Photo

tiny 'under the skin bumps'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

So i have a TON of tiny under the skin bumps, some where i had pimples before, and some at the base of some facial hairs. what exactly are these? are they dormant pimples? trapped puss? I know that if they get irritated they turn into ugly pustules on my face, so will bp gel wipe these out or be in-effective against them? thx for any replies.

#2 shannybobanny

shannybobanny

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:18 PM

i have the same things. They are bumps on my forehead, not red or anything, just bumps, ive been wondering the same thing.

#3 JessicaPM

JessicaPM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

I have those too. I started the regimen last night with 5% BP (coz I couldn't find 2.5%), so time will tell if it does anything for the bumps.

I believe it may have a effect because it's supposed to make your skin peel off a bit, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

#4 Tyler92

Tyler92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

bump!!!

And if someone who knows can answer this post, that would be wonderful. I have the absolute same problem.

I can't tell - pores, marks from old acne (and me picking), under the skin zits?!?!

Anyone who knows please respond!!!

#5 rclayton17

rclayton17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

I started using bp gel yesterday, and I put it on this morning already. It has totally made a difference. I have only mild acne, but everything is cleared up basically.

And those "bumps." Those seem to be going away as well. I'll tell you how it goes.

#6 collegestudent05

collegestudent05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

I have the same problem...been a BP user for close to 2 years, works great for regular acne (pustules, pimples, papules, cysts, etc.), but I've found that prolonged use of it always results in having SO many of those terribly frustrating little bumps. I'm still looking for a way to clear them, and would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who has an idea of how to clear them! Anyone!?!?! It seems like I'm def. not the only one w/ this problem, either....

#7 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

this thread is ancient

#8 Tara

Tara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:50 PM

They are clogged pores (milia or whiteheads). BP can work for some people or SAcid also may work. If you have a derm and aren't opposed to retinoids, you can try that. I'm trying Tazorac and BP, so far it's been 1 1/2 weeks and I can't tell if its working or not. My derm said if the Tazorac doesn't work he'll do acne surgery and open them all up to unclog them. I'd never heard of that before...doesn't sound like fun : (

#9 HP2

HP2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(Tara @ Aug 2 2005, 04:50 AM)
They are clogged pores (milia or whiteheads). BP can work for some people or SAcid also may work. If you have a derm and aren't opposed to retinoids, you can try that. I'm trying Tazorac and BP, so far it's been 1 1/2 weeks and I can't tell if its working or not. My derm said if the Tazorac doesn't work he'll do acne surgery and open them all up to unclog them. I'd never heard of that before...doesn't sound like fun : (

View Post

I have what seems like millions of 'comedones' which are blackheads and whiteheads (often the whiteheads are skin coloured but in the light they look like tiny bumps)

I have been prescribed Retin-A gel which I have been using for 3 weeks now. This has made the problem much worse, even on the skin which I have not used the gel on, and I also have a lot more large spots at the moment. eusa_wall.gif However, my dermatologist did warn me this would happen and usually ater 3 weeks improvement begins following this horrible period (haven't been out, cry all the time)

I am holding out cos I have read that it can take many more weeks for improvement to be seen and so far the pattern I am experiencing does seem to be in line with the information I have about the medicine. Has anyone else used Retin-A (0.01%) and had positive results?

#10 Tammy06

Tammy06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

Your derm is right. The retin a is pushing all the stuff uder the skin up so that your skin can clear. This is NORMAL! If you don't notice any positive results within 8-12 weeks, go back and see your derm. I was on retin a and it made me have an initial breakout too. Don't worry too much though, it should get better with time!

#11 collegestudent05

collegestudent05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

Yeh I just saw my dermatologist and he told me what I thought was "milia" (dozens of tiny, stubborn fleshy-colored bumps) is not - they are just clogged pores, waiting to erupt as whiteheads. Apparently "milia" are really hard, ball-like tiny cysts. Anyway, he put me on Differin which apparently is a retinoid very similar to Retin - A. Retin- A micro worked for me in the past for a few years, but then it stopped working altogether and I started to get nodules and cysts for the first time.

So right now I'm applying Differin at night and a thin layer of BP in the morning....hopefully this combination will get rid of those damned annoying bumps! My acne is pretty mild though...mainly just loads of those little bumps and the occasional pustule. The Regimen did a good job bringing everything under control, but I suspect the constant slathering of BP on my face night and day had the unintended effect of clogging up some of my pores, i.e. those little white bumps.

#12 Bennthere

Bennthere

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

I have these too, but they're going away! I use Neutrogena everything; face wash, toner, and spot lotion. I was on Accutane last year and it cleared everything up just fine, but i started getting these little pests that you guys have been talking about and my eyebrow raised in question. Since I started using the toner, they have been coming up to the top, and I agree with whoever said earlier that it's just the wash and toner purging the whiteheads from under the skin. So hang in there! Use toner and let them dry up.

Edited by Bennthere, 09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#13 jarrit

jarrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

In my experience:

- Toner is really bad for small bumps. It might temporarily lessen the effect or make them smaller, but they always live on.

- AHA is superior to toner for getting rid of small bumps. Seems like most of you guys have very mild acne. AHA and BP work so well for mild acne.
My Diet Log
---
Dan's regimen cured my acne about 90%
Diet cured the other 10%

#14 isakendon

isakendon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

I know that these post are very old but I just came across them in my search for answers to clearing up my skin. I have had bad acne most of my life. About 5 years ago my bad acne turned into these tiny under the skin bumps that make my skin feel alway rough and bumpy. Two years ago I got two lazer peels to fix the bumps and clear up my scars. The lazer peels weren't the magic I expected. My scars lessened but were still there and the bumps cleared up but not for long. I could have gotten a chemical peel for a lot cheeper and the results would have lasted just as long, I think. So it has been two years and I am again fighting these little bumps. I hate having rough bumpy skin and I hate looking older then I am because of them. I am considering going and getting a chemical peel and starting on obagi products to clear them up. I know the chemical peel isn't a fix it will just clear it up for a few months then they will come back but I just want to have nice skin. What did you all find that worked?

Edited by isakendon, 25 June 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#15 Baroo

Baroo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I have these, too... just little sprinkles of them on either side of my mouth. You can't really see them except in certain light, but you can feel them, and they're annoying. Yet no one seems to know how to get rid of them...

I guess I could try using AHA every day and see how that works. isakendon, maybe you should try that, too. Just make sure you use sunscreen every day after you apply. AHAs do keep your cells turning over and help you shed skin faster.

I'm wary of dermatologists... they always want to slap ointments on everything, and I'm always sensitive to it - cortisone cream and Retinol. No thanks. I need to find a derm who listens to me. I have yet to find one.

#16 neonstar

neonstar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

sounds like 'chicken skin' or keratosis pilaris.

#17 killbill33

killbill33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

I came across this thread while looking for an alternative non-prescription solution to my problem. A few years ago, during the summer, I suddenly developed these funny bumps right on my forehead at the hairline. They did not hurt like pimples, and they weren't blackheads. In fact, you wouldn't really notice them unless I was out in the sun and heat too long, and that would make them itch. My family doctor said I skin condition that could be treated with metronidazole gel, which has worked wonders when I use it regularly!

I'm not sure if this is even close to the same condition others have mentioned, but it may be worth a talk with your doctor. I was just hoping to find something that I did not need a prescription for, because these things can get expensive!

#18 VeganAbby

VeganAbby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

I've always had quite clear skin, but these little bumps come up every now and again. A few friends of mine are dermatologists and claim that these bumps are from my skin overreacting to the sun. They told me to never leave the house without sunscreen on. Normally, I wear sunscreen everyday. I hadn't for the past week and low and behold, about 20 tiny bumps recently came out on my forehead. Trust me, the sunscreen works and is much softer on your skin than some of these acne treatments. I use spf 60.

Edited by VeganAbby, 11 August 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#19 PepperMae

PepperMae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I have these little bumps as well. They don't seem to be too noticeable except in certain lights and some end up turning into something bigger. I have noticed that they are spreading though and would like to get rid of them before they cover my entire face. I'm going to try the BP regimen although I have used BP in the past. I do use sunscreen. Has anyone had any luck with AHA or anything else?

#20 emily212

emily212

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I have these bumps as well. A tip to keep them under control is to never, ever, try and pop them. It will make the skin worse and may possibly cause you to break out more. Currently, I'm using Clindoxyl and Differin, and my forehead (main problem area of bumps) has reduced dramatically. My dermatologist recommended that I use differin on top of my Clindoxyl because it would help treat these bumps faster. I suggest just try and be patient with your acne system, try and keep your facial oil down to a minimum, and stay hydrated!