milk thistle

5 replies to this topic

#1 marxs

marxs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

To those who take burdock root, what dosage do you take? I just bought natures answer burdock root which contains 500mg per capsule and im taking 1g a day.

i also bought the liver support which contains oregon grape root, dandelion root, goldenseal root, milk thistle fruit (seed), red clover top, rhubarb root, gentian root, prickly ash bark. its also 500mg per cap and im taking 1500mg a day. any of you tried this?

im hoping this will help fend of and put my active acne at bay. any of you had experience with any of the two?

#2 marxs

marxs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:54 AM

just wanted to say my face is getting a WHOLE lot better...the only changes ive made to my regimen thus far is taking these and shifting from using cetaphil to burts bees tomato complexion bar

#3 Kat

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:16 AM

eusa_dance.gif

yay for you.

Just wondering if you could share with me what your regime is as well as what your skin was like before taking these supplements and what its like now (if you don't mind)

Thanks
Morning
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Gel (SA 2%)
Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser (Lotion)

Night
Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths - Normal to Dry
Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte Skin Resurfacing Cream

Spot treat with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dettol Soothing Antiseptic Cream 2-3x a week

#4 marxs

marxs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 27 2005, 07:16 PM)
eusa_dance.gif

yay for you.

Just wondering if you could share with me what your regime is as well as what your skin was like before taking these supplements and what its like now (if you don't mind)

Thanks

View Post

Hey Kat, nice of you to reply.

Well a quick history, I used to go to the derm once or twice a month, and although my skin got soooo clear, as in filthy smooth, you can look at my skin at different angles and it will be as smooth as marble, I didnt like the idea of HAVING to go to the derm all the time, and wasting money... I asked my derm if there was anything she could give me, and she prescribed differin for me. I started using differin and saw good results...5 months have gone by, i never saw my derm, and differin was working, until suddenly my face started getting bumpy again, whiteheads, etc...you couldnt see them, but when i washed my face i felt bad touching my skin cause it was rough.

from then I started using natural stuff, about the same time i bumped into this board. I still use differin every night (very minimal mind you) and I've been using a mix and match of regimens here on the board. here is my current regimen:

Mornings
-Wash face gently with Burts Bees tomato complexion bar
-Apply moisturizer (optional)
-Drink lemon/olive oil detox (only takes 1 minute)
-Take 1 tablet natures answer burdock root / 1 tablet liver support

Midday
-Take 1 tablet liver support

Evenings
-Gently exfoliate with Baking soda + Water scrub
-Tone with ACV
-Apply egg white + lemon mask
-Apply differin (only when needed), moisturize

My current regimen is a mix of delnas, pankins use of burts bees plus my detox. Excluding the capsules i started using, my skin was getting clear. I did see a little bit of improvement on my hyperpigmentation, but it was slow so i decided to move from cetaphil to burts bees, and i can attest it is helping SO much, thanks to pankins for that! Since I was doing a detox, i decided to add burdock root and liver support to my regimen to help my liver, and i noticed my active acne started coming to a head and I no longer have active acne around my face anymore, and my facial skin is as smooth as it was when i used to go to my derm. The regimen is a bit long in the evening, but ive been doing it everynight and i can attest to the results.

#5 ETERNALacne

ETERNALacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:30 AM

I've used burdock root supplements and eaten tons of burdock root fresh!

Didn't do a damn thing for acne, but it did provide fiber for the stools to pass easily.

#6 sactown22

sactown22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(marxs @ Apr 27 2005, 05:01 AM)
Hey Kat, nice of you to reply.

Well a quick history, I used to go to the derm once or twice a month, and although my skin got soooo clear, as in filthy smooth, you can look at my skin at different angles and it will be as smooth as marble, I didnt like the idea of HAVING to go to the derm all the time, and wasting money... I asked my derm if there was anything she could give me, and she prescribed differin for me. I started using differin and saw good results...5 months have gone by, i never saw my derm, and differin was working, until suddenly my face started getting bumpy again, whiteheads, etc...you couldnt see them, but when i washed my face i felt bad touching my skin cause it was rough.

from then I started using natural stuff, about the same time i bumped into this board. I still use differin every night (very minimal mind you) and I've been using a mix and match of regimens here on the board. here is my current regimen:

Mornings
-Apply moisturizer (optional)
-Drink lemon/olive oil detox (only takes 1 minute)

Midday
-Take 1 tablet liver support

Evenings
-Gently exfoliate with Baking soda + Water scrub
-Tone with ACV
-Apply egg white + lemon mask
-Apply differin (only when needed), moisturize

My current regimen is a mix of delnas, pankins use of burts bees plus my detox. Excluding the capsules i started using, my skin was getting clear. I did see a little bit of improvement on my hyperpigmentation, but it was slow so i decided to move from cetaphil to burts bees, and i can attest it is helping SO much, thanks to pankins for that! Since I was doing a detox, i decided to add burdock root and liver support to my regimen to help my liver, and i noticed my active acne started coming to a head and I no longer have active acne around my face anymore, and my facial skin is as smooth as it was when i used to go to my derm. The regimen is a bit long in the evening, but ive been doing it everynight and i can attest to the results.

View Post

Wow, I could never commit to doing that day in/day out, but if it's working for you, that's awesome.

Anyways, I am CONVINCED that using natural supplementation can have drastic positive effects on your acne. In the past two weeks, I have been taking 14 g of flax seed oil a day (liquid forum) and only rinsing my face with water, and my acne on my chin has virtually dissolved. I want to start taking other supplements to help with my redmarks though too.

But great job clearing up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users