Photo

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

red mark makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1572 replies to this topic

#41 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:55 PM

I have to say that the vinegar is really great!!!

I have applied it day and night (before my other topicals) and it seems to be helping with pigmentation. skin tone and texture. I really am quite surprised how nicely it's working.

Also, I read on a website that you can put a cup of cider vinegar into a bath to help you have soft skin - I did that last night. I had some ezcema patches on my arms - they virtually dissapeared overnight!

I'm not totally sure whether it's the lemon juice drink or the vinegar that's doing this, but I had a monor breakout on one of my cheeks and that has cleared up really well after a few days on this regimen.

#42 Rive

Rive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 04:25 AM

Vinegar it is, then. Thanks for telling all of us about this method, Maya. I'm sure it'll do wonders to help the skin. :P

Rive

#43 sven

sven

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 04:51 AM

This really sounds good, im definately giving it a go. thankyou!
sven

#44 yo

yo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:08 AM

Hey, yeah, thanks Maya, for the tip!
I have been using the vinegar day and night for about 4 days now, just using it straight, not diluted... and I do see an improvement. My skin is softer than usual and feels tighter. And, this is NOT my imagination, but my red/dark marks on my skin are looking lighter... and believe me, I would notice ANY difference!

#45 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:19 AM

Yo - great stuff!! Amazing how some old fashioned remedy works.

Sven and Rive - dp update after a while, it would be great to see how it works for everyone.

I have no idea if it will help fill in my indents, but the skin softness and tone is a great bonus for me.

By the way, cider vinegar is definately less stinky than the malt!

#46 FrankY

FrankY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:52 AM

Hmmm......

Okay guys I have used this method (sorta) before to get my acne under control and it worked, also I noticed my skin tone/scars/etc.... looked a LOT better. Only thing is I was using Lemon Juice instead of vinegar.

So... the past 3 days or so I have tried this method with white and apple cider vinegar both reduced to 5% acidity (says it on bottle, so basically I didnt dilute it) And it didnt seem to have the toning/stinging etc. propertied that the lemon juice did. It actually kinda made my face feel like it was secreting sticky oil... So my question is should I go back to using lemon juice or try yet another vinegar? and Is there any reason that vinegar would be better for your skin and work better? As I understant it they are both natural AHA's... ohh haha and 1 more question :P

I use a 30% glycolic peel every week - would I be safe in just not using the vinegar/lemon method on the day of my peel or should I not the day after also?

Thanks so much guys ...

#47 dodgy skin

dodgy skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:19 AM

sorry if this has already been asked, but after dabbing with vinegar, am i supposed to rinse my face after or does it work in the same manner as a toner ? thanks !

#48 yo

yo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:33 AM

dodgy skin- I don't know what Maya does but I dab it on and leave it for about 10-15 minutes before using topical treatment and moisturiser, I don't rinse it off.

franky- I use Malt vinegar that we use in cooking or to put on chips here in England. Not sure if that's the best vinegar to use or not but it HAS made a difference to my skin and my skin is not oily.

MAYA! :( yeah that Malt does stink.. you should have seen my husband the other night going round the house wondering why he could smell dinner :P

#49 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:45 AM

FrankY - I'm doing peels and the vinegar - doesn't seem to make my skin irritated. I think that the vinegar is less irritating that lemon on the face - also, lemon bleaches.

dodgy skin - I first splash my face with warm water, then I dab on the vinegar on top of that... and I leave it on (in the morning, I do this and then shower after an hour/at night I leave it on all night).

Yo - my kids keep asking me if I have been eating chips LOL!! :P

#50 dodgy skin

dodgy skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:25 AM

haha, i got myself a bottle of crosse and blackweel sarson's venegar, malt.
and i just has the best chips ever with this vinegar on it and now, it's going on my face. hahaha, oh dear wonderful life, you are full of tricks.

here's hoping that vinegar is all that tasty on the face and more.

#51 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:34 AM

Hey dodgy skin - that's the same brand I originally bought too!! But I prefer the cider vinegar now, doesn't stink so much. :(

You know, it's been around a week and my skin tone is pretty amazing - it really refines pores. I was just looking at my skin in daylight and I can definately see improvements in all pores - also, all marks have faded immensely. My shallower scars are definately more shallow. :P

Hard to say if it will work on my deep pits, but even if it doesn't, it's definately good for fine lines and wrinkles. This is a keeper.

#52 dodgy skin

dodgy skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:46 AM

you are so encouraging Maya, i hope my best friend Vinegar sorts out my hyperpigmentation.

this vinegar smells like dirty old socks !!!!!!!!

focus on the end result, focus on the end result.

#53 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:51 AM

Yeah - it's the result you want!! I am extremely impressed with it's treatment of hyperpigmentation, give it a week, and you will see a big difference. Hey, maybe we should get a part time job in a chippy and then we'll have a good excuse of the smell.

#54 jamie10

jamie10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 12:25 PM

Let me get this straight....

Are you washing strictly with water and vinegar (morning & evening), no soap whatsoever? After you wash with it do you just leave your skin throughout the day/sleep time as is .

Is there any negative effects of this vinegar treatment... any whatsover? Could these results be temporary and once treatment stops back comes the bad skin?

#55 dodgy skin

dodgy skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 12:28 PM

woohoo, i have vinegar on my face, and am waiting for the Champions League QF to start, after which my face becomes less edible.

weird, it only stings slightly and only in my hyperpigmentated parts. magical vinegar, cheers to you.

#56 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 12:50 PM

Jamie - I first wash with a foaming cleanser (since I am female and wear makeup - so I need to wash all makeup off first) then, when my face is still a little wet, I put a few drops of vinegar in my hands and splash it over my face, rubbing it in. Results are permanant and it kid of works as a very efficient exfoliator - if it's good enough to eat, it's good enough to put on your face...... and you can leave it on all the time. Just try it, it's great.

Vinegar!!! - I love you!

#57 heymikey

heymikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 01:02 PM

What kind of vinegar do you guys use? How long should you put it in your face before you rinse it? Can I use it before I put on a tretinoin cream (such as Retin-A, etc.)?

#58 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 01:27 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic) - and I put my retin-a on around 20 minutes after this.

#59 catlover2003

catlover2003

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 02:29 PM

I did some surfing on the internet and the vinegar is a natural 7% AHA and lemons provide Vitamin C which as we know is very helpful for collagen.(I think one lemon provides about 30 mg --anyone know for sure? ). Maya, do you know if she was taking a Vitamin C supplement each day while drinking the lemon juice? That would be worth knowing I think. Sounds like it can work for shallow scarring.

#60 Rive

Rive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2003 - 02:58 PM

Maya - you put straight vinegar on your face, or do you dilute? If you do dilute it, by how much, approximately, please.

Thanks a bunch, :P
Rive