Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

1,574 posts in this topic

Hey dodgy skin - that's the same brand I originally bought too!! But I prefer the cider vinegar now, doesn't stink so much. :(

You know, it's been around a week and my skin tone is pretty amazing - it really refines pores. I was just looking at my skin in daylight and I can definately see improvements in all pores - also, all marks have faded immensely. My shallower scars are definately more shallow. :P

Hard to say if it will work on my deep pits, but even if it doesn't, it's definately good for fine lines and wrinkles. This is a keeper.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

you are so encouraging Maya, i hope my best friend Vinegar sorts out my hyperpigmentation.

this vinegar smells like dirty old socks !!!!!!!!

focus on the end result, focus on the end result.

Yeah - it's the result you want!! I am extremely impressed with it's treatment of hyperpigmentation, give it a week, and you will see a big difference. Hey, maybe we should get a part time job in a chippy and then we'll have a good excuse of the smell.

Let me get this straight....

Are you washing strictly with water and vinegar (morning & evening), no soap whatsoever? After you wash with it do you just leave your skin throughout the day/sleep time as is .

Is there any negative effects of this vinegar treatment... any whatsover? Could these results be temporary and once treatment stops back comes the bad skin?

woohoo, i have vinegar on my face, and am waiting for the Champions League QF to start, after which my face becomes less edible.

weird, it only stings slightly and only in my hyperpigmentated parts. magical vinegar, cheers to you.

Jamie - I first wash with a foaming cleanser (since I am female and wear makeup - so I need to wash all makeup off first) then, when my face is still a little wet, I put a few drops of vinegar in my hands and splash it over my face, rubbing it in. Results are permanant and it kid of works as a very efficient exfoliator - if it's good enough to eat, it's good enough to put on your face...... and you can leave it on all the time. Just try it, it's great.

Vinegar!!! - I love you!

What kind of vinegar do you guys use? How long should you put it in your face before you rinse it? Can I use it before I put on a tretinoin cream (such as Retin-A, etc.)?

Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic) - and I put my retin-a on around 20 minutes after this.

I did some surfing on the internet and the vinegar is a natural 7% AHA and lemons provide Vitamin C which as we know is very helpful for collagen.(I think one lemon provides about 30 mg --anyone know for sure? ). Maya, do you know if she was taking a Vitamin C supplement each day while drinking the lemon juice? That would be worth knowing I think. Sounds like it can work for shallow scarring.

Maya - you put straight vinegar on your face, or do you dilute? If you do dilute it, by how much, approximately, please.

Thanks a bunch, :P

Rive

In my previous post I asked if she took Vit C supplements. Since then I went and looked at your first post about her again and now see that you wrote that she didn't take supplements. Of course you had already realised to ask her that when first talking to her about all this! :P

Rive - I wash my face and then when it is still slightly damp, I apply it Neat/Straight onto my skin and leave it to dry there. But you can dilute if you want to.

Catlover - hehe - she takes no supplements or uses any topicals at all :P That's why I was in such shock at her improvements. Her rolling scars were very, very bad - enormous amounts of hyperpigmentation too - now, her face is almost smooth and hardly any marks. With the lemon, it is only around half a lemon a day, that wouldn't be much in terms of the Vit C (I already took 4 grams of the stuff every day, making no noticeable difference) - I think the very diluted lemon helps to keep flushing toxins out of the body. Using too much lemon would detox the body too much and that might cause a flare up.

Maya so it is only half a lemon for 8 to 9 glasses of lemon water daily?? i though it was half a lemon per glass of water...? I'm confused did that girl who had the improvement tell u exactly how many lemons she took a day?

thanks

hi maya, in many places lemon is lime and lime is lemon, so which one do you use, the green one or the yellow one? also, what color is your vinegar? ive got some brownish cane alcohol vinegar or something like that and do you think drinking lemonade (with sugar and stuff) would be just as good as half a lemon in a glass or something like that?

Lemons are yellow. :P

I am also trying this and I think I might be seeing minor improvements, but it might be the N-Lite too -- hard to tell what's working now since I have tried so many things of late.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

wow wow wow, people people people!

smelly vinegar people with a side order of cod and mushy pies!

we started off wid the following (quote): -

"

1. Drink either lemon barley water or water with a little lemon juice all day long

2. To use any diluted vinegar in warm water to splash onto the face day and night.

"

and ended up wid (not quote): -

i jus chuck the vinegar bottle on me face mornin and night!

lol

Maya didnt u say it was a old remedy book, so dont u think we should all including u stick to the original sun scripts (remedy)! (retorical question)

:P

listen i gona give u my knowlegde on the remedy the original remedy!

MY INSITE -

OK! (CAPITAL LETTERS NOT ANGRY)

LEMON - VIT C HELP WID SKIN.

CITRUS ACID HELPS INTERNALLY!

BARLEY - USED TO TREAT SORE THOATS > THEREFORE SHOULD HAVE SOME KIND OF POSITIVE AFFECT ON ACNE!

BY THE WAY BARLEY IS A TYPE OF WHEAT GRAIN. i BELIEVE U CAN BUY IT IN SUPERMARKETS IN THE FORM OF FLOUR (NOT SURE) OR AS SOME SORT OF CRUSH FORM!

VINEGAR - NOT SURE BUT ACIDIC AND GREAT WID ME CHIPS!

ANALYSE - ACIDS BURN HOLES IN SKIN IN STRONG FORM SO I PERSUME MILD ACIDS HAVE SOME KIND OF MILDER AFFECT,

REMOVING DEAD SKIN FROM THE SURFACE THERFORE BRING THE SKIN DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF THE ICE PICS!

Da way i gona do it!

1. water with added lemon and barley (flour or wat ever i can find) - drink through out of the day 8 glasses minimum aday!

2. put No. 2 to one side for a moment!

i dont wana walk around smellin like vinegar i cant stand the smell!but dont mind eating it!

so

return -

2. vinegar diluted in warm water after having a hot shower/bath every night!

why bath/shower u ask - well after havin a hot bath/shower the pores in ur skin open up!

At the moment i use aloe vera in the morning after a shower all over my body and add a few drops of tree oil to the aloe vera, skin soft and smooth! so il stick to that and leave the vinegar alone in the mornings!

dont wana come a vinegar holic dat early in the morning

sory bad joke!

ethonal -> vinegar

peace!

p.s. hope the insite helped and hope i aint sounding arragent!

peace.gif

i jus chuck the vinegar bottle on me face mornin and night!

lol

OK! (CAPITAL LETTERS NOT ANGRY)

VINEGAR - NOT SURE BUT ACIDIC AND GREAT WID ME CHIPS!

i dont wana walk around smellin like vinegar i cant stand the smell!but dont mind eating it!

What you wrote was sooooo funny!!! LMAO! :P

~ Tamara

This is all very entertaining. When you Brits say vinegar on your "chips", do you mean potato chips or French Fries? (oh, excuse me, i believe that we are supposed to call them "Freedom Fries" now :roll: ). Just curious because I don't think of chips when I smell vinegar- usually salad dressing or maybe Easter eggs.

For those of you who have had needling- I just had it done a week ago. Any thoughts on if it's too soon for vinegar? I figure that I shouldn't do any home peels or exfoliating yet and don't know if the vinegar might actually impede collagen growth while my skin is still healing internally. Or might it help?

They mean by "chips" what we call "french fries"/"freedom fries" whateva. :P

lynn - I would probably use diluted vinegar not straight so that your skin doesn't become too irritated. I used it after my laser surgery on the recommendation of my Dermatologist, so it should be fine to use.

~ Tamara

Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic) - and I put my retin-a on around 20 minutes after this.

Hey Maya, do you rinse the vinegar off your face before you put on retin-a? If so, how long should you leave the vinegar before you rinse it off?

P - :P Yes, HALF a TEASPOON of Lemon juice to one full glass of water. (It's around half a lemon a day with the lemons I have)

youknowyourright - LOL!! a lemon is a lemon and yellow, just like Tamara/Oursfan said!

Tamara - I am using this along with retin-a and copper peptides - and it has added more power to the treatment.

Skimz - LOL!!

lynn - I agree with Tamara - should be OK used diluted - will help with the healing. In the UK, Chips are french fries.

heymikey - I leave on the vinegar and then put on the retin-a - I don't wash off

Hey Maya or anyone who can fill me in here

Can I squeeze about half a lemon into a bottle of water instead of drinking the water by glasses?

chips and french fries!

this is an intresting consept as french fries are not the same as chip/s

and chip are not the same as chips!

u get wat i sayin!

this is y!

chips in england are similar to french fries but are not the same coz french fries are more thiner then chips!

now chips in american are called crisps in england!

but who cares they all made out of potatoes

peace in the world people!

o! p.s. freedom fries?

wat so free about fries?

do they make u free, i would say not!

dey make u fatter to the point u cant move den u a prisoner wid in ur self!

and by the way people, i didnt mean to crash ur vinegar party jus had to show u people where u been goin wid the vinegar!

might of ended up into a vinegar orgy fest!

and could of ended up wid a world shortage!

peace.gif