Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minnym0use

How Long Do You Think It Takes For Zit To Form?

65 posts in this topic

looking back at my food journal i think that peanuts have definitely caused alot of my problems....

i was looking more for a 1-2 day response from foods, but looking at 5-7 days and I think i figured it out...

5-6 days after peanut butter [ even organic ] and I would get painful jawline / neck acne [ cysts ]

ALSO i am concerned that the genus prunus things like almonds / prunes / apricots / peaches HAVE triggered cysts AS WELL !

arg........ this is so hard [ my diet is now even stricter but I hope it works ]

now:: gluten free / dairy free / no eggs / potatoes / no bananas / peaches / almonds / peanuts / soy / sugar......

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??? [ should i try no legumes and "night shades" ??? ]

--> this may be too much but i am willing to do it.

looking back at my food journal i think that peanuts have definitely caused alot of my problems....

i was looking more for a 1-2 day response from foods, but looking at 5-7 days and I think i figured it out...

5-6 days after peanut butter [ even organic ] and I would get painful jawline / neck acne [ cysts ]

ALSO i am concerned that the genus prunus things like almonds / prunes / apricots / peaches HAVE triggered cysts AS WELL !

arg........  this is so hard [ my diet is now even stricter but I hope it works ]

now:: gluten free / dairy free / no eggs / potatoes / no bananas / peaches / almonds / peanuts / soy / sugar......

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??? [ should i try no legumes and "night shades" ??? ]

--> this may be too much but i am willing to do it.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Wow that is confusing, but are you saying that the date sugar and brown rice syrup are SAFE? [ ie - the stuff they put in the "PACIFIC FOODS" milk alternatives ]

the question is: what do you use for baking, sweetening drinks....

would you use 100% pure maple syrup or honey?

What do you USE for a milk alternative - like on rice / corn ceral???

[ since almond milk is out ]

is this getting too far off topic!?

and yes, i very determined to get clear, because since friday I have 8-10 new spots on my neck/jawline....very painful and frustrating..... I got some of them injected, but the doctor missed a couple of the biggest ones [ gofigure.... ]

thanks for your help!

Has anyone gotten a food intolerance test done?

http://www.yorkallergyusa.com/panels.html

It is $380 but tests 113 foods, would this find which foods are causing breakouts?

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Has anyone had a problem with:

Brocolli / cauliflower ??? [ they are both in the same genus - cabbage ]

OR

Legumes \ Lentiles ???

:::: Using the 5-7 day formation principle has helped me unlock the key to my food jounral and so far the culprits are:

beans [ varies ] OR peanuts OR almonds / associated fruits

To show. 2-3 Days. To form, depends on the amt. of oil production to each individual. However, I would say One week for formation and 2 days to show.

However, under extreme stress, a "pimple" can appear within an hour. Bt, that simply means that the pimple was under the skin, but the sudden increase in stress caused the pimple to appear quicker than it would have.

If you do read the FULL article this will also be noted: 

There is no one simple "cause" of acne  the condition is influenced by many factors, many which are out of your control. The regularity with which you shed skin cells can change throughout your life. The rate at which you produce sebum is affected by your hormone balance, which is often in flux  especially for women. Research has also shown that genetics play a big part in the development and persistence of acne, so your family history is a valuable prediction tool as well.

One of the best weapons in the fight against acne, however, is knowledge; if you know what causes it, it's easier to formulate a good plan of attack. There are five primary culprits contributing to this process. Each of these factors may vary dramatically between individuals. While you don't have control over these factors, understanding them can help you in your search for the proper treatment.

Acne culprit #1: Hormones. For the majority of acne sufferers, the trouble begins at puberty, when the body begins to produce hormones called androgens. These hormones cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge, which is a natural part of the body's development. In acne sufferers, however, the sebaceous glands are overstimulated by androgens, sometimes well into adulthood. Androgens are also responsible for acne flare-ups associated with the menstrual cycle and, on occasion, pregnancy.

Acne culprit #2: Extra sebum. When the sebaceous gland is stimulated by androgens, it produces extra sebum. In its journey up the follicle toward the surface, the sebum mixes with common skin bacteria and dead skin cells that have been shed from the lining of the follicle. While this process is normal, the presence of extra sebum in the follicle increases the chances of clogging  and acne.

Acne culprit #3: Follicle fallout. Normally, dead cells within the follicle shed gradually and are expelled onto the skin’s surface. But in patients with overactive sebaceous glands  and in nearly everyone during puberty  these cells are shed more rapidly. Mixed with a surplus of sebum, the dead skin cells form a plug in the follicle, preventing the skin from finishing its natural process of renewal.

Acne culprit #4: Bacteria. The bacterium Propionibacterium acnes, (P. acnes for short) is a regular resident of all skin types; it’s part of the skin’s natural sebum maintenance system. Once a follicle is plugged, however, P. acnes bacteria multiply rapidly, creating the chemical reaction we know as inflammation in the follicle and surrounding skin.

Acne culprit #5: Inflammation. When your body encounters unwanted bacteria, it sends an army of white blood cells to attack the intruders. This process is called chemotaxis; or, simply put, the inflammatory response. This is what causes pimples to become red, swollen and painful. The inflammatory response is different for everyone, but studies have shown that it is especially strong in adult women.

I read that part...Yes I understand. Many people dont do research. It is the combination of knowing your body and research that will help you out. Believe me I have heard sooo many rash generalizations. This is mainly due to absolutely no knowledge about how acne works! Do you agree with me now? smile.gif

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

To everyone answering - thanks for answering, but......

I don't want research.  I don't want web sites.  I just want to know what YOUR personal experience is.  That is all.  I can do the research myself, but sometimes it is wrong.  This way, everyone can chime in and say well, for me, I ate that pizza and a week later boom.  Or, I ate that fudge sundae and a day later boom.  Just curious as to everyday folk's observations.

Thanks so much

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

I read that part...Yes I understand. Many people dont do research. It is the combination of knowing your body and research that will help you out. Believe me I have heard sooo many rash generalizations. This is mainly due to absolutely no knowledge about how acne works! Do you agree with me now? smile.gif

Well, All i can say is good luck to you. I am 17 and I have found that a mixture of Dan's plus delna's(it is in the red marks forum!) regimen have worked for me. I am 100% clear!

good luck wnddrrwmnn

well i reckon i get the begining of a spot forms from 12-48 hours after ive eaten something or after i have put something on my skin which it doesnt like.

Surely when your body digests food it takes 12-36 hours from consuming it, so i think it will show on your skin in a similar amount of time.

I dont believe that a spot will not come out for 3 weeks even though its there but you just cant see it.

Also i believe that depending on the food it can be quicker. For instance booze will show on my face in 12 hours but consuming bread etc will take 48 hours to show because my body digests it slower.

These are just my theorys, not fact.