Photo

Jojoba oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 M_D

M_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ Jun 9 2005, 09:17 PM)
I love this product but I stopped using it for a while to see if it was causing my breakouts and my breakout stopped.  Once I started applying it again, I suddenly got pimples there.  I don't know if that was coincidence or if it's the oil.  I've decided to stop again and see.  I miss it though b/c is really helped with my dryness

View Post

Ya, I've been breaking out recently. It kinda sucks because I was acne free for quite some time, many months actually. I decided to use jojoba oil to even out my complexion. I've decided to discontinue use, I doubt I will use it again anytime in the future, I just keep breaking out.

#42 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(M_D @ Jun 13 2005, 10:56 PM)
Ya, I've been breaking out recently. It kinda sucks because I was acne free for quite some time, many months actually. I decided to use jojoba oil to even out my complexion.  I've decided to discontinue use, I doubt I will use it again anytime in the future, I just keep breaking out.

View Post

Thanks 4 sharing. I swear I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this. I love the product though, it did keep my face smooth and not dry. Do u get actual pimples or tiny skin coloured bumps? I get both!

#43 M_D

M_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ Jun 14 2005, 11:30 AM)
Thanks 4 sharing.  I swear I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this.  I love the product though, it did keep my face smooth and not dry.  Do u get actual pimples or tiny skin coloured bumps?  I get both!

View Post

Well, I still have some clogged pores around my nose (not whiteheads, or blackheads, sort of like tiny skin coloured bumps I guess). Those, however, cannot be attributed to the oil, because I had them before I started using it. However, I've started to breakout all over my forehead/between the eyes area. It's kinda of upsetting, considering the fact that I was acne free for many months before this.

#44 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(M_D @ Jun 14 2005, 09:51 PM)
Well, I still have some clogged pores around my nose (not whiteheads, or blackheads, sort of like tiny skin coloured bumps I guess). Those, however, cannot be attributed to the oil, because I had them before I started using it. However, I've started to breakout all over my forehead/between the eyes area. It's kinda of upsetting, considering the fact that I was acne free for many months before this.

View Post

with me....yesterday I looked in the mirror and decided to squeeze a few. Needless to say, they are big and red now. SOmetimes I can just kick myself. Now I have 4 ugly ones underneath my chin. From now on I swear I'm going to do everything in my power to stop touching

#45 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Just in case anyone is interested...
I noticed a few ppl were saying that jojoba oil is expensive. Well the other day I went into Ambrosia, and I found a product by Jason Naturals. The price was quite reasonable in comparison to others. But then, Ambrosia does have a tendency to have cheaper prices then most stores.
"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

#46 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

I really do love this product...........BUT................... I stopped using it awhile ago because I found it would give me small skin coloured bumps. I used to and still love the way it makes the flakes disappear. Recently I experienced a slight breakout so I decided to use the jojoba oil again. It did it's job and the dryness is gone but I have small skin coloured bumps again. So obviously it's the product that's doing this, which completely sucks. Oh well, I guess I need to throw the bottle in the garbage b/c I'm trying to prevent pimples of any form and this is not helping.

#47 Missemss

Missemss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

What is the difference between jojoba base oil and cold pressed jojoba?

#48 Oilygirl1980

Oilygirl1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

It has something to do with the extraction of the oil. I think the temperature cant be too high or some of the good things in it get lost in the process. Ive been told that cold pressed oils are better for the skin. Its kind of like vegetables- steaming is better than boiling. Keeps all the nutrients in better.

Jojoba oil also gave me a rash. Painless and not itchy, but just skin colored bumps. If i wasnt allergic to it, i would have stayed with it. It was a great moisturizer.