3 replies to this topic

#1 Power5220

Power5220

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

PLEASE ANSWER THESE TWO QUESTIONS SEPERATLY

does over consumsion of junk food create acne?

also does over consumption of sugars create acne? (such as drinking tons of gaterade)

#2 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me
  • Interests:I have some intrests, but not much free time. I attend uni and am majoring in physical therapy. I take my studies pretty seriousally, I'm very competitive, and borderline OCD about my grades. Currently I work 2 jobs in order to pay for school and other bills.<br /><br />In my free time I enjoy reading, bodybuilding, watching sports (football, baseball, and boxing are my favorites), and other things normal people do.<br /><br />I live a fairly health lifestyle. I'm picky about what I eat, some people even call me a health food junkie. <br /><br />I have 2 cats and 2 dogs for pets, I have pics of the cats, but not the dogs yet. If you want to add me to your contact list on AIM or MSN go for it, add me as a friend here if you like. I'm very open, friendly, and easy going.

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(Power5220 @ Apr 17 2005, 11:40 PM)
PLEASE ANSWER THESE TWO QUESTIONS SEPERATLY

does over consumsion of junk food create acne?
also does over consumption of sugars create acne? (such as drinking tons of gaterade)

View Post

Neither will create acne by itself. However if you are succeptable to acne there is a good chance the sugar will aggrivate it.

#3 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

Also the iodine in salt can aggravate acne. Look at the sodium content on the label...most junk foods and processed foods (e.g. canned soups etc.) use high quantities of salt.

#4 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, health, nutrition, fitness, overall wellness, cars, and tennis.

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

As said, sugar will not directly cause acne but it can definitely exacerbate it due to insulin spikes, hormone imbalance, free radical formation, oxidative stress, inflammation, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users