Photo

Diane 35

diane 35

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
177 replies to this topic

#21 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

HI all, as always here's an update. I'm on week 8 and no change really. I have just tiny bumps on my skin and of course the scars. So as I said before I hope I'm starting on the right path to clear skin. Anyways, I just wanted to share something with u. When I first started the pill I notice a little weight gain, especially in the boob area. I was sooo happy, b.c I'm usually flat as a board. Well, as I tok the pill I also drank a lot of green tea. I drank it at least 3-5 times a week. Well, the past week people have been asking me and telling me that it looks like I lost weight. I kind of noticed it too b/c my boobs went back to their normal size, which sucks. But anyways, I then read that green tea speeds up ur metabolism and helps u loose weight. So, my point to this thread is: If ur afraid of gaining weight on this pill just drink green tea!!! I now only drink it once a week, b/c really if I loose anymore weight I'll look extremely sick. It tastes like crap really. I drink it really fast when it's really hot b/c I can't stand it when it's cooling off. I also drink the decaf one because it contains caffeine. I just wanted to share

#22 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:42 PM

yeah, I lost weight and got bigger boobs on this pill.

I'm glad your skin still looks good!

#23 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

HI ALL
This is the begining of Week 9 Well, I broke out on Mon...3 ugly huge zits. Two were on my chin and 1 on my jaw line. So needles to say, I wasn't too happy, especially since Wed was my b-day. Anyways, the 3 zits are now scabs as a result of my constant picking. I know I know I need to stop. This might sound weird but I think I've been breaking out as a result of drinking green tea. The last time I drank it (2 weeks ago) I broke out and then I drank it again on Sun(last week) and I woke up on Mon with 3 new zits. It sucks b/c green tea is good for u. Not to mention it helped shed those extra pounds I gained taking the pill. So I think I'm going to lay off of drinking green tea for a while just to clear myself up and then try it again to see. On another positive note, the scars on my cheek seem to be fading. So at least outside in the sunshine they don't look so noticeable. Oh Ya, as u know Diane 35, has been deemed a bad b/p pill because it can cause a higher chance of blood clots. Well, I went to my dr and she checked me over, everything is ok. She said that the more active I am, the more I exercise and eat right, the less likely it can occur.

#24 JaneDoeOnAccutane

JaneDoeOnAccutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

I was on D35 for years and recently stopped. BIG MISTAKE! After stopping Diane 35 I broke out horribly. So now I'm on accutane. doubt.gif

I've tried all sorts of BCP - Alesse, ortho tricyclen.. and Diane35 is the one with the least side effects and most effective on my acne. Though I still got some breakouts on Diane35, they weren't severe at all. I recommend it. But just be VERY VERY careful when u take it for a long time then decide to stop taking it, chances are your acne will get a lot worse.
http://spaces.msn.com/members/accutane/

#25 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

WEEK 10.....u know my week 9 was a lot better. I ended up breaking out. Well, not as bad as it used to be. But I still ended up with a few little pimples and not to mention I still have the tiny skin coloured bumps on 1 side of my chin. My scars however on 1 of my cheeks are so faded and a few on my chin are disappearing as well. Compared to how I was when I first started this pill, I'm BETTER, but still not 100.% I'm keeping my fingers crossed b/c this week is my last week before my period and I'm so scared to even see what ugly period zits will appear on my face

#26 Lexy604

Lexy604

Love my baby boy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ Apr 25 2005, 05:19 PM)
Hi,

I've been on Diane 35 for 5 weeks now.  Let me tell, u I broke out soooooo badly the first 2 weeks.  Then I even found out that I have severe allergies to grass and trees so that was also contributing to my breakout.  LUCKY ME eusa_wall.gif Anyways, recently I've started noticing an improvement.  I only got 2 new ones, before I used to get 7 or 8 all at once. (watch I just jinxed myself)  I have soooo many scars though.  I've also notice I have many tiny bumps in between my eyes and my chin.  Honestly, I would rather the little ones then those painful cysts.  I hope I'm on the road to recovery. My doctor estimated I wouldn't see results until 6-8 weeks. Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad. 
Thanks

View Post

I have used this before it didnt do anything for me at all and i was on it for months so i didnt see the point
getting married may 28 2011

using dans cleanser and lotion
bha in the morning and green cream at night
going great so far!!!

#27 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

Week 11(PMS week) I broke out as usual all under my chin I have 4 big ones. But really it's my fault. These big pimples were once small little skin colour bumps that I decided to squeeze eusa_wall.gif Sometimes I can be so stupid. I should have just left things alone. I was just getting really nervous b/c those little bumps weren't going away. Well, at least the breakout and scars on my cheeks are gone. I don't even have little bumps in between my eye brows which is equally great. So my chin and 1 side of my jaw line is my only problem area. So I guess even though I caused the breakout this time, I'm technically clearing. I just hope these 4 zits don't turn into ugly scars that don't cover. Man, when will I ever learn

#28 mongrel_goat

mongrel_goat

Mongrelicity Of A Goat Variety

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:46 AM

im on dianette (english version)
I get it free!
Not a single cystic acne so far and been only on for a week!

My alliance with the mongrel chickens of the earth has ended.

I have formed a new alliance with the most powerful force on the earth, the goats.

#29 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(chicken_mongrel @ Jun 3 2005, 07:46 AM)
im on dianette (english version)
I get it free!
Not a single cystic acne so far and been only on for a week!

View Post

WOW....good for u. I wish you all the best. I broke out so badly. It was disgusting. It's been getting better, but this week is unfortunately a bad week b/c of PMS and my picking.

#30 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:15 PM

U know.....I need to vent. I, like many of you am so TIRED of my situation. I was actually thinking things were looking up and BOOM, reality check! I've been on this pill(Diane 35) for 2 months and 3 weeks, my dr said I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks which I did. But HOLY CRAP I'm still breaking out. The good thing is, is it's only under my chin and 1 jaw side of my jaw line. Before it was on both cheeks, in between my eye brows and forehead. SO I guess there has been. But I want clear skin. WOW, that's such a concept. I've been battling acne for forever and I just need it to stop. (DON'T WE ALL). My friends and family have been great, they are so supportive and think I'm nuts. They don't even call what I have acne. They just say it's a breakout. Some don't even consider it a problem. BUt really do u expect anything less from your friends and loved ones. They are obviously going to say things to make u feel better. I have no idea what the point of this posting is. I'm just fed up I guess and now there's even a guy in my life and I'm so embarrassed to go out with him. He doesn't know me and all he's going to see is that ugly breakout under my chin.

#31 hopeful42day

hopeful42day

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ Apr 28 2005, 11:09 PM)
You know............I don't know how to react to this pill because obviously everyone is different.  There are people who have no side effects and others that experience a good majority. I had none.   eusa_dance.gif There are others who experience no initial breakout and others like myself, have the breakout from hell. mad.gif  I have yet to see clear skin.  I wonder if that really exists?  LOL 
     This is my 5th week on Diane 35,  I have 3 new scabs b/c I picked and a whole bunch of little pimples on my cheeks and chin.   I would rather however have little pimples then big, ugly cysts but it's my fault with the scabs.  I can't help touching my face. I'm like a little kid.  Anyways, does anyone know a good cream that can help to get rid of scars?  Any imput is sooo appreciated.

View Post

ELICINA CREAM!! IT WORKED WONDERS FOR ME!!

you should give it a try.. and yeah loved ones do tell you what you want to hear sometimes but also realize that it'll always seem worst to you than others because when you look at urself u only look at ur imperfections.. others don't see it the way you do, so dont stress girl!
~Accutane Log~

Start Date: February 28th, 2010

Clarus Month 1: 40mg/day
Clarus Month 2: 80mg/day
Clarus Month 3: 80mg/day
Cleanser: Vichy
Moisturizer: Nivea for Dry Skin
Balm: Blistex Lip Medex

"When you finally get exactly what you wanted, only then do you have something to lose ♥"

#32 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...........well my face still sucks. Go figure I only have acne on one side of my chin and 1 cheeck. Everywhere else is beautiful. I went to this place called Fairview Cosmetic Centre and the dr recommended injections. So I had them done. Well, she even injected my small skin coloured bumps which pissed me off, b.c they sort of scabbed. She also prescribed DIfferin gel and wanted me to take Minocyn which I refused to do. I'm already on the pill and now I need more drugs as well. Anyways, compared to how I was I am better it's only really concentrated in 2 spots which sort of looks retarded but whatcha gonna do. If anyone has info about either the injections or Differin gel please post or email me b/c I have no idea what to expect.

#33 yeeeeha

yeeeeha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

Okay, I have been on Diane 35 for four months now, and let me tell you my skin has changed for the better. Now I didn't see these results till the begining of the fourth month. You have you be patient, this is no miracle drug you can't expect results overnight. I still get minor breakout but they go away quite quickly. Good luck

#34 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

Hi all,
I'm in the middle of my 3rd month on this pill and u know I think things are looking up. I'm not as broken out as before. I actually only have 2. I haven't had this little in months. I do still have scars on one cheek and 1 side of my chin. I also stil have small tiny skin coloured bumps on that one side of my chin. These bumps can turn into huge suckers at any time. I went to a dr to get acne injections and I use Differin at night. This may work for me. I HOPE I DIDN'T JINX MYSELF!!!!

#35 lovelyBella

lovelyBella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

I will be starting the 4th month mid-July. I haven't seen amazing results but I guess I don't break out as much.I did break out yesterday though. But I used to get a lot of cystic acne on my chin, but since I started the pills I have only gotten 1 or 2 small ones.

#36 yeeeeha

yeeeeha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:13 PM

I would get something else for the scaring because the pill does nothing for it, Im almost done month four, and I will be getting my period in about 5 days. One thing I notice, I use to have horrible red bumps on my legs and now they are completely gone, my hair is thicker(this is a good thing because my hair was really thin) and less oily but its taking longer to grow than usual. My face looks brighter and I wear alot less makeup. I dont even use acne products I only wash with spectro jel. But I think the best thing of all is I get absolutely no cramps, they were really painful before.

#37 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,
I just finished my 3rd month, which means this is my pms week. NOT LOOKING FORWARD to this. Overall, my face has improved very slowly. I still have numerous scars but I'm not breaking out as much as I used to. I have the acne still concentrated on 1 side of my cheek and 1 side of my chin. On the other cheek I have brownish scars that seem to be going away. I've been applying aloe vera gel to them hourly. I also bought the cream Elicina for my scars but I'm waiting for it to arrive. To add to my regimen, I use Differin gel at night which I like and I've been getting cortisone injections every 2 weeks. I've only gone twice to get these injections and the second time the dr was impressed with my improvements. Anyways, I guess I'm slowly recovering, although it's still not exactly where I want it to be. Like I said, this is my pms week so who knows what zit is lurking to come out. I also wanted to share that, I've read the Diane websites and it states that after 3 cycles (3 months) 30-50% of patients see improvements. After 12 cycles (1 year) 90% of patients see improvements. I really hope I'm part of that 30-50% I don't care if I still breakout as long as it's manageable or at least I can cover it and trust me since Feb, I've been experiencing the breakouts from hell. I'll keep u posted

#38 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

H again,
I'm entering my 4th month this weekend. Well, my pms week was gross. I really broke out. I got 4 cystic zits. I went to my dr and she injected them so luckly they went down. They are now flaky scabs. I have a question though: like I previously said, I'm on my 4th month, I know everyone is different but shouldn't I now see some results? Shouldn't the breakouts be less and less? Before when I first started this pill HOLY COW I used to breakout a lot I would get 3-7 a day, very small or cyctic not to mention the millions of scars. My face was in constant breakout mode. Now I average 1-3 a day, sometimes none at all or 1 every second day. My scars at the moment are a noticeable but they seem to be fading with the use of aloe vera. Anyways, any imput would be appreciated. I just hope that clear skin is in my reach soon.

#39 Guest_tenshigirl25_*

Guest_tenshigirl25_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:18 AM

i just wanted to say i took diane last year and noticed results about 5 months too. it just happens 1 week where your skin seems to get softer and clearer. I remember when my skin was becoming good i wasnt stressed out as usual or thinking about it as much. I drank a lot of water and its amazing how your face can change. your whole face seems to light up and become pretty. anyway, i was overseas at the time and i ran out. my skin was about 85 - 90 % clear so i didnt care so much anymore, and then about 3 months later i noticed my skin got worse and worse. ive just started taking it again, 1 month now. but i took it veryday for 5 months thinking nothing was happening until finally it did. so hang in there, i know girls who took it for 3 months and noticed improvemnt, others 8 months. but i know th longer u take it the better. i would recommend staying on it until u decide u want to get pregnant. i have hormonal acn, mild to moderate and littl bumps, whiteheads, blackheads etc..it really does work on some people so just giv it some time. im hoping in about 4 months my skin will be back to normal.

#40 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(tenshigirl25 @ Jul 7 2005, 03:18 AM)
i just wanted to say i took diane last year and noticed results about 5 months too. it just happens 1 week where your skin seems to get softer and clearer. I remember when my skin was becoming good i wasnt stressed out as usual or thinking about it as much. I drank a lot of water and its amazing how your face can change. your whole face seems to light up and become pretty. anyway, i was overseas at the time and i ran out.  my skin was about 85 - 90 % clear so i didnt care so much anymore, and then about 3 months later i noticed my skin got worse and worse. ive just started taking it again, 1 month now. but i took it veryday for 5 months thinking nothing was happening until finally it did. so hang in there, i know girls who took it for 3 months and noticed improvemnt, others 8 months. but i know th longer u take it the better. i would recommend staying on it until u decide u want to get pregnant. i have hormonal acn, mild to moderate and littl bumps, whiteheads, blackheads etc..it really does work on some people so just giv it some time. im hoping in about 4 months  my skin will be back to normal.

View Post

Thanks.....it sucks that it's such a waiting game. Somedays are definately better then others. The thing that sucks the most is when u think things are getting better, then ur hit with a reality check. I too think about my face constantly and stress over it. Maybe stressing has been causing some of my breakouts as well. Well I'm now on Month 4 and I'm sort of glad I'm back on b/c my pms weeks are just crazy. I've been experiencing these breakouts since Feb and that's why my dr prescribed this pill. Before Feb I would get 1-3 a WEEK and now well it's not happening. Go figure and I'm in my late 20, it's not like I'm a young teenager and stuff. My sister was on the same pill and she noticed results after the 3rd month so I guess it depends on the person. When u starting noticing clearer skin did it happen all at once or did it slowly start to get better and better? I wish u the best of luck and keep me posted