Photo

Jojoba oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#21 DolceDolce

DolceDolce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

my skin can get really bad dry patches but its EXTREMELY sensitive
should i try using jojoba oil?
i'm scared to try new stuff cause my skin reacts with almost everythinggg

#22 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(v-LO @ May 12 2005, 03:08 PM)
my skin can get really bad dry patches but its EXTREMELY sensitive
should i try using jojoba oil?
i'm scared to try new stuff cause my skin reacts with almost everythinggg

View Post

I found jojoba oil to be gentle. I never had a bad reaction with it. I have extremely sensative skin and anything dries me out. Jojoba oil helped leep the dryness under control

#23 DolceDolce

DolceDolce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ May 12 2005, 04:19 PM)
I found jojoba oil to be gentle. I never had a bad reaction with it.  I have extremely sensative skin and anything dries me out.  Jojoba oil helped leep the dryness under control

View Post

okayyy sounds good. i might try to get some soon
although im going away for the weekend and i don't know if getting it right now is the best idea =/

#24 juster18

juster18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

it seems as though everyone like this product. every moistruizer i use seems to clog my pores. so i bought the dessert essence jojoba oil. i put some on and it did not go into my skin, a layer of oil just stayed there for about an hour. when i dabbed my hand on my face all this oil came off on my fingers. so i washed it off and the next day i had three zits on my forehead.

what did i do wrong? did i use too much or something? i think i used about a teaspoon's worth. i'm so bummed because i went out and spent like 10 dollars on this because everyone was saying how amazing it was. i was skeptical the oil would absorb, and it seemed i was right.

#25 sunshinemakesmehappy

sunshinemakesmehappy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

I have just finished reading a book called "If you want great skin throw away your cosmetics" it is written by a beauty therapists (20 yrs in the industry) and a Naturopath. Here are the details they have written about Jojoba Oil.
Jojoba Oil is extracted from the Jojoba seed. The wisdom of the native American Indians who relied on nature traditionally, used the oil for cooking, haircare and treatment of problems such as poison ivy, sores & wounds.
Our skins sebum which consists of 25% to 30% liquid wax esters is almost identical to Jojoba explaining why it penetrates the skin so well. Jojoba mixes with sebum and does not cause clogging or congesting.
In fact it will help emulsify clogging and congestion of blackheads by dissolving the blockages. Collagen and elastin is also strengthened by Jojoba.
Being a wax Jojoba oil is very stable and does not become rancid easily which means it has very high anti-oxidant qualities. Therefore wearing jojoba oil over your skin acts like a protective shield from external environmental free radicals.
This high level of anti-oxidant activity also prevents certain types of bacteria from growing which makes jojoba oil useful for most skin conditions, especially infections and acne. It must come from a reputible supplier and be cold pressed.
Using just 2-3 drops apply it as you would your moisturiser, spread the drops over your fingers and pat gently into your skin.
other oils recommended for acne were Bergamot for cleansing, tea tree for the anti septic qualities, lavendar for calm the skin. Jojoba was a great all round oil to use for anything.
Here is some general info. People with acne are the biggest culprits for stripping their 'acid mantle' this is basically your natural ph level. Not knowing what to do with their pimples, they wash and scrub with soaps, chemicals & detergents. This often destroys their acid mantle and lets bacterica thrive with infected pimples and acne is the result. A good rule is: if it foams it will strip.
A form of daily cleansing was to fill your basin with tepid water, 3 drops of chosen oil, soak a soft wash cloth with the water squeeze it out a little and compress on your face and neck, do this three tiimes on the fourth time squeeze the cloth right out and compress, then let your face just air dry. Once done use the jojoba oil as a moisturiser.
I have been doing this for the past five days and it feels amazing. You would think using an oil would you make you feel greasy when in fact it does the complete opposite.
As for this book it is truly AMAZING. I borrowed it from my local library but I am gong to buy it, there is so much information regarding toxicity of the body, your diet general essentials you should be having if you suffer from skin problems but just general skin health as well.
I hope this is as informative for someone else as it was for me.
Life should not be measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

#26 arya

arya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

^^^
It was very informative!!! thanks a bunch for the info! biggrin.gif I've been using it for about two weeks now and I like it a lot. it's a great moisturizer. any accutane users, try it out, coz it has really helped with the dryness.

#27 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

I've been using JOJOBA oil for over a month now and I truly LOVE IT. It helps with the flakes and dryness. Depending on how dry ur skin is, it either removes the dryness the next day or a few days later. It sits well under my make up as well. I recommend this product to anyone. The best thing to is that it doesn't break u out. I was sooooo nervous at the begining but now I use it all the time

Tiredofzits

#28 DolceDolce

DolceDolce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

i just bought some jojoba oil today
i think i kinda got ripped off cause its like a dinky bottle and it was fucking 18 dollars...
it doesn't say 100% but i'll see how it works out.
how exactly do i put it on and when?
should i just put some on a cotton ball and dab it on my face and leave it there before i put on makeup?

#29 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

Yes !!

where can you get it Cheap??

I saw at the health store for a really small bottle it was about $18 and for a larger one it costed near $30

I wanted a good size for a good price
anywhere good? or Brand?
I also read that its for Hair only or can be mixed in Make-ups

#30 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:15 AM

Hi
I bought it at a Health Food Store. My bottle cost $14 and yes it is a dinky bottle. On the label it says 100% pure jojoba oil. What I do is squeeze a few drops in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together and then I apply it on my face. U can apply this stuff anytime, it's especially good after a shower because ur pores are opened. I even apply it under my makeup. I apply it first wait 5 mins then apply my other moisturizer and then put my make up on. Depending on how dry my face is I apply it as much as 4 times a day. I now apply it in the morning and right after my shower at night. I just love this product. eusa_dance.gif I'm now looking for a moisturizer that has jojoba oil in it. I know Desert Essence has jojoba oil in it, but I want to buy it in a store rather then on-line. Does anyone know where I can buy a moisturizer with jojoba oil in it?

#31 DolceDolce

DolceDolce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

is jojoba oil supposed to like flake your skin off to get rid of the dryness?
cause thats what it seems to be doing to mine =/
its making the dryness so much more obvious
i dont think it's working for me

#32 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

I have a question for anyone to answer............

I've recently been noticing very small, skin colour bumps along 1 cheek and 1 side of my chin. Truthfully, I would rather have them then any ugly huge zit that u can see from a mile away. But here's my question, I've read and heard that the tiny bumps can be clogged pores, so do u think maybe the jojoba oil is clogging my pores? It's been happening the past month and that's as long as I've been using this product. Maybe I've used this product a little too much. Any imput is appreciated

Tania (aka tiredofzits)

#33 _helpme_

_helpme_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

I am very interested in finding out if jojoba oil clogs pores as well. I bought desert essenceĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s jojoba oil a few days ago and had only applied it three times. I saw a few more bumps appearing, but they could be from Queen Helene masque that I have just started using. So I decided to postpone using jojoba oil for now. Last night, I went back to read some reviews. From what I have read this far, here are a few things I found interesting:
1) A couple people mentioned about patting it onto your face rather than rubbing it all over your face
2) A couple people had some bumps/pimples initially but continued using it and have had good results.

If you are interesting in reading more, here is the link http://makeupalley.c....._(100%_pure)/. Maybe 4 times a day is a bit much. Perhaps cutting it down to twice a day?

Hope this helps and please keep us posted.

#34 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

Okay....I stopped using Jojoba oil for 4 days and I noticed that some of my small bumps did disappear and others got a little bigger. Coincidence???? The only crappy thing about that was that my skin was dryer then usual. So what am I supposed to do? I don't even know if the tiny bumps are a result of the jojoba oil confused.gif

#35 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(tiredofzits @ May 28 2005, 09:36 PM)
Okay....I stopped using Jojoba oil for 4 days and I noticed that some of my small bumps did disappear and others got a little bigger.  Coincidence????  The only crappy thing about that was that my skin was dryer then usual.  So what am I supposed to do? I don't even know if the tiny bumps are a result of the jojoba oil  confused.gif

View Post

have you considered other possible reasons? have you changed anything else to your regimen?? have you been doing or eating anything different from usual. How about hormones acting up???

It could be the jojoba...I guess not everyone's skin can handle it. Do find it typical for your skin not to tolerate some products??
"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

#36 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(18yochickfightingacne4toolong @ May 28 2005, 08:47 PM)
have you considered other possible reasons? have you changed anything else to your regimen?? have you been doing or eating anything different from usual. How about hormones acting up???

It could be the jojoba...I guess not everyone's skin can handle it. Do find it typical for your skin not to tolerate some products??

View Post

There could of course be other reasons. I didn't however change my eating habits, my make-up, etc. Maybe I was applying too much of it on my skin. I don't really know. Like I said, I love jojoba oil. I don't want to stop using it especially since I've noticed a differnce in dryness in my skin

#37 M_D

M_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

I've been using jojoba oil for 1 week now, applying it 2x daily with a generous dose. I have not had any clogged pores/acne that can be attributed to the jojoba oil. In fact, the clogged pores that I had around my nose are starting to disappear slowly.

#38 M_D

M_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I have been using jojoba relatively consistently (i.e. at least 1x daily, if not 2x). I also tend to use quite a generous amount. Overall, I haven't noticed a dramatic effect at all. I've broken out a few times as well, but I don't know if that can be attributed to the oil. I'll update again next week.

#39 tiredofzits

tiredofzits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(M_D @ Jun 9 2005, 10:06 AM)
Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I have been using jojoba relatively consistently (i.e. at least 1x daily, if not 2x). I also tend to use quite a generous amount. Overall, I haven't noticed a dramatic effect at all. I've broken out a few times as well, but I don't know if that can be attributed to the oil. I'll update again next week.

View Post

I love this product but I stopped using it for a while to see if it was causing my breakouts and my breakout stopped. Once I started applying it again, I suddenly got pimples there. I don't know if that was coincidence or if it's the oil. I've decided to stop again and see. I miss it though b/c is really helped with my dryness

#40 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

I think jojoba oil is amazing. I'm not using it as a pure organic oil, its just one of the main ingredients in the moisturizer I keep stealing from my mom. My skin had got so dry from products like BP and exfoliation, but mostly the sun, and this stuff is awesome. I have like 2 zits on my face, and the chances of it being from this is unlikely.
Jojoba is the answer for dry skin. Love it!
..but definitely no good for oily skin days.
"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"