Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

junk food and acne

4 posts in this topic

PLEASE ANSWER THESE TWO QUESTIONS SEPERATLY

does over consumsion of junk food create acne?

also does over consumption of sugars create acne? (such as drinking tons of gaterade)

PLEASE ANSWER THESE TWO QUESTIONS SEPERATLY

does over consumsion of junk food create acne?

also does over consumption of sugars create acne? (such as drinking tons of gaterade)

1 person likes this

Also the iodine in salt can aggravate acne. Look at the sodium content on the label...most junk foods and processed foods (e.g. canned soups etc.) use high quantities of salt.

As said, sugar will not directly cause acne but it can definitely exacerbate it due to insulin spikes, hormone imbalance, free radical formation, oxidative stress, inflammation, etc.

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.