4 replies to this topic

#1 aaah21

aaah21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

has anyone tried it?

i went to a BIG shoppers drug mart (here in canada)... and asked for 100% aloe vera...they gave me a huge bottle of Life Aloe Vera gel...
the thing is

it doesnt say anythin bout being "100%"

however the ingredients are:

Aloe Brabadensis Gel
SD Alcohol 40
Glycerin
polysorbate 20
carbomer
triethanolamine
methylparaben
benzophenone-4
imidazolidninyl urea
fragance
fd&c yellow

does anyone knwo if its ok to use?

the bottle also says.... "helps relieve sunburn pain&prevents drying and peeling"

#2 keisha

keisha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:26 AM

don't buy it,, it's not 100%, it's mixed with alot of other ingredients that can irritate and dry your skin. I was using 98% Jason brand aloe vera gel and that makes my skin kind of dry. Now i'm using the gel straight out of the aloe vera plant which seems to work great on my skin.

#3 Angelis

Angelis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

Same stuff I bought before checking the ingredients, lol.

I put it on, then read the ingredients - Alcohol being one. I was mad, but my face didn't break out..Didn't seem to get dryer...I dunno', try it I guess? tongue.gif

#4 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

Looks like your average aloe vera gel. No aloe vera gel is going to be 100% aloe vera despite what a certain company says on the front of the label (that designation has no actual meaning and is on there for gullible people that don't read ingredient lists). The only ingredient that I don't see in most gels is the benzophenone (usually added to stuff as a sunscreen). Aloe vera juice usually only adds citric acid and potassium sorbate (these 2 are fairly benign preservatives) -- you'll have to apply it with cottan pads or something like that since it's liquid; and also keep it in the fridge.
99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)
---------------------------
Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution
3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)
Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night
CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation
* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)
Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

#5 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:11 PM

aaah21, Wal-Mart carries Fruit of the Earth 100% pure aloe vera gel. It's in the pharmacy section next to the "natural" skin care section.

Presidents Choice (Superstore/Extra Foods/Loblaws etc.) has a 98% pure Aloe Vera Soothing Gel.

The aloe should be clear or whitish in color. The green colored gels contain chemicals and additives which some may find problematic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users