Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does chocolate break you out?

23 posts in this topic

Nope. I have never found any food that makes me break out.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

I don't think so. I don't really pay attention but I remember a few months ago I went on a huge chocolate binge (and I mean huge) and I didn't breakout any worse than I usually did.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

eusa_hand.gif  shock.gif

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

No, MinnyM0use, I'm not clear, I have two pimples at the moment. I think I was a bit hasty when I said that I've never found a food that breaks me out, I meant that I haven't found anything because I haven't looked all that hard. eusa_think.gif And now that I've given it some thought, I ate some chocolate yesterday and I got a pimple this morning. I'll try eating more chocolate today and see if it was just a coincidence, lol.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so can I ask you whether having one glass of milk (with Milo) a day, is too much dairy? Everybody on this site seems to agree that dairy=bad.

yme: I do eat healthy foods mostly. Does eating healthy food help you (you specifically, not for people generally) keep your skin clear?

No, MinnyM0use, I'm not clear, I have two pimples at the moment. I think I was a bit hasty when I said that I've never found a food that breaks me out, I meant that I haven't found anything because I haven't looked all that hard.  eusa_think.gif And now that I've given it some thought, I ate some chocolate yesterday and I got a pimple this morning. I'll try eating more chocolate today and see if it was just a coincidence, lol.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so can I ask you whether having one glass of milk (with Milo) a day, is too much dairy? Everybody on this site seems to agree that dairy=bad.

yme: I do eat healthy foods mostly. Does eating healthy food help you (you specifically, not for people generally) keep your skin clear?

chocolate does not break me out. No food seems to. I have eaten really "bad" foods the latest week, drinking milk, eating mcdonalds, lots of cheese, chocolate/candy , loads of bread, yoghurt.. since i started The Regimen last friday ( yeah, one week already! ) i think i have got one, maybe two zits. So, i can not say food breaks me out. BUT, of course i don't know for sure, but atleast i don't think it does.

I really dont think a little chocolate is going to break me out. I'm not going to eat a whole chocolate cake or even a brownie but a little chocolate to calm the craving is not going to hurt me.

Yes. Regardless of what studies show or don't show, whenever I eat alot of chocolate, I break out the next morning.

...Take a breath and I try to draw from my spirits well

Yet again you refuse to drink like a stubborn child

Lie to me, convince me that I've been sick forever

And all of this will make sense when I get better...

I am a total CHOCAHOLIC

But a couple of years ago I weaned myself of the stuff and had hardly any for 2-3 months just to see if it would make a difference to my acne...it didn't

Also I was pretty much clear the whole of last year and I ate chocolate everyday

So for me it's a no... however I wouldn't completely discount the link between diet and acne altogether. It's something that I'm researching at the moment and may look at trying if the progress I have made so far stalls and I can't get completely clear.

Morning

Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Gel (SA 2%)

Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser (Lotion)

Night

Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths - Normal to Dry

Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte Skin Resurfacing Cream

Spot treat with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask

Dettol Soothing Antiseptic Cream 2-3x a week

I am a total CHOCAHOLIC

But a couple of years ago I weaned myself of the stuff and had hardly any for 2-3 months just to see if it would make a difference to my acne...it didn't

Also I was pretty much clear the whole of last year and I ate chocolate everyday

So for me it's a no... however I wouldn't completely discount the link between diet and acne altogether. It's something that I'm researching at the moment and may look at trying if the progress I have made so far stalls and I can't get completely clear.