Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

1,574 posts in this topic

Anyone that knows? I'd like to start drinking lemon juice asap :P

I'm currently reading/skimming through this whole thread. I'm on page 38 o.o

I have a question though, sorry if its been asked before, but is there a 100% acidity ACV? I just got my bottle of ACV in the mail and it says "full strength 5% acidity". I order this cuz it raw/organize w/ mother, I kinda assumed it would also be 100% if theres such a thing. Does 5% mean that it's already been distilled? or should I still do 1:3 when I use it? I'm planning on starting tonight...

edit:

well...i just got done reading this whole thing. Seems most the original people posted all the way up til like page 60ish, which is pretty much this whole post almost, then things just died down with new people posting everyone in a while =/ and towards the end, 2 people said the scar fix was temporary. What a let down... Still, if this works for red marks, thatd be great, and I just received my ACV....

Hmm I'm new to this website, but I've been looking for natural scar treatments online over the past 3 months, and this looks like it might work. I'm only 17, and my acne is starting to go away but ive noticed rolling scars on my right cheek, red marks on both cheeks, and some ice pick scars as well. Problem is, I'm too young to try laser surgery because I'm not through puberty yet and my acne is not fully under control. I might as well give it a shot though :)

Okay. I just tried applying the Apple Cider Vinegar to my face. I diluted it a little (maybe 3 parts ACV 1 part water) because my skin isn't very sensitive. Although it didn't sting that much, all of my scars became more obvious - Is this supposed to happen?

Okay after my first week of using ACV on my face, i am beginning to show positive results. After the first couple days, I broke out but it quickly cleared up and I haven't broken out since. The smell is terrible but it is worth it ;) I am not drinking lemon water because I wear braces and it would ruin my teeth. :(

so can someone confirm that we can use this with the regimen?

after cleaning, before applying anything else right?

can we add in lemon afterwards (applying to face)? just a little ... ?

Thanks for the tip!

I came here looking to research scar treatments. This is something I will try! Since I already use vinegar for almost everything from food to cleaning. It's amazing how wonderful such a simple household item can be. My husband and I both have sensitive skin, our neighbor suggested adding a half cup of vinegar *white* to the rinse cycle of our clothes. It apparently helps remove more of the detergent residues. It did help. we were not itchy/scratchy, and his rashes dissipated dramatically. (Yes, we already used one of the gentlest fragrance free soaps on the market). Our clothes came out nice and soft, and did not stink of vinegar!

I read through the topic up until about page ten. Some are concerned about tooth enamel. You can always eat a slice of lemon instead, and then right after drink the water without the juice (it will rinse out your mouth, get the acids off your teeth). Always wait at least 20 minutes after eating something acidic/sugary and brushing your teeth so you don't strip them even faster. (soda, and sweet hot beverages are the WORST for teeth. never continually sip something that causes enamel wear! My husbands dental bills are a testament to this.)

I personally wouldn't use bottled lemon juice, bottled fruit juices have been pasteurized, and I'd wonder if that process would "kill off" something in the lemon that gives the benefit. Does anyone know for sure?

Anyway, I'll be off to get some lemon's (yellow, heavy side, thin skin) and try out apple cider vinegar. I'll try the vinegar out on a test patch first. Hopefully I'll be back with a positive update.

(I'm so sorry if this topic is too old to post on. I had found it through the FAQ summary topic.)

I just found this thread and I've already drank a full glass of lemon water while reading it...and my face now smells like a foot thanks to the Cider Vinegar... I hope it works! :lol: I'm glad I'm home alone right now....my face smells like a stinky sock.

Does anyone have any idea how long after having a TCA cross one can go back to using the vinegar method?Since i've just got my first TCA CROSS treatment one week ago i'm wondering if it's ok to do this

method right away for my shallow rolling scars.

Does anyone have any idea how long after having a TCA cross one can go back to using the vinegar method?Since i've just got my first TCA CROSS treatment one week ago i'm wondering if it's ok to do this

method right away for my shallow rolling scars.

oh ur like my twin! when i did tca crosses ages back i was using vinegar too. i'd give it at least a month mate - or prepare for some severe stinging.

you arent using the cross for the rolling scars are you? its really designed only for ice picks and narrow boxcar scars.

Umm, does this work on indented scars? I really don't feel like going back and reading this whole page, lol. So to anyone that has read it or tried it?? I would imagine that it just works like an acid peel.. and give the same results as one as well.

sorry lily, it doesnt : (

would this at least help with red marks and acne?

i'm currently using acv diluted and it seems to somewhat help a bit, although i only currently used it for about a week.

would the 8 cups/glasses of water with fresh lemons help as well with red marks and also acne?

anyone happen to know?

for ppl who have drank lemon + water together and actually squeezed fresh lemons, do you need to drink it with a straw or can it be drank regularly like you drink everything else? Is it bad for your enamel/teeth... should a straw be needed?

good questions mate. i've read both vinegar and lemon are bad for your enamel and using a staw could work a treat - just as long as you put it towards the back of your tougue - so it doesnt get onto any of them while you're drinking.

So I started trying water with AVC the other day but I noticed it make me stink like vingear. Its especially bad if I'm at the gym and sweating a bit. I can still smell it a little even after showering with soap. Did anyone else have the same experience?

I only have one brown scar right above my lipline from a cold sore or a pimple I had a long time ago. I want to find a way to get rid of it or fade it, if it was anywhere else it wouldnt be a big deal at all but I want to get ride of this one. I have been applying lemon juice directly to the brown mark, I just started this within the past week because I heard it works as a natural lightener, would this vinegar method work for an older scar?

I've tried most this stuff. You know what works the best for me? Uncoated Asprin tabs + honey.

I crush way more than most people. Like 15! haha... and mix it with honey. [Crushed the tabs using a chef roller]. It does a lot for soothing your skin, whitening all the red marks in days.

whole face:

15 tabs

about an inch line of honey

few drops of water

make it a nice consistency.

Everyone does it for like 10 minutes

I do it for like 2 hours each time!

This helps a lot for me; for everything, stops new acne, takes away red marks, soothes face, exfoliates.

My ex is a nurse she said why it works well but I wasn't really listening to her cuz all I know is that it works for me.

Cheers

How does this method work with non-inflamed acne? (I only have few mildly inflamed pimples.) Will it break me out?

And should I still moisturize?

Although the earth is made of dirt, I have seen the most beautiful flowers blossom from it's soil.

How should I use the lemons? Should I squeeze the all of the lemon and collect the juice in a container and use it whenever I need it? Or should I use like a lemon a day?

is it regular white vinegar, or like apple cider? plus, does it help with hyperpgmentation?

I've tried most this stuff. You know what works the best for me? Uncoated Asprin tabs + honey.

I crush way more than most people. Like 15! haha... and mix it with honey. [Crushed the tabs using a chef roller]. It does a lot for soothing your skin, whitening all the red marks in days.

whole face:

15 tabs

about an inch line of honey

few drops of water

make it a nice consistency.

Everyone does it for like 10 minutes

I do it for like 2 hours each time!

This helps a lot for me; for everything, stops new acne, takes away red marks, soothes face, exfoliates.

My ex is a nurse she said why it works well but I wasn't really listening to her cuz all I know is that it works for me.

Cheers

do you scrub this on your face OR leave it alone and wash off? sounds interesting, tho. thx for the advice.

Does the vinegar dry out your skin or cause more breakouts in any way??? I get a drying sensation post vinegar application.

To be extra careful you can just drink your lemon water through a straw.

Drinking through a straw is a plus for the teeth, but it's rough on the skin. (Some of us here are 30+ in age and need to be more cognizant about stretching the skin.)

P.I.