Photo

whats a good diet to go on???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nickabocker

Nickabocker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:37 PM

I was wondering if you could tell me what a good diet would be to go on right about noww. My average diet includes sunny delight (OJ),bannas now and then,meat,noodles now and then, toast (any bread form for that matter),cold cerial (corn pops,ETC)....and more but my snaks include skittles,starburst,twix,swedish fish, and much more but that is about my my average week of sanks (mabey more then 1 of each)
Nickabocker

#2 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Nickabocker @ Apr 23 2005, 07:37 PM)
I was wondering if you could tell me what a good diet would be to go on right about noww. My average diet includes sunny delight (OJ),bannas now and then,meat,noodles now and then, toast (any bread form for that matter),cold cerial (corn pops,ETC)....and more but my snaks include skittles,starburst,twix,swedish fish, and much more but that is about my my average week of sanks (mabey more then 1 of each)
Nickabocker

View Post

Lean proteins - fish, chicken

lots of vegetables

fruit

whole grains

NO REFINED SUGARS OR REFINED GRAINS

Limit fats

NO DAIRY

Read posts on diet/holistic

#3 Nickabocker

Nickabocker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

On the dairy part why???????????????

#4 be-winged

be-winged

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

If you REALLY need to find out a perfect diet for yourself, go find a holistic practitioner/nutritionist and have them give you your own personal book of dieting and excersize. It generally takes.. a couple of hours.

I'm thinking you're not quite ready to do that just yet, however.

If you're looking for general specifics, then here's some personal advice:

stay away from the candy!! A lot of candy has chemicals in the food coloring alone that can be bad for you, so stay away from it. D:

eat more fruit and steamed or raw vegetables (like, nice colorful salads. natural colored foods are generally the healthiest thing for you)

I don't know about dairy products. I like them myself, and it hasn't been proven to me that milk causes me to break out. But, you are different. So, it's up to you to do that.

If you like snacks, eat a carrot or something like that. They're really good when pealed.

whole grains are good. things with brown sugar is good I hear, too. But don't quote me on that.

stay away from noodles. Just.. stay away. Got it? good.

Good cereals for you tend to be things like Honey Bunches of Oats or Total.

If you want more natural products, I generally find really good juices (real juice) at places like Trader Joe's or the Nugget.

#5 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(be-winged @ Apr 23 2005, 07:57 PM)
If you REALLY need to find out a perfect diet for yourself, go find a holistic practitioner/nutritionist and have them give you your own personal book of dieting and excersize.  It generally takes.. a couple of hours.

I'm thinking you're not quite ready to do that just yet, however.

If you're looking for general specifics, then here's some personal advice:

stay away from the candy!!  A lot of candy has chemicals in the food coloring alone that can be bad for you, so stay away from it. D:

eat more fruit and steamed or raw vegetables (like, nice colorful salads.  natural colored foods are generally the healthiest thing for you)

I don't know about dairy products.  I like them myself, and it hasn't been proven to me that milk causes me to break out.  But, you are different.  So, it's up to you to do that.

If you like snacks, eat a carrot or something like that.  They're really good when pealed.

whole grains are good.  things with brown sugar is good I hear, too.  But don't quote me on that.

stay away from noodles.  Just.. stay away.  Got it? good.

Good cereals for you tend to be things like Honey Bunches of Oats or Total.

If you want more natural products, I generally find really good juices (real juice) at places like Trader Joe's or the Nugget.

View Post

Good advice, about the candy and veggies and all that, but there are some things about suggestions that I would tweak

Cereals are a no no - stick with whole grain oatmeal.

Brown sugar is just as bad as white sugar.

If anyone has zits then they should always stop all milk and dairy for at least a month to see if it is a culprit.

But you are correct STAY away from candy, fast food, refined breads and pastas, etc.... stick to veggies, fruit and lean proteins.

#6 Nickabocker

Nickabocker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:15 PM

Thanks i think i am going to try to not drink milk anymore and other dairy stuff oh and cut way back on my candy and pop mabey evern jsut stop haveing it!!!! thanks to all...
I'll tell you all if it works in one mounth but mabey in 2 weeks then 2 after that.
ANy other advice?
Nickabocker

#7 crazylikeafox

crazylikeafox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:34 PM

Minny, in what foods are lean proteins?

Also, I've heard a lot about organic food vs. non-organic. Does it really make that much of a difference?
And then there's the stuff about the sugar bursts you get from some food (like bananas) that you need to counterbalance with other foods.

Argh, why does it have to be so difficult?!

#8 Nickabocker

Nickabocker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(crazylikeafox @ Apr 25 2005, 05:34 AM)
Minny, in what foods are lean proteins?

Also, I've heard a lot about organic food vs. non-organic. Does it really make that much of a difference?
And then there's the stuff about the sugar bursts you get from some food (like bananas) that you need to counterbalance with other foods.

Argh, why does it have to be so difficult?!

View Post

My ? exactly what do you mean by LEAN MEATS?????
Nickabocker

#9 LikeTheRazor

LikeTheRazor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:29 PM

I highly recommend the diet outlined here:

http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/

It has not only cleared me of my acne, but has improved my physique, cleared me of Keratosis Pilaris and reduced the frequency and duration of common colds and other illnesses I used to get.

#10 Solaufein

Solaufein

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

I am interested to know where you all get this information from. There is no link scientific evidence that milk (or anything else) caues acne that I am aware of.

Cereals are bad for you? That sounds like crap to me. Same with this milk issue. If we are talking about what is "good for you" then milk is definitely good.