Photo

burn skin due of glycolic acid peel

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 franz123

franz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:58 PM

hi! i'm new here and i would like to ask some help regarding my situation..i just got a glycolic acid peel 2 days ago and my skin was burned and irritated..i was so pissed off to my esthetician because it left me a open wound in my chin and some part of my cheeks ..the derm office did'nt charged me for that glycolic peel and she felt sorry for what she have done..so she just gave me a aloe vera gel and a neosporin for my burn face.. my face still hurting and it looks terrible..i'm using the neosporin and aloe vera and some part of it started to peel..my question is do you think it will leave a scar on my face coz i can see some red marks to my peeling skin..and what product should i use for my open wounds? i don't want to have a permanent scar..i really feel bad for this had happened to me..this is not my first time to have a glycolic peel ..pls help me and i will appreciate your suggestions and advices..thank you..

#2 chasm

chasm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(franz123 @ Apr 24 2005, 02:58 AM)
hi! i'm new here and i would like to ask some help regarding my situation..i just got a glycolic acid peel 2 days ago and my skin was burned and irritated..i was so pissed off to my esthetician because it left me a open wound in my chin and some part of my cheeks ..the derm office did'nt charged me for that glycolic peel and she felt sorry for what she have done..so she just gave me a aloe vera gel and a neosporin for my burn face.. my face still hurting and it looks terrible..i'm using the neosporin and aloe vera and some part of it started to peel..my question is do you think it will leave a scar on my face coz i can see some red marks to my peeling skin..and what product should i use for my open wounds? i don't want to have a permanent scar..i really feel bad for this had happened to me..this is not my first time to have a glycolic peel ..pls help me and i will appreciate your suggestions and advices..thank you..

View Post

thats wierd, i did a glycolic peel 2 days ago and the same thing happened to me i suppose i went too strong. my cheeks and part of my chin got all red and stung to touch them so i put on some neosporin, now they've turned into scabs so i doubt much damage to my skin was done. i guess the best thing to do is keep the scabs moist so they dont crack and make a scar, also dont pick at them if any is falling off just trim it with some scissors. anyone else have this happen to them? did it do any damage?

#3 franz123

franz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:59 AM

thanks for your reply but right now ithe scab is falling off by themselves cuse i need to wash my face carefully in order to remove the residue of neosporin and after that i'm applying neosporin and aloe vera 3 to 4x a day but it seems the scab that falls off looks like they were red scars left do you think it will be permanent?

#4 Dustino

Dustino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:48 PM

What % GA were you using?

#5 franz123

franz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

it's not mine it from the derm office but i've noticed the bottle it says 30% glycolic and aloe..the name is glycaloe i think..

#6 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

I've had the same thing happen to me, but I use glycolic peels ranging from 30% to 50% to 60%. After having a peel, always be very careful with the skin on your face...be very gentle when washing, never rub or use a roughly textured towel.

It usually takes about a week for the scab to fall off naturally. How long the underlying redness lasts depends on how deeply the skin was damaged. Some have taken well over a month to fade, but a little concealer will effectively cover it.

The best thing to do is keep applying the 100% aloe vera as it will help the healing. Emu oil can also be applied on top of the aloe; its transdermal quality can be beneficial. Lastly, products containing the latest peptide technologies will also speed up the healing.

If the red turns to brownish scars, products containing hydroquinone will slowly fade the hyperpigmentation. I use and recommend Fading Fluid from Serious Skin Care (www.hsn.com).

#7 Dustino

Dustino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

Now you've got me scared, I just ordered a 30% GA Peel on ebay and it should be here soon....dont wanna make my face worse, just fade those red marks =/

#8 franz123

franz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

actually this is not my first time to have a glycolic peel i never have a problem before but this time my skin got burned maybe because my skin is getting so sensitive nowadays..my scab comes off already but it left me a red marks that's why i'm worried coz i don't want it to be permanent..i'm using herbal aloe force gel ..i bought in a oriental store and i'm using a mederma too just to make sure not to have scar..heartless i have a question if you don't mind i have a silkia camellia oil what's the difference between the emu oil and the camellia oil..? i just bought it 2mons ago and i never use it..

#9 ndmgal

ndmgal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

Ive never burnt my face with a glycolic, only a tca which healed up pretty quickly considering it was BAD! It should heal without a scar, but give it some time and don't pick at it. Try not to use harsh soap when washing too.

#10 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

franz123, sorry but I'm not familiar with camellia oil. Perhaps someone else can give you input on that product.

Emu oil has been promoted as being closest to human skin's natural oils. It is slightly antibacterial and noncomedogenic.

Sometimes I apply aloe vera then use emu on top to help the aloe penetrate deeper into the skin.

I also use copper peptide serum and emu on top. The copper peptide controls oils and the emu "tricks" the skin into acting as if the skin has produced sufficient oil and stops its overproduction, thereby giving skin a less oily appearance.

#11 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

I have just had this happen...there is a scab but the area around the scab is slightly hardened and lost its colour, wondering how to treat it...I was keeping it moist but everywhere says to keep burns dry??!!What do you think?

#12 LatinAdonis

LatinAdonis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

wow funny, thing exact same thing happened to me, I've been doing GA peels for a while now and started doing some on my own, maybe about 3 on my own already and they seemed fine (30% GA, 2.1 PH and 6-8 minutes). then this past monday I did another after about 3 weeks after my last (I do not do it every week as instructedr, I read somewhere that says skin takes around 4 weeks to properly heal).

Anyways it burned the sides of my chin and scabbed over lot worst than I ever had and I looked horribe for a couple days. The scabs have peeled off (I used vitamin E cream and 100% aloe vera all over including scabs while it was bad) and it's peeled off. Left it slight pink and now 5days later it is slightly darker/browner than my normal skin (I'm latino slightly tanned/olive complexion). You can see it's discolored where the scabs were but it seems to be blending in a little each day. I really hope it doesnt scar!! well if I do another peel I'll definitely be leaving it on for a lot less (around 2 minutes). Hopefully it should make these brown splotches fade or they'll even out over time. Anything I can do to improve it??! will this leave a red mark. its not really scarred but discolored sad.gif

#13 Lisa!

Lisa!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

6-8 minutes is far too long. It should be a maximium of 6 mins, after you have done at least 10 peels.

#14 Guest_Marino_*

Guest_Marino_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:50 AM

PEOPLE OF NATRUALLY TANNED OR DARK COMPLAXION BEWARE OF LASERS AND PEELS!

People with darker complexions have a huge rate of increased hyperpigmentation after these treatments. Its due to the fact that these complex melanin colours are hard to build back after the skin has been severly resurfaced. White is the basic colour of rehealed skin evan in darker people [if your black notice you can make your white skin when you scartch it]. This is why you should excersise increased pecaution.

#15 moderateacnewscars

moderateacnewscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

wow that sux - i dont know what to say except do not use any products that are harsh until it heals up. maybe try another type of gentle product or nothing at all for a while then switch to just water til it heals.

#16 lllhhk

lllhhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

FML I JUST USED A 60% GLYCO/LACTIC acid peel from skin laboratory and I got a burnt on the upper part of my lip and my chin!!!

I accidentally scrubbed too hard with my cotton pad when I was using water after leaving it for more than 10mins on!! SHIT What should I do :C?

I can literally see the NEXT layer of skin beneath...

#17 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Perhaps you should go to the doctor since if you can see the skin underneath, it sounds like a chemical burn, and that's quite possible using a 60% peel. and in the future, don't use such a high strength peel if you don't have experience, and even then it's risky. You can try something soothing like pure aloe if you have any lying around. Use a PH neutralizer spray in the future as well. Avoid abrasiveness as well, treat your skin very gently because it's brand new, sensitive skin.

Edited by tim12, 01 July 2011 - 10:48 PM.

#18 Sima

Sima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Same thing happened to me. I was red for several days. The only thing that helped moisturize and repair my skin was Vaseline. I regret getting 2 glycolic peels when I still had active acne. What a waste.