vitamin vitamins vitamin b

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 presrox

presrox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

im thinking of starting to take vitamins to help my hyperpigmentation and acne but i dont wanna take a multivitamin because i heard our bodies dont need all those amounts its too much...i heard that grapeseed extract can help has anyone had any results with it? it sounds unique and different so im thinking of trying it...can i find it at a local drugstore or do i have to go to a health store?

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

More people have had luck with other antioxidants like Pine Bark Extract.

#3 presrox

presrox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

what about royal jelly as well? ok if i go to the local drugstore tonight ill be getting grapeseed, royal jelly, and maybe vitamin c (all in vitamin/pill form) would these be ok together? i hope these help lol...

#4 presrox

presrox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

oh i just posted that last post before you did =P sorry oh ok pine bark? that sounds interesting so should i take that as well? would taking pine bark, grapeseed, royal jelly, and maybe vitamin c in addition to my diet pill liporexin (not for losing weight but tons of people said it cleared their acne in a week) i know you guys prolly wouldnt know if thsese are all good together but do you know anything about using all of these?

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

Pine bark is ant inflammatory and one of, if not the, best antioxidants there is(Melatonin is probably the best). It may not be called pine bark, it may be caled Pygenol or something. It has a higher concentration of the antioxidants that grapeseed has.

Here's a lot of info on Pine Bark:http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/alt/pinebark_faq.htm

#6 ndmgal

ndmgal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

grapefruit extract is incredible it's weird i was just thinking about it today. I ran out like 3 weeks ago and that's when I started breaking out. I just realized it today tho.

#7 presrox

presrox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

did it help you? i keep hearing about royal jelly...supposedly its what all the worker bees (lol thats funy) feed the queen bee and only she eats it and she lives way longer and all this other stuff i forgot but i wonder if it helps? my face is looking so good today since i applied neosporin + pain relief on my zits and acne my face looks so good im finally happy for once!

#8 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

They test on rats becasue they accurately predict how things are going to react in humans. Only rats die faster so it's like watching a human life in a relatively short time. Antioxidants were shown to improve the health of all rats tested, even doing thisgs like stunting cancerous tumors(Greena nd white tea experiments). I was reading a journal article a year ago and I read that they administered melatonin to rats and the ones that got the melatonin lived 25% longer. To me that's amazing as if relates to over 20 years of extra life in most humans. Whether it crosses over to people to that extent has yet to be proven but some doctors say that you should take melatonin everyday(Even though you produce it naturally). It's an extremely powerful antioxidant and it's impossible to overdose.

#9 ndmgal

ndmgal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:59 AM

[aren;t vitaman a, c, and e all antioxidants. I think grapefruit seed extract is an antiinflammatory. I know it helps kill bacteria.

#10 yetanother

yetanother

uniformly convergent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:42 PM

There's grape seed extract. There's also grapefruit seed extract. Just a head's up to use the correct one to avoid confusion.

Most grocery chain stores and some department stores carry grapeseed extract. (don't buy from the evil walmart though wink.gif) I know Neutrogena used to include it in a topical multivitamin creme for acne. I don't know how well the extract works, ingested or topically.

A multivitamin everyday is a good idea. Most contain 100% Recommended Daily Allowance of the important ones. It's usually best to get vitamins through food, but a supplement to cover whatever you're missing is good. Somewhat over the RDA is unlikely to do harm (unless you have a specific condition). Most unused water soluable ones just end up in pee anyway. And the skin is a low-priority for vitamins so it's good to make sure there's enough to go around.

There's some GREAT info through the link in my signature. It doesn't say much about grape seed though.

Beta-carotene (used by the body to make vitamin A) is an antioxidant, but vit A itself isn't.

#11 presrox

presrox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:15 PM

oh shit...i went to whole foods today and got "grape seed extract" and "royal jelly" vitamins i forgot it was called grapefruit oh shit...lol...whatever....i hope these plus the vitamin c i started taking help in some way or form...!