Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darklord

Sprouted Grain Breads?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have seen many ppl raving about how good sprouted grain breads are, anyway it seems that many have sprouted wheat in them, yet i thought that wheat has gluten?

What is the difference between sprouted wheat and wheat that hasnt been sprouted that is found in most breads?

Any help would be great,

Tom

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Hi Tom,

once wheat has been sprouted, its gluten content disappears. I'm not sure of the science behind this, but I've read in "You are what you eat" that this is the case (you've got that book, haven't you? It's on the page after the ones detailing types of grains smile.gif )

I'm sure someone like Sweet jade can enlighten you on the science behind it!

biggrin.gif

Hi Tom,

once wheat has been sprouted, its gluten content disappears. I'm not sure of the science behind this, but I've read in "You are what you eat" that this is the case (you've got that book, haven't you? It's on the page after the ones detailing types of grains  smile.gif )

biggrin.gif

I don't think that's true as a lot of celiac disease people still have problems with it.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

Hi Tom,

once wheat has been sprouted, its gluten content disappears. I'm not sure of the science behind this, but I've read in "You are what you eat" that this is the case (you've got that book, haven't you? It's on the page after the ones detailing types of grains  )