This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
, 27 Apr 2005
Posted 27 Apr 2005
· Report post
Posted 28 Apr 2005
· Report post
Read this (*ALL OF IT*) if you haven't already. It really sums it up.http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=201874good luck.←
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 29 Apr 2005
· Report post
I really don't know about the high protein diet (never nor ever want to try it) but what about Omega 3 oil? Krill Oil?
I know spironolactone worked for my oil production because I just went off it again, and for the second time my face is back to it's hyper-oily state. It really sucks.
Saw Palmetto did nothing but upset my stomach. Zinc I take, not for oil production but more for skin healing.
I might just take the link off because I don't want to send someone on a mad dash to a homeopathic store and empty their wallet.
I guess to reduce oil I have to go prescription.
I did find that going on a *strict* Zone diet seemed to improve my acne.
i.e. balance the protein : carb ratio to be 4:3 by grams (or calories)
There's something there, but I have no idea what enzyme was involved.
"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."
I eat a shitload of protein every day, and my acne is better now than it ever has been. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but it could certainly be helping. Additionally the main time that I get acne is when I go out drinking. Now it could certainly be the alcohol that does it, but it could also be the high carb beer/liquor that isn't balanced out by any protein whatsoever. I mean on an average night drinking I'm getting 2000-3000 cals just from carbs, whereas in an average day I'm getting 2000-3000 cals from protein.