6 replies to this topic

#1 hurt by my skin

hurt by my skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

If I could only give up caffeine

I have be drinking caffeine since I was a teenage. Oddly enough, that is when my acne started! I have always wondered if caffeinated coffee and my acne were linked.

I really want to try to stop drinking caffeine. I also have to stop smoking. I am sure my complexion and rosacea would improve if I gave up these two vices.

Has anyone here seen improvements in their complexion by giving up caffeine and nicotine?

Thanks

#2 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me
  • Interests:I have some intrests, but not much free time. I attend uni and am majoring in physical therapy. I take my studies pretty seriousally, I'm very competitive, and borderline OCD about my grades. Currently I work 2 jobs in order to pay for school and other bills.<br /><br />In my free time I enjoy reading, bodybuilding, watching sports (football, baseball, and boxing are my favorites), and other things normal people do.<br /><br />I live a fairly health lifestyle. I'm picky about what I eat, some people even call me a health food junkie. <br /><br />I have 2 cats and 2 dogs for pets, I have pics of the cats, but not the dogs yet. If you want to add me to your contact list on AIM or MSN go for it, add me as a friend here if you like. I'm very open, friendly, and easy going.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:08 AM

I heard that caffine can irritate acne. I know when I used to drink soda it made me break out. I blame all the sugar and the insulin spike for that, but caffine could have played a part too.

#3 KeithUrbanLover

KeithUrbanLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

2 weeks ago I gave up The soda. I drink nothing but water...unless I give in and have 1 can of diet soda......no more than 1 a day!!! I can say my skin has cleared up enough that I would go with out make up!
~Lesa~

My Routine:
***60-80 ounces of water per day..........I can not stress how important this is. You need water to help the body flush toxins. I saw a huge imporvement from doing this alone.
***wash face 2 times per day with Provon soap(or any soap containing PCMX other wise known as chloroxylenol)
***I dont exfoliate with a product.I use a cheap not very soft washcloth and rub gently. I read somewhere Cybil Shepard does the same thing. Her grandmother told her about it.
***moisturize with grapeseed oil~2 times a day
***Use sunscreen on face if I am not wearing make up
***keep hands off face
***keep hair clean and pulled out of face
***Use only Jlynne minerals make up.....this stuff is amazing!!! I wore it one day while being out in the sun for a long time. I didnt sunburn on my face,but did everywhere else :(

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

I definitely notice a difference in my complexion when I am not drinking coffee. I don't drink it regularly anymore, but occassionally I'll have some. If I do it two days in a row, my skin shows it. Same thing with alcohol.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#5 hurt by my skin

hurt by my skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

I am thinking about replacing caffeine with green tea. I wonder if green tea is good for the skin? I'm sure it can't hurt. My boss is a health nut and drinks green tea during work. I should talk to him and find out where he gets it and how he prepares it.

#6 shiningstar790

shiningstar790

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:38 PM

Yes I notice when I drink alot of pop that my face does break out. Now if i want pop then i make sure i also drink alot of water to make up for it. I used to smoke and I havent noticed anything different from quitting on my skin!

#7 Wolfy

Wolfy

Formerly Known As Wolfkeeper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Studies into the unbearable lightness of light bulbs. Hard core rocketry.

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(shiningstar790 @ Apr 27 2005, 03:38 AM)
Yes I notice when I drink alot of pop that my face does break out. Now if i want pop then i make sure i also drink alot of water to make up for it. I used to smoke and I havent noticed anything different from quitting on my skin!

View Post

My face goes red when I drink a lot of coffee- quite red actually.

If I mix in one or more cups of cold water between cups of coffee it seems to help though. It seems to be just blushing from the hot liquid mostly in my case. YMMV.

"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users