Photo

How Long Do You Think It Takes For Zit To Form?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#41 wnddrrwmnn

wnddrrwmnn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(QuikSILver @ Apr 22 2005, 05:24 AM)
really??how do you know this...who told you? Im curious...im not being sarcastic and note that i am open minded....
If you read my post correctly...youll notice that at the end i wrote something that i think you missed...

Well, how on earth could you clue on your own body?!??! I just told you that it begins forming a week before it even appears...Sometimes, your body can decieve you. People tend to make rash generalizations. Like, for example, "hmm this pimple appeared in 1 hour", "i checked earlier and there was nothing there", "It must have been the eggs i ate yesterday(Or i didnt gel my hair yesterday...real case with my cousin!!)"....Well, medicine doesnt really work like that...Dont get me wrong but he/she might be right...but not necessarily. You cant just go with common sense...If so then why do doctors take 6 years to go to medical school...How do you know that acne.com isnt true in ALL cases?

The bottom question is "How could you be an expert on your own body, when you can easily be deceived and 100 % sure that your pimple formed in an hour?"

View Post

Hon, I'm not doubting that most form within a week or two. I did not refute that. However, some can be due to just hormonal imbalances. Your skin happens to be very sensitive to all things around it and within it. Take a rash, it takes but moments of contact to get a rash if your skin is so sensitive to something. As well as what you eat. I am on a very specific diet as I have other medical issues that are of more importance that just the acne. So I had narrowed my diet down to a plain brown rice and beans diet, nothing more, nothing less. Did that for over a month. No trigger foods, no creams or lotions, no pollutants etc, I have gone completely organic as well. I slowly added in things to see how my body tolerated them and my problem (ovarian cysts) cropped up again when I added in certian phytoestrogens that countered the medication I am on. Other things influence hormones as well as just food. Smells, toxins, the pull of the moon(why do most women ovulate around the same time?hmm?)etc. Anyway, back to acne. When I added those foods, I broke out within hours. Not the blackheads or whiteheads, but huge cysts.

A little TMI...if I forget to take even just one of my high dose birth control continuously without stopping, not only the acne starts comming back at a furious rate, but I can feel my ovulation starting(which in my case is bad). And by the end of the day I start bleeding(have endometriosis as well).

Let's just say, I know my body. Everyone's body is different, which is why they respond to different medications differently. Everyone's toxicity is different. Don't you think they would have an actual cure if they knew the reasons to everyone's acne? For me it's extra phytoestrogens...no coffee, beer, sunflower seeds, camomille tea, oregano, caffine, as well as certian oils. It's almost like an allergic reaction. If people were to listen to their body, then they could provide the doctors with more information(one that listens at least) and they could together come up with a solution that works. Amazing how my gyn was able to help with the acne problem, but the three derms did not.

I look and feel much better and the acne is down to a small roar compared to how it was on low dosage b/c pills and benzaclin and tazorac, and years of antibiotics. They even threatened me with Accutane (three doctors)...and for the most part I'm clear except when I do treat myself to some chocolate or have a new food that triggers it or come into contact with something I probally shouldn't.

Before only listening to doctors, listen to your body...that's my point. I know my body. I don't know yours or anyone elses on this board. I will not claim to have a cure all, nor will I have an answer to someone elses reasoning for getting acne, even down to the time frame of when they start. I only know me....and well, I can't but help to say, I am right about me amongst some others, I can't be alone in this. Please don't suggest you have all the knowledge because of what you read. Not everything works the way the textbooks state. And trust me sweetie, after 20 years with acne...my body is NOT decieving me.

#42 QuikSILver

QuikSILver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

lol..."sweetie"...ok now i get your point. It seems you are very experienced with this because you have been battling acne for 20 years. But, believe me, it may not be the case with other people.

#43 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(SweetJade1980 @ Apr 22 2005, 06:51 AM)

The theory that our skin is poised and read to breakout and that all we need to do is irritate it is a much better theory compared to the one where it takes 30 days or 90 days to break out.  Ask anyone on this board how long they've been 99% or 100% clear and then ask them what they need to reverse this.  From what I've heard others say and just thinking about how long it always takes to screw something up, it's almost always a very short period of time, followe unfortunately by a much longer period of time to reverse the damage (depends on what the damage is).

View Post

I agree. If I drink coffee and/or alcohol for 3-4 days straight, I'll break out. I've pretty much got if figured out that this is NOT a coincidence.

Quiksilver, you don't have to be the expert on your own body if you don't want to, but you aren't the expert on anyone else's either. I consider myself the expert on how mine responds (acne or otherwise) to aspirin to marijuana to coffee. Who else would know better than me?!
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#44 wnddrrwmnn

wnddrrwmnn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:29 PM

If you do read the FULL article this will also be noted:

There is no one simple "cause" of acne — the condition is influenced by many factors, many which are out of your control. The regularity with which you shed skin cells can change throughout your life. The rate at which you produce sebum is affected by your hormone balance, which is often in flux — especially for women. Research has also shown that genetics play a big part in the development and persistence of acne, so your family history is a valuable prediction tool as well.

One of the best weapons in the fight against acne, however, is knowledge; if you know what causes it, it's easier to formulate a good plan of attack. There are five primary culprits contributing to this process. Each of these factors may vary dramatically between individuals. While you don't have control over these factors, understanding them can help you in your search for the proper treatment.

Acne culprit #1: Hormones. For the majority of acne sufferers, the trouble begins at puberty, when the body begins to produce hormones called androgens. These hormones cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge, which is a natural part of the body's development. In acne sufferers, however, the sebaceous glands are overstimulated by androgens, sometimes well into adulthood. Androgens are also responsible for acne flare-ups associated with the menstrual cycle and, on occasion, pregnancy.

Acne culprit #2: Extra sebum. When the sebaceous gland is stimulated by androgens, it produces extra sebum. In its journey up the follicle toward the surface, the sebum mixes with common skin bacteria and dead skin cells that have been shed from the lining of the follicle. While this process is normal, the presence of extra sebum in the follicle increases the chances of clogging — and acne.

Acne culprit #3: Follicle fallout. Normally, dead cells within the follicle shed gradually and are expelled onto the skin’s surface. But in patients with overactive sebaceous glands — and in nearly everyone during puberty — these cells are shed more rapidly. Mixed with a surplus of sebum, the dead skin cells form a plug in the follicle, preventing the skin from finishing its natural process of renewal.

Acne culprit #4: Bacteria. The bacterium Propionibacterium acnes, (P. acnes for short) is a regular resident of all skin types; it’s part of the skin’s natural sebum maintenance system. Once a follicle is plugged, however, P. acnes bacteria multiply rapidly, creating the chemical reaction we know as inflammation in the follicle and surrounding skin.

Acne culprit #5: Inflammation. When your body encounters unwanted bacteria, it sends an army of white blood cells to attack the intruders. This process is called chemotaxis; or, simply put, the inflammatory response. This is what causes pimples to become red, swollen and painful. The inflammatory response is different for everyone, but studies have shown that it is especially strong in adult women.

#45 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

I firmly believe its 5-7 days like i SAID SO!

#46 Kat

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:48 AM

Great thread

Hmmmm I don't know I think it varies according to the type of pimple

Uninflamed whiteheads can pop up within a couple of hours for me
Sometimes I have eaten really greasy fish n chips and unavoidably transferred oil to the areas around my mouth and literally within a couple of hours up popped a whitehead or two. Also last week I went for a walk with makeup on (pathetic isn't it cry.gif) it was quite warm so I got a bit sweaty and by the end of my 45min walk two pimples had popped up in the crease between my bottom lip and chin. But I find that I can pop these straight away and the next day they are gone without a trace no red mark nothing

BUT I also have those horrible ones that you can feel forming under your skin and then a week later they form a bump and then a few days after that they finally come to a head

And then there are cysts I don't even want to think about them

so anything from and hour to a month for me
Morning
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Gel (SA 2%)
Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser (Lotion)

Night
Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths - Normal to Dry
Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte Skin Resurfacing Cream

Spot treat with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dettol Soothing Antiseptic Cream 2-3x a week

#47 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:37 PM

what is the connection between nuts, especially peanuts and almonds, and acne?

would going off of these for a week [ along with everything else ] be a way of proof ?? has anyone tried this and seen results, and then gone back on and eaten almonds and broken out???

#48 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

what exactly are Fructose Based sweeteners???

what exactly are glucose based sweeteners???

does this include "brown rice sweetener" ??

#49 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

sorry, forgot to ask about "brazil nuts" ARE they safe???

#50 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(eric_in_va @ Apr 23 2005, 10:37 PM)
what is the connection between nuts, especially peanuts and almonds, and acne?
would going off of these for a week [ along with everything else ] be a way of proof ?? has anyone tried this and seen results, and then gone back on and eaten almonds and broken out???

View Post

i'm in the midst of this experiment now, because i'm curious to see if i have a problem with nuts. i'm approximately 95% clear, but am suspicious that the almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts i was eating daily may attribute to the last 5%.

i have to eliminate food items for two weeks though, to feel certain - and i'm only on day 4. and just because i or someone else has problems with nuts - doesn't mean YOU will! i think it's very important to experiment yourself. nuts are an awesome source of nutrition to have to stay away from so i'm really hoping they're not a problem for me!!

#51 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

looking back at my food journal i think that peanuts have definitely caused alot of my problems....

i was looking more for a 1-2 day response from foods, but looking at 5-7 days and I think i figured it out...

5-6 days after peanut butter [ even organic ] and I would get painful jawline / neck acne [ cysts ]

ALSO i am concerned that the genus prunus things like almonds / prunes / apricots / peaches HAVE triggered cysts AS WELL !

arg........ this is so hard [ my diet is now even stricter but I hope it works ]

now:: gluten free / dairy free / no eggs / potatoes / no bananas / peaches / almonds / peanuts / soy / sugar......

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??? [ should i try no legumes and "night shades" ??? ]
--> this may be too much but i am willing to do it.

#52 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(eric_in_va @ Apr 24 2005, 09:59 PM)
looking back at my food journal i think that peanuts have definitely caused alot of my problems....
i was looking more for a 1-2 day response from foods, but looking at 5-7 days and I think i figured it out...

5-6 days after peanut butter [ even organic ] and I would get painful jawline / neck acne [ cysts ]
ALSO i am concerned that the genus prunus things like almonds / prunes / apricots / peaches HAVE triggered cysts AS WELL !

arg........  this is so hard [ my diet is now even stricter but I hope it works ]

now:: gluten free / dairy free / no eggs / potatoes / no bananas / peaches / almonds / peanuts / soy / sugar......
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??? [ should i try no legumes and "night shades" ??? ]
--> this may be too much but i am willing to do it.

View Post

Wow you are certainly bound and determined. I wouldn't eliminate Legumes and nightshades until you are very certain about the other possible culprits in your diet. Give those other culprits a few more weeks trial and see if avoidance clears you up.

Also, regarding the nuts or legumes you feel may be suspect, sometimes people have trouble digesting them unripened or sprouted. In which case you may want to try soaking them for several minutes or hours until they sprout. I've never done this, other have and so it may help you out.

As for questions on the sweeteners, my perspective is:

Glucose Based
Glucose/Dextrose
Table Sugar/ Sucrose
Beet Sugar / Sucrose
(Organic) Evaporated Cane Sugar/Syrup/Juice (Rapadura or Sucanat)
Brown Sugar (Muscovado)
Molasses

Fructose Based - (usually higher than 50% fructose)
Fructose/Levulose
Corn Syrup
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Agave Nectar
100% Fruit Juice w/no fiber
Fruit Sugar
Fruit Concentrate
Fruitrim
Fruitsource
"All Natural Sugar"
Honey
http://www.diabetesl...nage/swtnrs.htm

Misc. -
Date Sugar - metabolizes slower and has added fiber
Brown Rice Syrup - fermented, metabolizes slower
http://curezone.com/...s/sugarpage.asp

Alternatives
Stevia

Xylitol http://www.acne.org/...13

Tagatose / Naturalose / Gaio - new natural sweetener to replace splenda (sucralose) due to a shortage (???) and just like splenda, a notification may not appear on front labels. More positive benefits than Xylitol, only it metabolizes like Fructose, but without the negative effects except for the increase in uric acid. Consumption of fruit, meat, legumes, & certain vegetables will also do this so some amount of uric acid is normal, but you can offset this by mixing with one of the above alternate sweeteners. http://www.gaio-tagatose.com/ http://everythingatk...pic.php?p=88272 http://www.jhu.edu/~...2web/sweet.html
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#53 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

Wow that is confusing, but are you saying that the date sugar and brown rice syrup are SAFE? [ ie - the stuff they put in the "PACIFIC FOODS" milk alternatives ]

the question is: what do you use for baking, sweetening drinks....

would you use 100% pure maple syrup or honey?

What do you USE for a milk alternative - like on rice / corn ceral???
[ since almond milk is out ]

is this getting too far off topic!?

and yes, i very determined to get clear, because since friday I have 8-10 new spots on my neck/jawline....very painful and frustrating..... I got some of them injected, but the doctor missed a couple of the biggest ones [ gofigure.... ]

thanks for your help!

#54 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:29 PM

Has anyone gotten a food intolerance test done?

http://www.yorkaller...com/panels.html

It is $380 but tests 113 foods, would this find which foods are causing breakouts?

#55 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(eric_in_va @ Apr 25 2005, 12:29 PM)
Has anyone gotten a food intolerance test done?
http://www.yorkaller...com/panels.html
It is $380 but tests 113 foods, would this find which foods are causing breakouts?

View Post

If you aren't already avoiding those foods it will. If you are avoiding certain foods, then those shouldn't come up as being a problem for you as you don't have the antibodies in your blood stream anymore.

As for the sweeteners I honestly don't use them. I don't tolerate most sweeteners. If I want something candy like I go for Xylitol Gum or Mints or I'll eat some dried fruit. It's very rare when I crave lemonade or tea and when I do, I add some xylitol to it, otherwise all I drink is water.

As for brown rice syrup or dates sugar or molasses, I do not know. These are sweeteners that I've never eaten 100% by themselves, as they've always been mixed with other sugars that do give me problems, so I can't tell you. It sounds promising and I know some people do not breakout from brown rice syrup, but I don't know if I'm one of those people. It's something I'll play around with one day if I can ever find an organic dark chocolate bar sweetened with only that (and doesn't have anything else I'm avoiding), but until then perhaps you can play around with them individually and let us know. ;-)

Best of luck!
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#56 eric_in_va

eric_in_va

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

Has anyone had a problem with:

Brocolli / cauliflower ??? [ they are both in the same genus - cabbage ]

OR

Legumes \ Lentiles ???

:::: Using the 5-7 day formation principle has helped me unlock the key to my food jounral and so far the culprits are:

beans [ varies ] OR peanuts OR almonds / associated fruits

#57 americancrewmc

americancrewmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

To show. 2-3 Days. To form, depends on the amt. of oil production to each individual. However, I would say One week for formation and 2 days to show.

However, under extreme stress, a "pimple" can appear within an hour. Bt, that simply means that the pimple was under the skin, but the sudden increase in stress caused the pimple to appear quicker than it would have.

#58 QuikSILver

QuikSILver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(wnddrrwmnn @ Apr 22 2005, 05:29 PM)
If you do read the FULL article this will also be noted: 
There is no one simple "cause" of acne — the condition is influenced by many factors, many which are out of your control. The regularity with which you shed skin cells can change throughout your life. The rate at which you produce sebum is affected by your hormone balance, which is often in flux — especially for women. Research has also shown that genetics play a big part in the development and persistence of acne, so your family history is a valuable prediction tool as well.
One of the best weapons in the fight against acne, however, is knowledge; if you know what causes it, it's easier to formulate a good plan of attack. There are five primary culprits contributing to this process. Each of these factors may vary dramatically between individuals. While you don't have control over these factors, understanding them can help you in your search for the proper treatment.
Acne culprit #1: Hormones. For the majority of acne sufferers, the trouble begins at puberty, when the body begins to produce hormones called androgens. These hormones cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge, which is a natural part of the body's development. In acne sufferers, however, the sebaceous glands are overstimulated by androgens, sometimes well into adulthood. Androgens are also responsible for acne flare-ups associated with the menstrual cycle and, on occasion, pregnancy.
Acne culprit #2: Extra sebum. When the sebaceous gland is stimulated by androgens, it produces extra sebum. In its journey up the follicle toward the surface, the sebum mixes with common skin bacteria and dead skin cells that have been shed from the lining of the follicle. While this process is normal, the presence of extra sebum in the follicle increases the chances of clogging — and acne.
Acne culprit #3: Follicle fallout. Normally, dead cells within the follicle shed gradually and are expelled onto the skin’s surface. But in patients with overactive sebaceous glands — and in nearly everyone during puberty — these cells are shed more rapidly. Mixed with a surplus of sebum, the dead skin cells form a plug in the follicle, preventing the skin from finishing its natural process of renewal.
Acne culprit #4: Bacteria. The bacterium Propionibacterium acnes, (P. acnes for short) is a regular resident of all skin types; it’s part of the skin’s natural sebum maintenance system. Once a follicle is plugged, however, P. acnes bacteria multiply rapidly, creating the chemical reaction we know as inflammation in the follicle and surrounding skin.
Acne culprit #5: Inflammation. When your body encounters unwanted bacteria, it sends an army of white blood cells to attack the intruders. This process is called chemotaxis; or, simply put, the inflammatory response. This is what causes pimples to become red, swollen and painful. The inflammatory response is different for everyone, but studies have shown that it is especially strong in adult women.

View Post

I read that part...Yes I understand. Many people dont do research. It is the combination of knowing your body and research that will help you out. Believe me I have heard sooo many rash generalizations. This is mainly due to absolutely no knowledge about how acne works! Do you agree with me now? smile.gif

#59 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(QuikSILver @ Apr 27 2005, 12:23 PM)
I read that part...Yes I understand. Many people dont do research. It is the combination of knowing your body and research that will help you out. Believe me I have heard sooo many rash generalizations. This is mainly due to absolutely no knowledge about how acne works! Do you agree with me now? smile.gif

View Post

To everyone answering - thanks for answering, but......

I don't want research. I don't want web sites. I just want to know what YOUR personal experience is. That is all. I can do the research myself, but sometimes it is wrong. This way, everyone can chime in and say well, for me, I ate that pizza and a week later boom. Or, I ate that fudge sundae and a day later boom. Just curious as to everyday folk's observations.

Thanks so much

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#60 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Apr 27 2005, 10:45 AM)
To everyone answering - thanks for answering, but......

I don't want research.  I don't want web sites.  I just want to know what YOUR personal experience is.  That is all.  I can do the research myself, but sometimes it is wrong.  This way, everyone can chime in and say well, for me, I ate that pizza and a week later boom.  Or, I ate that fudge sundae and a day later boom.  Just curious as to everyday folk's observations.
Thanks so much

View Post

Well, I hadn't had one zit in about 6 weeks and last weekend I went down to Seattle to help my boyfriend take care of his mom after surgery = stress. I ate petty much how I normally do except for a few too many cashews on Friday; woke up on Saturday with 3 zits. And then I ate some apple crisp that my mom made (sugar) and woke up on Sunday with another zit. It seems to happen whenever I go down there, and I think it might be a combination of stress (parents=stress!) and cheating a little on diet. Also I think at this point, I almost EXPECT to break out when I go visit and that probably contributes too. But anyway, unless it was coincidence, it took less than 24 hrs. for me to get those zits.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.