(maybe I read through too fast but I cant' find the post you mentioned minnymouse)
As for me I get different types of acne, in different places, and based on the different foods I eat.Â However I don't keep a food diary, so some of these I'm not 100% certain about.
Cystic or Nodular Acne
- appears within 5 - 7 days of eating something that would give me this type
Small Pimples, Pustules, Whiteheads or "sugar pimples"
- appears 2-3 days of eating something that would give me this type
(wheat, barley, rye, possibly oats) - 95% of my acne problem (facial and body), probably gives me all types of acne except for maybe nodular but I don't know.Â All I know is that I saw that much improvement when I dropped itÂ ;-).Â One of the threads I made discussed whether the LARGE improvement may have been due to me inadvertently eliminating the Refined grains, Trans Fats, Dairy, and Added Sugars, especially Fructose Based ones when I avoided Gluten.Â In which case, that would make sense to see such a huge improvement.
Genus Prunus of Rose Family
- Almonds, Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, Apricots, Cherries - very stubborn nodular/cystic acne that lasts for 2 - 4 weeks!
Glucose Based Sweeteners
- Pimples, Sugar Pimples (last 2 - 3 days from onset), and possibly very tiny little stubborn pimples on my neck(last a few weeks or get inflamed & turn into cysts).
Fructose Based Sweeteners
- Cystic or Nodular acne that usually lasts 2 - 4 weeks. I also get double or triple infections (3 zits around or on top of each other) and possibly very tiny little stubborn pimples on my neck (last a few weeks or get inflamed & turn into cysts).
- pimples, cysts and may
give me double or triple infections.
Cooked Whole Eggs
- ????? I don't usually eat these very often, but I have been eating these past 2 weeks, Egglands Best.
- ????Â (had some of this recently but had been avoiding because others said it gave them cysts)
- I know it messes with my pores, but others say it gives them cystic acne so, I must pay attention to see if it does this to me.Â As for my pores, if I eat enough trans fats it takes at least 2 weeks to shrink them back down to being nearly invisible.
Â (not 100% certain about all these)
Ear Lobe Acne
- primarily tiny nodules that sit in my earlobes (can't see them but feel them) for several months - 1 year
before slooooooowly disappearing. These first appeared a year into my diet and at that point I had been off of the Avandia, but was still on Spironolactone, so this was a NEW type of acne
for me.Â Initially I thought it was due to me eating dairy as they ALWAYS developed when I had Gluten Free Refined Cereal, but I'm not eating dairy anymore or the Cereal, so it must be something else.Â Right now I've got them in both earlobs, so I'm guessing maybe it's due to eating added sugar (since I added table sugar to the cereal), scrambled whole eggs (which I've done several times in the past 2 weeks) or due to eating roasted sunflower seeds (past 2 months w/ different brands thus different oils).Â Must experiment further.
- very tiny persistant acne that just hangs out around my lip until I manually extract them.Â This has been going on for a few years now and when I breakout, I'l get anywhere from 1 - 3 of these, but can't recall what triggers it though (already tested toothpastes).Â Although my guess is that it's related to candida as I never had them until I went on Minocyclne a few years back (only for 3 months) so it must be an indicator of when I'm getting too much natural sugar or maybe that I got some added sugar in my diet.
(under area where head & neck meet) - This is also another NEW form of acne for me that didn't start developing until over a year ago.Â This is very much so based on foods that I eat, and the ones that give it me are Almonds, and their associated fruits.Â Other nuts may also do this to me, but I'm not certain.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup and other added sugars that are based on fructose.
Upper Body Acne
- Everything I eat can cause a breakout on my body, but usually I breakout on my face or other areas before I will on my chest & back if I do something I shouldn't.Â I do recall clearing up more so once I eliminated almonds and other nuts on my back though (those stubborn cysts went away).
Lower Body Acne
- Again this is a NEW type of acne and it occurs primarily on my lower arms, sometimes bum, and rarely on the legs.Â I believe this is also due to me stilll having Candida (according to the spit test) and it only happens when I do "something".Â Again that something may be too much added sugar or natural sugar, as it's very sporadic, but it does seem to pop up when I consume too much table sugar.
Under Arm Acne
- Cystic acne that was something that used to happen to me quite frequently until I guess I changed my deodorant or went on Spironolactone 6 years ago.Â However the last time I had one of these breakouts was when I had changed my diet and was messing around eating bananas and I brokeout under my arms.Â I stopped eating the bananas and I haven't had one since.
Forehead & Chin Acne
- due to eating nuts & fructose sweeteners
- I breakout elsehwere on my face like my eyebrows, cheeks, sides of face, but those areas are harder to pinpoint.Â I think it's just due to added sugars because sometimes they are sugar pimples, and fructose because sometimes they are cysts and whatever else.
- no acne here, but my pore size and the hairs that grow from them are affected by Trans Fat Consumption.Â I rarely got blackheads and so when I started seeing them more often AFTER changing my diet I wondered what I was doing.Â Well I was eating more trans fats than before because I was eating microwavable butter popcorn, packaged foods (that were thought to be safe), etc.Â Once I stopped, the pores shrank considerably and those new hairs started to fall out or existing hairs would sometimes thin out.
Obviously, there's still somethings I need to figure out as I'm only 99% clear, which is a HUGE amazing improvement.Â That 1% could be due to anything, including possibly just the candida I've still got in my system.Â Of course, I think it's great that I'm able to pinpoint what certain foods to do me, but anyone thinking about these diets would be better off creating a food dairy as sometimes it can be confusing.Â After all, documenting your changes & observations is the scientific way
Thank you very much for this post. I have been GORGING on nuts - esp almonds. I have "neckne" - acne on my neck. Overall, since I stopped eating sugar, my acne has greatly improved. Other things that are helping are at least 3 liters of water per day and meditation / stress reduction. I have wondered about the nuts. I'm going to drop them for a week and see what happens. There are so many foods to avoid... it's getting hard to find things I CAN eat. Guacamole and hummus are my latest snacks. I put them on organic, salt-free rice cakes. They fill me up. Thanks again for sharing your foods that cause you acne list.