Photo

master cleanse/lemonade diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

i'm wondering if anyone here has done the master cleanse/lemonade diet? (fasting on water with lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper; doing saltwater flushes and drinking laxative tea -- for 10 to 40 days).

you can read about it here: http://www.geocities...er_cleanse.html

a quote from the book: "All skin disorders also disappear as the rest of the body is cleansed. Boils, abscesses, carbuncles, and pimples all come under this category."

i'm planning on trying this soon (for 10 days), and i'm just wondering what to expect. (will it actually clear up my skin?)

#2 Whatsup

Whatsup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:03 AM

Yea i think it would clear up your skin, just dont know how long it will last.

#3 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

I have just finished a three day detox fast drinking only water and lemon juice for the first day, salt flushing on the second day while interspersed with drinking LOTS of water and lemon juice, then slowly reintroducing food back into my system by the end of the third day - brown rice (which absorbs toxins) and steamed and raw veg, which I kept eating for a few days afterwards to continue the detox to an extent. I did eat some friut on the second and third days as I felt that I needed to eat something, especially after allthat salt flushing which leaves you pretty shakey.Oh yeah, and I drank buckets of detox herbal tea through out as well as caffeine is a definate no no.
All I can say is WOW, my skin feels and looks amazing - all spots disappeared and healed super quick with hardly any scarring, as the body goes into healing and cleansing mode when you do this kind of a detox, mainly due to the fasting. I really recommend it, although it is not for the fainthearted - I am still suffering the after effects of the detox which is effectively a healing crisis that the body goes into while expelling the toxins. Basically, expect to get ill - my symptoms were severe nasal congestion, headaches, aching back and legs and generally feeling lousy. These symptoms will mirror whatever your particular health issues are and can last anything from a few days to a few weeks (yikes - I hope not!), so take some time off work or whatever commitments you have if you are serious about doing it.
10 days is an awful long time for a first timer - three was plenty for me, and I would really recommend breaking yourself in slowly as you could have a severe reaction which could take you by surprise , especially if your level of toxicity is high. I intend to ramp it up slowly and next time do four days, then five and so on, just so my body is able to get used to it bit by bit.
Hope it goes well for you, you will definately feel the benefits and the mental ones are an added bonus too - it will give you a clarity that you probably have'nt felt since you were a child! BTW, I did'nt do the master cleanse - I did read about it, but it sounded pretty revolting and I am not entirely sure how necessary it would be to the whole process - I tend to be of the opinion that the body knows what to do and is perfectly capable of cleansing itself with a little help e.g lots of lemon and water. I preferred to keep it simple, but I am sure that such a cleanse has its benefits - if you can keep it down that is!

#4 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

Forgot something - used milkthistle herbal tincture in herbal tea too as this is meant to be good for the cleansing of the liver. Think thats it, if I remember anything else I will post it forthwith!!!

#5 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(bexi @ Apr 25 2005, 02:44 PM)
I have just finished a three day detox fast drinking only water and lemon juice for the first day, salt flushing on the second day while interspersed with drinking LOTS of water and lemon juice, then slowly reintroducing food back into my system by the end of the third day - brown rice (which absorbs toxins) and steamed and raw veg, which I kept eating for a few days afterwards to continue the detox to an extent. I did eat some friut on the second and third days as I felt that I needed to eat something, especially after allthat salt flushing which leaves you pretty shakey.Oh yeah, and I drank buckets of detox herbal tea through out as well as caffeine is a definate no no. 
All I can say is WOW, my skin feels and looks amazing - all spots disappeared and healed super quick with hardly any scarring, as the body goes into healing and cleansing mode when you do this kind of a detox, mainly due to the fasting. I really recommend it, although it is not for the fainthearted - I am still suffering the after effects of the detox which is effectively a healing crisis that the body goes into while expelling the toxins. Basically, expect to get ill - my symptoms were severe nasal congestion, headaches, aching back and legs and generally feeling lousy. These symptoms will mirror whatever your particular health issues are and can last anything from a few days to a few weeks (yikes - I hope not!), so take some time off work or whatever commitments you have if you are serious about doing it.
10 days is an awful long time for a first timer - three was plenty for me, and I would really recommend breaking yourself in slowly as you could have a severe reaction which could take you by surprise , especially if your level of toxicity is high. I intend to ramp it up slowly and next time do four days, then five and so on, just so my body is able to get used to it bit by bit.
Hope it goes well for you, you will definately feel the benefits and the mental ones are an added bonus too - it will give you a clarity that you probably have'nt felt since you were a child! BTW, I did'nt do the master cleanse - I did read about it, but it sounded pretty revolting and I am not entirely sure how necessary it would be to the whole process - I tend to be of the opinion that the body knows what to do and is perfectly capable of cleansing itself with a little help e.g lots of lemon and water. I preferred to keep it simple, but I am sure that such a cleanse has its benefits - if you can keep it down that is!

View Post

thanks for the info!

the drink that you're supposed to have on the master cleanse, as you probably know, has lemon and grade B maple syrup. this maple syrup has a lot of minerals and vitamins that enable you to do the fast for a long time without needing anything else. ("This diet gives a person all the vitamins, food, and energy necessary for the full ten days or longer in a liquid form.") i wouldn't do just the lemon in water for 10 days. i am planning on following the master cleanse exactly, as the guy who wrote it no doubt knows more than i do about this kind of thing. i don't think that 10 days is too long for my first time... but i'll see how it goes. if i start to feel that i need to end it after only a few days, i will. i already eat very well, and have for a couple of years... maybe that will make this fast easier on me.

why does the master cleanse sound revolting to you? isn't it almost the same as what you did? i can understand the saltwater flush sounding revolting, but you say you did one on your 3 day fast... ?

i will probably take milk thistle or some liver cleansing herbs later on... but i don't want to do too many things at once.

#6 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

I guess it sounds revolting cos the idea of cayenne pepper and maple syrup just does'nt gel in my head! But I can see the logic behind supporting yourself nutritionally to prolong the fast. You could also do that with the juice fast which is something that I reckon I will try in the future - need to be able to afford a juicer though and those theings don't come cheap, especially if you want a decent one.
One thing that does make me wonder though - what about the sugar content in the maple syrup - is'nt sugar one of the things that you are sopposed to be eliminating from your system? I am sure that this guy has done his research and totally knows what he is talkin about, but it jus seems a bit odd to me, thats all.
Now the salt flush IS revolting, in fact I puked two lots of it up - yuk, I cringe just thinkin about it! But it certainly did the job and I feel that it has really helped with my candida.
Personally I thought it made sense to take liver cleansing hebs while I was doing a detox and they really are very gentle on your system, especially if taken as a tincture. Whatever works for you though!

#7 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

P.S no probs on the info!!!

#8 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(bexi @ Apr 25 2005, 03:48 PM)
I guess it sounds revolting cos the idea of cayenne pepper and maple syrup just does'nt gel in my head! But I can see the logic behind supporting yourself nutritionally to prolong the fast. You could also do that with the juice fast which is something that I reckon I will try in the future - need to be able to afford a juicer though and those theings don't come cheap, especially if you want a decent one.
One thing that does make me wonder though - what about the sugar content in the maple syrup - is'nt sugar one of the things that you are sopposed to be eliminating from your system? I am sure that this guy has done his research and totally knows what he is talkin about, but it jus seems a bit odd to me, thats all.
Now the salt flush IS revolting, in fact I puked two lots of it up - yuk, I cringe just thinkin about it! But it certainly did the job and I feel that it has really helped with my candida.
Personally I thought it made sense to take liver cleansing hebs while I was doing a detox and they really are very gentle on your system, especially if taken as a tincture. Whatever works for you though!

View Post

i actually love the taste of the drink! (i've tried it before even though i've never done the fast.)

i've considered the juice fast. it sounds very beneficial. but it also seems very expensive. i juiced some celery before, and the amount of juice you get from one stalk is like... nothing! you would need sooo many vegetables to do the fast. and the juice i made tasted gross!!

yeah, i've wondered the same thing about the sugar content of the maple syrup. i'm not too sure why, but apparently it does not have harmful effects. i don't have cadida anyway, so i should be fine.

#9 chameleon_95

chameleon_95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:31 AM

I have done the lemonade diet 3 times and it works great. But the best results came from Parasite Cleanse and Liver Flush.

I found a website in UK selling Clarkia Parasite Cleanse, they also have info in Parasite Cleanse, Liver Cleanse and Bowel Cleanse.

#10 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(chameleon_95 @ Apr 27 2005, 11:31 AM)
I have done the lemonade diet 3 times and it works great. But the best results came from Parasite Cleanse and Liver Flush.

I found a website in UK selling Clarkia Parasite Cleanse, they also have info in Parasite Cleanse, Liver Cleanse and Bowel Cleanse.

View Post

thanks!

how long did you do the master cleanse for?

yeah... i am planning on doing parasite and liver cleansing at some point... i just can't do everything at once.

you've done liver flushes? like, with olive oil and epsom salts? how many have you done? did you do enemas or colonics?

sorry so many questions!

#11 gemma

gemma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

I thought milk thistle was a liver rebuilding herb...like you would take it after you did a flush. I have done one liver flush and a salt water flush and they went very smoothly. I would definitely suggest visiting askshelley.com and read over all the FAQ.

#12 bexi

bexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:05 AM

Hi Gemma! From all the research I've done on milkthistle, it seems to have a few different roles in the repair of the liver. You are right,its main role is a regenerative one - it alters the outer membrene of the the liver cells preventing toxic substances from entering the cells and it also stimulates the regenerative capacity of the liver by increasing ribosome (liver cell) synthesis. However, it also has a powerful anti-oxidant effect, clearing free radicals from the liver and is important in the detoxification process. Hope this clears up any confusion!