Photo

tiny 'under the skin bumps'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Dee.

Dee.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

I have what i think you all may be talking about. They make my skin have a rough bumpy texture. I HATE it so much:( you can feelMILLIONS of them to the touch & see them everywhere when i blow my checks out. They're also on my forehead, between my eyebrows and on my chin. Picture:
IMG_6330.JPG
Is this the type of thing you guys are talking about? Im currently on accutane & breaking out a bunch from these. Hoping for a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

#22 missdreamy

missdreamy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

I have this! I hate it. I have no other form of acne but this. I could feel it inside my skin when I wash my face Posted Image What i'm doing is apply 2% salicylic acid on it twice a day, and retin-a at night. Then occasionally exfoliate to get the them up and out of my skin. It's getting a lot worse now which I can deal with as long as they go away forever once the "purging" is over.

I have incredibly oily skin that causes this by the way. Oil clogs pores and causes this. Thank goodness they're virtually invisible. Posted Image I have the most amazing and supportive derm and she suggested to get a peel to help. I'm going it as soon as the holidays are over.

#23 y3rfd0g

y3rfd0g

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

This is a very very old thread! But since people are currently posting on this for some reason, I thought I would give advice, because I used to struggle with the same thing (sometimes still do).

Ok, those little "bumps" or "under-the-skin bumps" can either be from makeups and cosmetics. It's actually called "acne cosmetica." There's a tab on this website called "acne types" or something and it goes through acne cosmetica to acne congoblata or something like that. Anyways, certain chemicals in makeup can cause this to those whose skin doesn't like it.

Or the bumps can also be clogged pores. I used to struggle with this on my forehead...and actually everywhere. Even on my neck, chest, and back. I just thought I had clogged skin everywhere. Then, this year I began changing my routine and throwing out all the products I used. I changed to my shampoo, and kept trying different ones until I stopped breaking out on my back and scalp. Ok ONE ACNE CULPRIT DOWN. I changed the soap I use and papaya likas soap is what my skin loves. SECOND ACNE CULPRIT DOWN. Then, I kept reading about how SILICONES can create a barrier on your skin that suffocates your pores (even though they don't breathe lol). It's like placing a plastic film on your skin, and your pores just collect it with other dirt and oil- creating clogged pores and black heads. Then, if these are irritated they become pimples. Silicones are usuall listed as DIMETHICONE, and though it's said to not cause acne, I COMPLETELY disagree. So I changed moisturizers to one that is alcohol-free and silicone-free, and my skin is no longer plagued with those clogged pores or congested skin!! THIRD ACNE CULPRITE DOWN.

I no longer struggle with these horrible nasty bumps that God-forbid would turn into a giant inflamed and painful pimple. My skin is smooth and glowing for the most part, but it's not perfect. The topical I use to treat acne is Finacea gel, since I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide and breakout in cysts from salicylic acid. I also used a retin-a cream which really got rid of these bumps on my forhead without a major breakout, but the rest of my face suffered badly and purged.

Just because something says "non-comedogenic" doesn't mean it's safe or won't give you acne!!!! You need to listen to what your skin is telling you (i.e. acne and bumps) and look at actual INGREDIENTS in soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers before you use them. I hope this benefits someone!!!

!! 99% clear !!

My Morning Regimen

Wash face with luke warm water
Pat with clean towel
Moisturize with Pratima neem oil face sunscreen spf 30
Aveda mineral dual foundation with clean sponge for makeup sometimes.

My Evening Regimen

If I wore makeup, remove with Bioderma Crealine H2O and cotton pads
Rinse face with lukewarm water and papaya likas soap.
Manuka honey mask for 30-60 minutes
If Shower, wash with luke warm water and papaya soap. Aveda shampoo. No cloths or scrubs or abrasives.
Pat face with clean towel.
If skin is dry, use Pratima Essential Oil
Apply dime size amount of Finacea gel to face and neck. Alternate with Differin lotion.

Diet:

I avoid milk, wheat, caffeine, and soy. Drink lot's of water!

Medications:
Ortho Tricyclen (birth control), Finacea gel, Differin lotion.

Other:
I avoid dimethicone/silicone products, sodium lauryl sulfate, and scented moisturizers. Wash clothes, towels, sheets in hot water only. No detergent.

#24 riveragolden

riveragolden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Well I don't have any idea about this that what exactly are this..But as you saying that it is irritating than you can try some creams or remedies for this.Try at once and see whether it is working or not..

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*