Photo

Length of time

candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 vaporjourney

vaporjourney

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:55 PM

For the past 3 weeks or so, I've completely eliminated dairy (other than 2 or 3 slipups on the weekend), refined sugars, and significantly reduced my carb intake thru pasta and breads. I've still been getting carbs thru eating tons of fruits and a few veggies, but I"m sure this isn't really a problem. I've been noticing that my face doesn't really look all that much better than it did when I didnt watch over my diet so much. If anything, I think my new simplified regimen of washing with Purpose soap, and toning with a vinegar/epsom salt mix helped more than diet. I've read of people's faces clearing up 90% after a week, and that definitely didn't happen for me. Now I'm aware that everyone's body will react differently to a change in diet, but I'm wondering if I haven't waited long enough to truly see effects. I told myself that I would give it a month and see how things went, but a month has come by and I'm very unsatisfied with the results. Granted, i don't have bad acne at all really, just a mild/moderate case, but the spots I've had for weeks just won't heal, and I keep getting really small red zits around my mouth.

So after all of that rambling, how long did it take for diet to show a significant decrease in the amount of acne on your face? If I don't see much change in the next week, I may just go back to my old diet, and just limit sugars as I know they are a trigger for me, and write off the rest of the avoidance of foods as being a waste of my time.

Another big concern I have is that I may need to do a parasite/liver cleanse before the alteration of my diet will really have an effect on my face. I read one person say this before in another thread, and I would like to hear more thoughts on this topic. I was on antibiotics nearly constantly for approx. 5-6 years, and I'm a very slow healer, leading me to believe I have some sort of liver or candida issue to treat. Thanks for all of the help, and this forum is really helping to open my eyes to all of the possibilities and health connections out there related to acne.

#2 americancrewmc

americancrewmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:06 PM

It can take up to 6 wks. You are releasing your entire body from toxins. It is going to take a while to notice the effects. Look into natural detox.

Have you tried acidophilus therapy? It will replace the natural microflora of the stomach, which will compete for the environmental resources, slowly elimintating the pathogenic bacteria.

#3 LeetLeetLoo

LeetLeetLoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

HANG in there! I have been on a simlar diet to yours for 3.5 weeks and this morning, I got a zit on my neck. However, it is the 1st one I have gotten in weeks. No new zits within the last 10 days. I have never tried anything like this before but I think we need to stick with it. It's not going to happen over night. I would definitely look into inner body cleansing. Also, increase exercise if you can... and POUND water. I drink at least 3 liters per day. Focus on stress reduction. This is key.

#4 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

It can take up to 8-10 weeks for some people to just see results. Just look how long treatments like accutane takes. Just be patient, do not get discouraged. I am on my fourth week, and I wanted to go on accutane just to hurt my body because I think it is being stupid lol. But I do not have nearly bad enough acne for accutane, and plus the side effects did me in the first time around. My face is clearing up thought. Use a MILD cleanser with fresh lemon juice.

RULES TO LIVE BY

Boxers are cool until things dangle. Sometimes that is the best part.

Orange toe nails are for black ladies.

Snorting prozac to get high is not wise.

Triple inverse and long exchange traded funds deviate to zero with volatility.

Conversations you have with friends are never funny to others. Keep them to yourself.

Retelling movie clips that are "funny" ruins them. You look like an ass.

Soy vanilla decaf venti lattes are 4.65 at Starbucks and 5 dollars at Barnes and Noble.

#5 GoWithTheFlow

GoWithTheFlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

I stayed strictly on the diet for 1.5 months and saw no change in my acne. I gave up. I desperately wish I could control my acne with diet, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

#6 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(GoWithTheFlow @ Apr 14 2005, 09:24 PM)
I stayed strictly on the diet for 1.5 months and saw no change in my acne.  I gave up.  I desperately wish I could control my acne with diet, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

View Post

First, you say that you were stricly on the diet for 1.5 months and saw NO change? For research sake, will you please tell us

A. How bad was your acne when you started diet
B. What was your diet - I would like it, if you have the time, to give us a sample menu - that would be kind of you.
C. Did you EVER cheat (be honest in what you ate please so this can help others) even the smallest say dairy, bread, sugar, soda, fry, nuts in oils, healthy corn chip, etc....

Vaporjourney:

You too must get on probiotics.

It DOES take some time, but if you still see a zit or two that doesn't mean it didn't work - it works IF you are at all seeing improvement. How do you know it isn't the diet, instead of the new face routine?

These slipups on the weekend could be a problem. Clean up your diet entirely as one slip up on the weekend could mean zits during the week - it isn't worth it. Especially for a few months to give this an honest shot. Just don't eat or drink the culprits. People SOOOO often say, I tried it and it didn't work - when in fact, they didn't try it or half way tried it because they didn't have enough willpower to say NO to these ubiquitous foods we are trying to get out of our lives.

My son had a set back about a month in - I think he OD'd on sardines and kippers or something and broke out and we were all doing the "diet doesn't work thing". But he jumped back on and it has been right at 3 months and he is better all the time. Maybe there is too much fruit in your diet? Especially if you are candida prone. I would focus on lots of lean proteins, and lots and lots of vegetables. Not just raw, but heaps of steamed broccoli, squash, bok choy, salads with olive oil and vinegar.

Please keep us posted. We want you to get this right. Remember, it is the weekend. NO cheating. wink.gif

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#7 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:25 AM

HANG IN THERE vaporjourney! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

it took my skin approximately 2 months to totally clear. the first 4-5 weeks i saw little to no change in my skin. you are detoxing and your liver, bowels, etc. are slowly ridding itself of toxins.. and this will continue to show in your skin for a few weeks.
you are still new to this and very much in the learning phase. for example, when i first changed my diet, i knew butter was considered dairy, but didn't think it was REALLY that major of a component. after about 4 weeks in, i decided to switch to a non-dairy butter, and it made a big difference!
i think the best advice is don't beat yourself up for cheating, and decide to give up. you're changing a major life long habit and this takes inordinate amounts of dedication and willpower! hang in there awhile longer and i'm positive you'll begin to see results.
i think you most definitely need to begin a probiotic asap, to help you along as well. i'm taking a acidolpholous/bifidus combination.
i made the commitment to myself that i would try my diet NO LESS than 3 months.. and this proved to be wise (it's been 3 months for me last monday). over the past month my skin has improved the most. and i feel so much better energy wise, and with regard to mental clarity.
so give it more time and summon up some more patience - it'll well be worth it, i promise!

#8 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(xheatherleighx @ Apr 15 2005, 08:25 AM)
HANG IN THERE vaporjourney!  DO NOT GIVE UP!!! 

it took my skin approximately 2 months to totally clear.  the first 4-5 weeks i saw little to no change in my skin.  you are detoxing and your liver, bowels, etc. are slowly ridding itself of toxins.. and this will continue to show in your skin for a few weeks.
you are still new to this and very much in the learning phase.  for example, when i first changed my diet, i knew butter was considered dairy, but didn't think it was REALLY that major of a component.  after about 4 weeks in, i decided to switch to a non-dairy butter, and it made a big difference!
i think the best advice is don't beat yourself up for cheating, and decide to give up.  you're changing a major life long habit and this takes inordinate amounts of dedication and willpower! hang in there awhile longer and i'm positive you'll begin to see results. 
i think you most definitely need to begin a probiotic asap, to help you along as well.  i'm taking a acidolpholous/bifidus combination. 
i made the commitment to myself that i would try my diet NO LESS than 3 months.. and this proved to be wise (it's been 3 months for me last monday).  over the  past month my skin has improved the most.  and i feel so much better energy wise, and with regard to mental clarity.
so give it more time and summon up some more patience - it'll well be worth it, i promise!

View Post

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Great advice!

Correct, don't beat yourself up when it comes to slip ups, that's true, but believe in yourself enough to say NO to those temptations. You can do it I am sure. eusa_dance.gif
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#9 GoWithTheFlow

GoWithTheFlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Apr 15 2005, 08:01 AM)
A.  How bad was your acne when you started diet
B.  What was your diet - I would like it, if you have the time, to give us a sample menu - that would be kind of you.
C. Did you EVER cheat (be honest in what you ate please so this can help others) even the smallest say dairy, bread, sugar, soda, fry, nuts in oils, healthy corn chip, etc....

MinnyMouse:

a. My acne was moderate. I break out most on my face and back, but sometimes also on my chest, upper arms, etc.

b. I basically ate the Perricone diet. I only ate vegetables (no corn, peas, carrots), fruit (no bananas), meat, some brown rice, raw sunflower seeds, raw almonds, eggs and once in awhile some beans. Meals basically consisted of some steamed vegetables, and some baked or poached meat or fish. For example, salmon or chicken with kale or swiss chard or green beans or broccoli.

c. No. The first time I tried this diet, I cheated, but this last time, I really didn't. I used butter occasionally, and I ate a small amount of some hard cheese (like parmesan) because it was on the "ok" list in Perricone's book. But overall, I was very diligent and strict with the diet. I believe that if this diet were going to clear my acne, I would have seen as least SOME improvement over those 6 weeks. I can understand achieving, say, a 50% clearing and then knowing that I had to eliminate butter or something else, but the fact that I saw NO change means to me that this particular diet is not going to control my skin. I'm frustrated, because I'm unwilling to take any kind of systemic acne treatment (antibiotics, spiro, etc.), and so I really wanted to be able to do this with diet.

#10 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(GoWithTheFlow @ Apr 15 2005, 08:54 AM)
MinnyMouse:

a. My acne was moderate.  I break out most on my face and back, but sometimes also on my chest, upper arms, etc.

b. I basically ate the Perricone diet.  I only ate vegetables (no corn, peas, carrots), fruit (no bananas), meat, some brown rice, raw sunflower seeds, raw almonds, eggs and once in awhile some beans.  Meals basically consisted of some steamed vegetables, and some baked or poached meat or fish.  For example, salmon or chicken with kale or swiss chard or green beans or broccoli.

c.  No.  The first time I tried this diet, I cheated, but this last time, I really didn't.  I used butter occasionally, and I ate a small amount of some hard cheese (like parmesan) because it was on the "ok" list in Perricone's book.  But overall, I was very diligent and strict with the diet.  I believe that if this diet were going to clear my acne, I would have seen as least SOME improvement over those 6 weeks.  I can understand achieving, say, a 50% clearing and then knowing that I had to eliminate butter or something else, but the fact that I saw NO change means to me that this particular diet is not going to control my skin.  I'm frustrated, because I'm unwilling to take any kind of systemic acne treatment (antibiotics, spiro, etc.), and so I really wanted to be able to do this with diet.

View Post

I agree you should have seen some results, but.....

I read the Perricone book and was dismayed that he had parmesan cheese and even a recipe with Monterrey Jack! I didn't go for it.

Butter seriously breaks out my son and me a little for that matter. Some people can not eat beans - I forget who told me that adzuki beans broke them out bad. I think SweetJade could maybe help us out here or any others who have cleared by diet willing to chime in? I do think NO butter or cheese or beans, and what types of meat? My son ate a steak and couldn't handle it, but fish, no problem. He also can only eat egg whites, as for HIM the yolks are too much fat. He broke out when we added whole eggs back and we took them out and he's back on track. Same thing with sardines, he just can't handle fat - even though they are good fats. He can only eat SMALL amounts of seeds - no nuts either. Pretty strange though that he can have the Food For Life Breads, but again, they have no fats or very little from the natural grains and seeds.

Help us out others who have cleared on diet please! eusa_think.gif

Mark Twain

#11 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

freeacnebook has a samepl diet. ALmost guranteed to clear you in two weeks. Absolutely NO cheating though, which is tough, because the diet is so limited (besides the fruits).

I got pretty clear a few months ago while on that. I was only on it strictly for 9 days though.

No dedication to dietary change, i guess lol.gif

#12 GoWithTheFlow

GoWithTheFlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Apr 15 2005, 09:04 AM)
  I think SweetJade could maybe help us out here or any others who have cleared by diet willing to chime in?  I do think NO butter or cheese or beans, and what types of meat?  My son ate a steak and couldn't handle it, but fish, no problem.  He also can only eat egg whites, as for HIM the yolks are too much fat.  He broke out when we added whole eggs back and we took them out and he's back on track.  Same thing with sardines, he just can't handle fat - even though they are good fats.  He can only eat SMALL amounts of seeds  -  no nuts either.  Pretty strange though that he can have the Food For Life Breads, but again, they have no fats or very little from the natural grains and seeds.

First of all, I want to say that I fully believe that something is "wrong" with my body. I can break out anywhere - thighs, butt, back, chest, neck, face, arms. I have clogged pores all over. There is something not right in my body. This isn't normal.

However, I also cannot continue eliminating and eliminating foods until I have nothing of substance left to eat. I have to function in my daily life, and I cannot eat a diet that leaves me without enough energy to do what I have to. I am 100% willing to eat a restricted diet, but it has to be realistic - I need to be able to eat some protein and some substantive foods like meat/eggs/nuts.

Like I said, I'm dismayed that I had NO results from the diet. Something is wrong with my body, but I don't know what. Perhaps it's something that I cannot control.

Has anyone seen dramatic improvement through diet or should I expect "well I guess it might possibly have made a little difference" type of results?

#13 rush02

rush02

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:36 PM

I saw impressive results when I eliminated dairy and starting pounding back the water all day long....i also limit my junk food and TRY not to drink with meals as i have heard it can cause breakouts. When I went away to an all inclusive resort last week my skin was awful and I believe it was the constant supply of alcohal and substancially less water intake. If you hate water, try squeezing lemon into it, it's delicious. I am getting back on track with my diet now but I have some brutal scarring on my back from the abuse my skin took. So keep in mind: water and no diary is what works well for me.

#14 americancrewmc

americancrewmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(GoWithTheFlow @ Apr 15 2005, 12:36 PM)
First of all, I want to say that I fully believe that something is "wrong" with my body.  I can break out anywhere - thighs, butt, back, chest, neck, face, arms.  I have clogged pores all over.  There is something not right in my body.  This isn't normal.

However, I also cannot continue eliminating and eliminating foods until I have nothing of substance left to eat.  I have to function in my daily life, and I cannot eat a diet that leaves me without enough energy to do what I have to.  I am 100% willing to eat a restricted diet, but it has to be realistic - I need to be able to eat some protein and some substantive foods like meat/eggs/nuts.

Like I said, I'm dismayed that I had NO results from the diet.  Something is wrong with my body, but I don't know what.  Perhaps it's something that I cannot control.

Has anyone seen dramatic improvement through diet or should I expect "well I guess it might possibly have made a little difference" type of results?

View Post

Minus the read meat.

#15 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(GoWithTheFlow @ Apr 15 2005, 05:36 PM)

View Post

sigh. yes, i and others have clearly seen and stated the DRAMATIC improvement found through our diets. if you take some time to read throughout this forum you will see several testimonies.
you admitted that you were only on your diet for 1.5 months, and that you cheated here and there. given those circumstances, i wouldn't have seen dramatic improvement either. as i stated above, it's a very slow process for some.
i don't starve on my diet. i eat plenty to sustain myself and i require a LOT of energy to get through my day. again, read more threads within this forum and see where brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, whole oats, lean chicken breast, lean turkey, salmon, etc. are all encouraged and recommended. along with every single vegetable on the planet, and several fruits. nobody said you can't eat meat, eggs or nuts!! red meat, eggs and nuts are mentioned to eat with caution as some people have problems with them.
i suffered from what i'd consider moderate/cystic acne. i also broke out on my back. at any given time i would have 3/4 large painful cysts along my jawline, several spots on my back and anywhere from 5-10 other smaller pimples on my face along with several blackheads everywhere. all that is now eliminated. i'll occasionally have a small spot or two here and there, that heals very quickly.
i would suggest you wait until you're mentally ready to adhere to the recommendations for 8-10 weeks minimum. at that point you'll begin to see enough improvement to keep you on the crusade, i'm sure. best of luck to you!

#16 GoWithTheFlow

GoWithTheFlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(xheatherleighx @ Apr 15 2005, 09:52 PM)
sigh.  yes, i and others have clearly seen and stated the DRAMATIC improvement found through our diets.  if you take some time to read throughout this forum you
irecommendations for 8-10 weeks minimum.  at that point you'll begin to see enough improvement to keep you on the crusade, i'm sure.  best of luck to you!

View Post

Please don't chastise me. It feels bad. I have read tons of posts by SweetJade, Maya, and others here, at the old AbsoluteAcne forums, and at Healthboards. I know that you guys get sick of people questioning what you say about the diet/acne connection... but that's not what I'm doing. I believe you when you say that changing your diet has helped you and I'm only trying to make sense of why it hasn't helped me, and whether it can or not.

I am, and was, mentally prepared to make the committment. I'm not a teenager - I'm an adult, and this is something that I had and have the self-discipline to do properly. I didn't cheat on the diet except for occasional butter and occasional parmesan cheese (because I read that apparently hard cheeses are ok). I keep reading that results should start to be seen in a week or two, so I really expected to see at least the beginnings of improvement after 6 weeks, but I didn't - and I cheated so minorly and so rarely that I don't think it should have been an issue.

The restrictive diet that I was talking about (no meat, etc.) was the "freeacnebook" diet that someone referred me to, that seems to basically include cucumbers, raw eggs and avocado. I can't function on a diet like that.

Thanks for your advice, and I've gotten back on the horse and am trying the diet again. I will stick it out for longer this time.

#17 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

Good Luck non the less, whatever path you take to getting clear.

The most important thing I got out of the freeacnebook diet is stablizing your blood sugar levels is #1 priority.

One bite of Good Fats, for every 2 bites of Sugar.

One bite of Avocado, for every 2 bites of an apple.

The same philsophy can be applied to almost everything you eat.

if you eat some chocolate cake, eat some sticks of butter. eusa_doh.gif lol.gif You get the picture.

#18 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

GoWithTheFlow,
Maybe you react to something that most people don't have a problem with, so hasn't really been discussed? I have no idea what that might be, but it might be something to consider. Sweetjade says almonds break her out.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#19 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(GoWithTheFlow @ Apr 15 2005, 10:37 PM)
Please don't chastise me.  It feels bad.  I have read tons of posts by SweetJade, Maya, and others here, at the old AbsoluteAcne forums, and at Healthboards.  I know that you guys get sick of people questioning what you say about the diet/acne connection... but that's not what I'm doing.  I believe you when you say that changing your diet has helped you and I'm only trying to make sense of why it hasn't helped me, and whether it can or not.

I am, and was, mentally prepared to make the committment.  I'm not a teenager - I'm an adult, and this is something that I had and have the self-discipline to do properly.  I didn't cheat on the diet except for occasional butter and occasional parmesan cheese (because I read that apparently hard cheeses are ok).  I keep reading that results should start to be seen in a week or two, so I really expected to see at least the beginnings of improvement after 6 weeks, but I didn't - and I cheated so minorly and so rarely that I don't think it should have been an issue.

The restrictive diet that I was talking about (no meat, etc.) was the "freeacnebook" diet that someone referred me to, that seems to basically include cucumbers, raw eggs and avocado.  I can't function on a diet like that.

Thanks for your advice, and I've gotten back on the horse and am trying the diet again.  I will stick it out for longer this time.

View Post

I think you should read some more of Sweet Jade's latest posts. I am as perplexed as you are, but at least a month with NO cheeses (Perricone = wacko.gif ) and minimum fats - I know so many say that avocados, olive oil and nuts are great fats and that is true, but many have a hard time digesting fats. My son is a prime example. He eats very very little fat now. So, I would get the diet down to

lots of fruits - vegetables and lean proteins and maybe brown rice or quinoa (my son has no trouble with those grains - or whole oats)

Once you are on that a while without other things then maybe add back other food items slowly - like one at a time and give it a week or more maybe to see how you do.

That is just a suggestion - start with what you know are the least likely culprits and stick with that and see what happens.

Keep us posted and we DO all want this to work. That is why we are here.

razz.gif

Mark Twain

#20 vaporjourney

vaporjourney

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

I'm pleased with the amount of replies that this thread has gotten, and all of the words of encouragement...here are some more details on what i'm doing:

Breakfast: Full bowl of oatmeal with half-spoonfull of brown sugar (i'm sure I need to eliminate the sugar, but just adding strawberries or almonds doesnt add enough flavor to me...) OR 4-5 scrambled eggs (yolk and whites)
Snack1: Apple
Lunch: Turkey, Lettuce, Mustard sandwich on Whole Wheat bread. (I'm worried about the bread here, but I cant afford Gluten-free bread, and I need SOMETHING filling for lunch..)
Snack2: Handful of almonds/pumpkin seeds (i'm also suspicious of the nuts, and I've read so many conflicting reports on nuts that I'm not sure what to think)
Dinner: Grilled chicken or Fish, Brown rice or sweet potato, beans, water (probably my best meal)
Nightly snack: Banana/Strawberry smoothie, apple, lightly-salted almonds

Ok, there is what I've been following through most of the week. But once again this weekend, i slipped up, got sick of eating the same foods all of the time, and had spaghetti with meatballs and italian bread friday night, and then pizza for lunch sat/sun. Surely my face will look worse the middle of this upcoming week, but we shall see. My main problem is that I just dont' know enough foods that are ok to eat. I know it's encouraged to eat more veggies, but I'm not really a fan of many. I tried to eat carrots and celery, both of which I enjoy, but can't stand eating them alone. If someone can suggest something to dip veggies in to add flavor, please add the idea here. I have read so many conflicting opinions on the forum that I'm really confused on which route to take when eliminating certain things from my diet. I remember first reading that you shoudl only eat whole wheats when looking at bread, but now most people seem to say to completely avoid wheat flour and glutten products, which really limits my lunch possibilities. I have been eating eggs the past few mornings for breakfast as well, and my face has gotten worse, so I'm beginning to think that eggs are bad for my face. But then again I've read elsewhere that egg yolks have really helped clear people up. Once again, I'm confused on what to do , and trying to decide what it is that is causing my face to flare up again. My primary suspects in my diet are the bread, nuts, eggs, and i suppose possibly bananas. It really gets confusing knowing that my face has nearly completely cleared up with a worse diet in the past, which could have been really heavy in bananas and bread, along with much worse foods for my body.

I appreciate the probiotic tip as well. I have done absolutely no research on this before, and now it's something i need to begin looking in to. If someone could make a quick suggestion here on what to take, that would be great. I'll still research in another topic, but I"m sure I will read tons of conflicting ideas yet again pertaining to that topic. Another thing I"m thinking about doing is starting to take a multivitamin. I'm not so sure that this will really affect my acne at all, but I feel I need it for general health purposes, especially since I don't eat so many veggies. Thanks again guys.