Photo

anyone 100% clear?

vitamin vitamins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 bettyboop81481

bettyboop81481

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:26 PM

it seems that we bombard ourselves with vitamins and fasts and topicals to get ourselves clear, and many of us get 95% clear, and then it all comes back. these things we are using work, then stop working for whatever reason - our skin/bodies have gotten used to topicals and vitamins and develop an immunity to them or something. and things that work well at keeping us completely clear - glycolic acid - are bad for our skin in the long run. so, has any topicals or vitamins or foods or elimination of foods kept anyone completely clear? for good? (think dove sensitive night time broke me out a bit, not sure if it was that or something i ate)

#2 yme

yme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:43 PM

i dont think so.. or else they wouldnt be here smile.gif

#3 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(yme @ Apr 27 2005, 05:43 PM)
i dont think so.. or else they wouldnt be here smile.gif

View Post

Hey, although it doesn't apply entirely to me, that statement is so not true =P

#4 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

This is what I will say, the majority of people that do get 95% clear or even 100% clear do move on with their lives and you may never see them again on these boards. Others that end up clear, I think end up getting banned from Healthboards, because they can be quite strict as to what we can and can't say and I have to watch myself over there or else it may happen to me too. Otherwise, they hang around for a few weeks or months to try and help and then they go do other things.

Now, as for permanently being 95%, 99%, or even 100% clear, well yes that is possible AS long as you continue doing the things that got you there. That means if liver flushing is what cleared you then periodically, because you may still be eating a certain way or exposed to certain toxins, you will have to do maintence flushes. Nothing here is a one time shot, pill, or cure all, everything we do on here is considered our "lifestyle" because we will have to do this for the rest of our lives.

If you change your diet and get clear, just like someone who lost weight, you can't go off that diet, and expect not to break out (or gain weight) unless you are one of the lucky majority where it was a case of puberty or temporary adult acne.

If a certain skin care program or The Regimen is what cleared you then you will need to continue it for the rest of your life.

Although, you do make a point about immunity, and I will say that when it comes to antibiotics, I think it is usually 100% a waste of one's time, money, and HOPE =/ This is one treatment method that should never be used to treat the majority of acne cases, but in reality it is being used in the oppositve manner. As a result, we end up becoming immune to them over time, getting yeast infectins, candida infections and....it can actually make some of us have even worse acne or spread the acne to new areas.

So in the end it boils down to hmm:

The Most Effective

The Most Affordable

The Most Safe

When I try to combat my problems and for me that was diet (99% clear for almost 3 yrs). I don't want medication, but in dealing with my hirsutism, spironolactone is what works the best (not currently on it). OF course I save some money by not having to go to dermatologists, buying prescription topicals, OTC topicals, skin care regimens and anything else I once did in HOPES of fixing my severe acne problems. I use that money toward food, and DO I ever use it toward healthy acne-safe food for me ;-) So maybe I don't save as much money, but it's THE most effective thing ever for me to use.

In fact, if I was to go back on the less effective oral drugs, I would probably have to go on higher doses and I definately cannot afford those drugs. Spironolactone is affordable with or without health insurance, but Avandia, that costs more than my health insurance premium ($200/mo & Up depending on dose), so they wouldn't cover the drug or quite possible me. My oh my, the people that have to go on Accutane more than once (some up to 6x) before deciding to go on maintence doses or trying diet or liver flushes, I feel for their insurance company because it can cost $400 - $800/month! This is actually something that would make some people unisurable.

So your lifestyle can come back to haunt you in more ways than you think. Health wise with the side effects as well as financially, emotionally, and possibly when it comes time to getting health insurance. So if you can find something that works for you, doesn't cost much, and has less side effects you will be truly fortunate indeed.

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

I'm 100% clear. Grew out of it otherwise I'd probably be doing the thigns I hated back then such as liverflushing and strict diets. If nobody thinks I'm useful I'll leave as I never ask questions anymore and have been here long enough to answer most of them even if I don't have firsthand knowledge of it. I work part time(School too) and it's boring so I have a lot of free time to post here(Pays very well so I can stand it while I'm still in school). As soon as schools done at the end of June, I'm off to Montreal and then I'll be gone working in Paris and travelling for a few years after. I'm just trying to pass on as much info as I can before I leave because if it weren't for a few people here this board would be a shitstorm of misinformation(Already kinda is).

My biggest piece of advice is to use common sense and learn how to research and understand how to body works so you can weed out the vast amount of shit on the internet with regards to acne(From both the alternative, corporate, and medical sides).

#6 Kat

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

NO DON'T GO!!

We need all the help we can get smile.gif

#7 acnescargirl

acnescargirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:05 AM

stupid health boards banned me five times for nothing then they banned my IP addy so i cant even sarch the archives

#8 Whatever-and-Ever

Whatever-and-Ever

Queen of Sunscreen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:19 AM

I gotta say that I was 100% clear for about a year on Dan's reg and didn't visit the boards anymore. But in the past year, my skin is much more sensitive and I just don't want to be a slave to acne products anymore. I'm about 90% clear right now, so I'm still here... I think I'm very slowly growing out of it and I think my skin is telling me that by freaking out if I use an acne product like BP or SA.

#9 bettyboop81481

bettyboop81481

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:23 AM

what do you guys mean, banned from the healthboards?

#10 GoWithTheFlow

GoWithTheFlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:46 AM

I personally would be thrilled just to clear up 50%! I don't even care about preventing every single zit. I just want to look better than I do now and 50% would feel like a huge success cry.gif

#11 LikeTheRazor

LikeTheRazor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Today I am 98% clear due to Dr. Mercola's diet and lifestyle program. Usually I am 100% clear on my face and have a few small breakouts on my back. I use absolutely no topicals or medication except natural soap once a day. Here is his program if you are interested (it is free): http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/

#12 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(acnescargirl @ Apr 28 2005, 01:05 AM)
stupid health boards banned me five times for nothing then they banned my IP addy so i cant even sarch the archives

View Post

ask your ISP for a dynamic ip, it changes everyday