Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats a good diet to go on???

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you could tell me what a good diet would be to go on right about noww. My average diet includes sunny delight (OJ),bannas now and then,meat,noodles now and then, toast (any bread form for that matter),cold cerial (corn pops,ETC)....and more but my snaks include skittles,starburst,twix,swedish fish, and much more but that is about my my average week of sanks (mabey more then 1 of each)

Nickabocker

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I was wondering if you could tell me what a good diet would be to go on right about noww. My average diet includes sunny delight (OJ),bannas now and then,meat,noodles now and then, toast (any bread form for that matter),cold cerial (corn pops,ETC)....and more but my snaks include skittles,starburst,twix,swedish fish, and much more but that is about my my average week of sanks (mabey more then 1 of each)

Nickabocker

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

If you REALLY need to find out a perfect diet for yourself, go find a holistic practitioner/nutritionist and have them give you your own personal book of dieting and excersize. It generally takes.. a couple of hours.

I'm thinking you're not quite ready to do that just yet, however.

If you're looking for general specifics, then here's some personal advice:

stay away from the candy!! A lot of candy has chemicals in the food coloring alone that can be bad for you, so stay away from it. D:

eat more fruit and steamed or raw vegetables (like, nice colorful salads. natural colored foods are generally the healthiest thing for you)

I don't know about dairy products. I like them myself, and it hasn't been proven to me that milk causes me to break out. But, you are different. So, it's up to you to do that.

If you like snacks, eat a carrot or something like that. They're really good when pealed.

whole grains are good. things with brown sugar is good I hear, too. But don't quote me on that.

stay away from noodles. Just.. stay away. Got it? good.

Good cereals for you tend to be things like Honey Bunches of Oats or Total.

If you want more natural products, I generally find really good juices (real juice) at places like Trader Joe's or the Nugget.

If you REALLY need to find out a perfect diet for yourself, go find a holistic practitioner/nutritionist and have them give you your own personal book of dieting and excersize.  It generally takes.. a couple of hours.

I'm thinking you're not quite ready to do that just yet, however.

If you're looking for general specifics, then here's some personal advice:

stay away from the candy!!  A lot of candy has chemicals in the food coloring alone that can be bad for you, so stay away from it. D:

eat more fruit and steamed or raw vegetables (like, nice colorful salads.  natural colored foods are generally the healthiest thing for you)

I don't know about dairy products.  I like them myself, and it hasn't been proven to me that milk causes me to break out.  But, you are different.  So, it's up to you to do that.

If you like snacks, eat a carrot or something like that.  They're really good when pealed.

whole grains are good.  things with brown sugar is good I hear, too.  But don't quote me on that.

stay away from noodles.  Just.. stay away.  Got it? good.

Good cereals for you tend to be things like Honey Bunches of Oats or Total.

If you want more natural products, I generally find really good juices (real juice) at places like Trader Joe's or the Nugget.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

Thanks i think i am going to try to not drink milk anymore and other dairy stuff oh and cut way back on my candy and pop mabey evern jsut stop haveing it!!!! thanks to all...

I'll tell you all if it works in one mounth but mabey in 2 weeks then 2 after that.

ANy other advice?

Nickabocker

Minny, in what foods are lean proteins?

Also, I've heard a lot about organic food vs. non-organic. Does it really make that much of a difference?

And then there's the stuff about the sugar bursts you get from some food (like bananas) that you need to counterbalance with other foods.

Argh, why does it have to be so difficult?!

Minny, in what foods are lean proteins?

Also, I've heard a lot about organic food vs. non-organic. Does it really make that much of a difference?

And then there's the stuff about the sugar bursts you get from some food (like bananas) that you need to counterbalance with other foods.

Argh, why does it have to be so difficult?!

I am interested to know where you all get this information from. There is no link scientific evidence that milk (or anything else) caues acne that I am aware of.

Cereals are bad for you? That sounds like crap to me. Same with this milk issue. If we are talking about what is "good for you" then milk is definitely good.