milk thistle milk

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kat

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

Is anyone taking this with good results?

I know of two people (MaryScary on this board and Tamara..?. on Healthboards) whose clear skin is basically achieved simply by taking Milk Thistle.

Sounds too good to be true!!!

I'm thinking of trying this because I want to do something to help detox/flush my liver. I'm not trying to get out of the hard yaaka (sorry aussie slang) of a detox diet... well maybe I am wink.gif but I do have trouble fasting. If I don't eat by mid afternoon I feel faint, queasy, and have a killer headache. eusa_boohoo.gif But seriously I find it really hard to function and things are too full on at the moment for me to have any down time.

So I was hoping milk thistle might help get things moving in the right direction.

Are these just normal fasting symptoms? Is it something that you just have to power through and find that it gets better after the first couple of days?

THanks

Morning
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Gel (SA 2%)
Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser (Lotion)

Night
Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths - Normal to Dry
Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte Skin Resurfacing Cream

Spot treat with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dettol Soothing Antiseptic Cream 2-3x a week

#2 marxs

marxs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

I am taking milk thistle, but not alone...im taking natures answer liver support capsules, which contains milk thistle along with other herbs like dandelion root, red clover top, etc... all of which help provide a healthy liver. Im also taking burdock root, which is also very good for the skin as it helps promote healthy blood

#3 deleted

deleted

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 26 2005, 05:00 PM)
Is anyone taking this with good results?

I know of two people (MaryScary on this board and Tamara..?. on Healthboards) whose clear skin is basically achieved simply by taking Milk Thistle.

Sounds too good to be true!!!

I'm thinking of trying this because I want to do something to help detox/flush my liver. I'm not trying to get out of the hard yaaka (sorry aussie slang) of a detox diet... well maybe I am wink.gif but I do have trouble fasting.  If I don't eat by mid afternoon I feel faint, queasy, and have a killer headache.  eusa_boohoo.gif But seriously I find it really hard to function and  things are too full on at the moment for me to have any down time.

So I was hoping milk thistle might help get things moving in the right direction.

Are these just normal fasting symptoms? Is it something that you just have to power through and find that it gets better after the first couple of days?

THanks

View Post

i haven't tried it but i heard of a product called "thisilyn" from natures way, that is a concentrated form of milk thistle...it is said to work wonders.

#4 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

Yup, very normal fasting symptoms I'm afraid. The first day is a bitch in terms of the old hunger pangs and caffeine withdrawal will probably also kick in if you are a tea or coffee drinker. The second day is much better as by then your body has started to produce ketones which are the bodies natural appetite supressants. Day three was when I started to feel really bad however - the toxins must have been comin out full force; headache, aching back and legs and hideous sinus congestion which is only now, a week on, starting to ease. If you are serious about doing a fasting detox then you should really take some time off whatever comittments you have in your life, at least for a few days as the symptoms can be hardcore, depending on your level of toxicity. If you want to support yourself nutritionally throughout the fast you could do a juice fast instead which is meant to be just as effective with less hunger issues.Alternatively there is the master cleanse - more info on this and fasting on the master cleanse/lemonade thread.
Milk thistle will cleanse your liver, but much more slowly and less dramatically than a fasting detox - it is an good thing to take to keep your liver in good all round condition. The whole point of detoxing is to release the toxins stored in the fat cells of your whole body - cleansing the liver is the tip of the toxic iceberg unfortunately!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users