THE SCAR FORUM SEARCH TOOL
( AND HOW TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY )
Sorry if this may seem patronising to some of you, but I feel it is necessary to reinforce the importance of the search tool.
In the scar forum, due to the vast amount of posts and the wide range of treatments and products we are discussing, it is more important than in other forums to make good use of the Search tool. This is how a lot of the experienced members here have built up knowledge about procedures they have not had done themselves.
Before posting a question, please use the search tool to see if it has already been covered. In most cases, it will have been.
Also, please try and add your questions to the end of long threads about the procedure/product it is relevant to. This helps to keep all information in one source and prevents cluttering up the board.
MAXIMISING THE EFFICIENCY OF THE SEARCH TOOL
Here are some easy steps for getting the most out of the search tool.
1. After you click on 'search,' (in the top right hand corner of the toolbar) click on MORE OPTIONS at the bottom. This will bring you to a new page. Alternatively, follow this link: http://www.acne.org/...rch&mode=adv&f=
2. On this new screen, type in your key word or phrase. For instance, needling
3. Under the refine search headings, drop the tabs so that they read search posts from any date and sort results by number of replies
4. Click to Search titles only and show results by topic
5. Finally, make sure the scar treatments forum is highlighted under the 'search where' tab.
6. Click 'perform the search'.
All this will ensure that you are taken straight to the list of the absolutely most relevant topics - you will only be looking at threads that are specifically about needling (having it in the title), and you will be looking at the most informative threads we have produced on the board - the ones with the most pages.
While it may seem daunting, it is definitely worth reading through all the pages of threads regarding procedures you think you would like to pursue.
If your search brings up no results, (which is unlikely) - try broadening the search, ie: by looking in 'entire post' rather than titles only.
Hope this is helpful, and have fun searching!
Paul and the scar forum moderating team.
*SCAR FORUM SEARCH TOOL*needling
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users