Photo

Red Tea

calcium green tea red tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

I went to a herbal festival where they had loads of herbal remedies and whole food samples. Well a woman at a booth said what reason would I want a tea, I said skin, and she said red tea is great for the skin. It has 50% more antioxidants than green tea, and helps the liver. Also has a good amount of calcium in it, if you do not drink milk/soy or get it from some place else. It is popular in Africa and Europe, I have not heard of it until today. Not to mention, this tea has no caffeine.

#2 iron mouse

iron mouse

La la la...

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Wow, that sounds like some pretty awesome tea there. I have also never heard of it until now. Where can you buy it in the US?

#3 BriGuy86

BriGuy86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Hey guys, yeah red tea is awsome stuff. Extremely healthy and NO caffene smile.gif You can get it at any grocery store for about the same price as green tea. I get the Good Earth brand.

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:40 AM

Are you talking about rooibos? You must be because all tea has caffeine and Rooibos has SOD. It doesn't have 50% more antioxidants than green but SOD is a very powerful antioxidant. It's not really a tea as it is more of a herb.

If you're talking about chinese red tea, that is what we call black tea. It's the same plant as green tea and definitly has caffiene. Although this has less antioxidants.

I'd say if you want the best of all worlds, get white tea. Depending on the kind it has the most antioxidants and other benefits because it is picked the freshest and isn't fermented.

#5 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Apr 23 2005, 07:40 AM)
Are you talking about rooibos? You must be because all tea has caffeine and Rooibos has SOD. It doesn't have 50% more antioxidants than green but SOD is a very powerful antioxidant. It's not really a tea as it is more of a herb.

If you're talking about chinese red tea, that is what we call black tea. It's the same plant as green tea and definitly has caffiene. Although this has less antioxidants.

I'd say if you want the best of all worlds, get white tea. Depending on the kind it has the most antioxidants and other benefits because it is picked the freshest and isn't fermented.

View Post

Yea I thought Rooibos when I read the topic too as I've never heard of a red tea that doesn't have caffeine in it before. I used Rooibos for a while but I didn't really see any effect on my acne at all from using it.

#6 yme

yme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

where can i get this so called red tea? im in cali

#7 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(yme @ Apr 23 2005, 04:20 PM)

View Post

I got it at the whole foods market, but i am sure you can get it at your supermarket, or maybe health food store.

#8 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(bloodcries @ Apr 24 2005, 07:56 AM)
I got it at the whole foods market, but i am sure you can get it at your supermarket, or maybe health food store.

View Post

So is it Rooibos you're talking about? I did a google search on red tea and that's what came up most of the time too.

#9 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

Rooibos is my favorite tea. Tastes better than green tea IMO, and has no caffeine and other benefits that you guys have already mentioned. It also has zinc, fluoride, and calcium among other things.

#10 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:03 AM

Overall it still doesn't have as many benefits as green or white tea(Pu-Erh and black tea have the uncanny ability to clear your body of cholesterol so I suppose they are great as well). Tea in general is great for you. The benefits far outweight the amount of caffiene it has in it. PLus for many people caffiene in moderation is healthy.

#11 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(yme @ Apr 23 2005, 11:20 AM)

View Post

Barnes and Noble has it also for sale. It is very good.

#12 deleted

deleted

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:39 AM

try out japanese sencha tea ...it really is good for you