Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiny 'under the skin bumps'

24 posts in this topic

So i have a TON of tiny under the skin bumps, some where i had pimples before, and some at the base of some facial hairs. what exactly are these? are they dormant pimples? trapped puss? I know that if they get irritated they turn into ugly pustules on my face, so will bp gel wipe these out or be in-effective against them? thx for any replies.

i have the same things. They are bumps on my forehead, not red or anything, just bumps, ive been wondering the same thing.

I have those too. I started the regimen last night with 5% BP (coz I couldn't find 2.5%), so time will tell if it does anything for the bumps.

I believe it may have a effect because it's supposed to make your skin peel off a bit, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

bump!!!

And if someone who knows can answer this post, that would be wonderful. I have the absolute same problem.

I can't tell - pores, marks from old acne (and me picking), under the skin zits?!?!

Anyone who knows please respond!!!

I started using bp gel yesterday, and I put it on this morning already. It has totally made a difference. I have only mild acne, but everything is cleared up basically.

And those "bumps." Those seem to be going away as well. I'll tell you how it goes.

I have the same problem...been a BP user for close to 2 years, works great for regular acne (pustules, pimples, papules, cysts, etc.), but I've found that prolonged use of it always results in having SO many of those terribly frustrating little bumps. I'm still looking for a way to clear them, and would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who has an idea of how to clear them! Anyone!?!?! It seems like I'm def. not the only one w/ this problem, either....

this thread is ancient

They are clogged pores (milia or whiteheads). BP can work for some people or SAcid also may work. If you have a derm and aren't opposed to retinoids, you can try that. I'm trying Tazorac and BP, so far it's been 1 1/2 weeks and I can't tell if its working or not. My derm said if the Tazorac doesn't work he'll do acne surgery and open them all up to unclog them. I'd never heard of that before...doesn't sound like fun : (

They are clogged pores (milia or whiteheads). BP can work for some people or SAcid also may work. If you have a derm and aren't opposed to retinoids, you can try that. I'm trying Tazorac and BP, so far it's been 1 1/2 weeks and I can't tell if its working or not. My derm said if the Tazorac doesn't work he'll do acne surgery and open them all up to unclog them. I'd never heard of that before...doesn't sound like fun : (

Your derm is right. The retin a is pushing all the stuff uder the skin up so that your skin can clear. This is NORMAL! If you don't notice any positive results within 8-12 weeks, go back and see your derm. I was on retin a and it made me have an initial breakout too. Don't worry too much though, it should get better with time!

Yeh I just saw my dermatologist and he told me what I thought was "milia" (dozens of tiny, stubborn fleshy-colored bumps) is not - they are just clogged pores, waiting to erupt as whiteheads. Apparently "milia" are really hard, ball-like tiny cysts. Anyway, he put me on Differin which apparently is a retinoid very similar to Retin - A. Retin- A micro worked for me in the past for a few years, but then it stopped working altogether and I started to get nodules and cysts for the first time.

So right now I'm applying Differin at night and a thin layer of BP in the morning....hopefully this combination will get rid of those damned annoying bumps! My acne is pretty mild though...mainly just loads of those little bumps and the occasional pustule. The Regimen did a good job bringing everything under control, but I suspect the constant slathering of BP on my face night and day had the unintended effect of clogging up some of my pores, i.e. those little white bumps.

I have these too, but they're going away! I use Neutrogena everything; face wash, toner, and spot lotion. I was on Accutane last year and it cleared everything up just fine, but i started getting these little pests that you guys have been talking about and my eyebrow raised in question. Since I started using the toner, they have been coming up to the top, and I agree with whoever said earlier that it's just the wash and toner purging the whiteheads from under the skin. So hang in there! Use toner and let them dry up.

In my experience:

- Toner is really bad for small bumps. It might temporarily lessen the effect or make them smaller, but they always live on.

- AHA is superior to toner for getting rid of small bumps. Seems like most of you guys have very mild acne. AHA and BP work so well for mild acne.

My Diet Log

---

Dan's regimen cured my acne about 90%

Diet cured the other 10%

I know that these post are very old but I just came across them in my search for answers to clearing up my skin. I have had bad acne most of my life. About 5 years ago my bad acne turned into these tiny under the skin bumps that make my skin feel alway rough and bumpy. Two years ago I got two lazer peels to fix the bumps and clear up my scars. The lazer peels weren't the magic I expected. My scars lessened but were still there and the bumps cleared up but not for long. I could have gotten a chemical peel for a lot cheeper and the results would have lasted just as long, I think. So it has been two years and I am again fighting these little bumps. I hate having rough bumpy skin and I hate looking older then I am because of them. I am considering going and getting a chemical peel and starting on obagi products to clear them up. I know the chemical peel isn't a fix it will just clear it up for a few months then they will come back but I just want to have nice skin. What did you all find that worked?

I have these, too... just little sprinkles of them on either side of my mouth. You can't really see them except in certain light, but you can feel them, and they're annoying. Yet no one seems to know how to get rid of them...

I guess I could try using AHA every day and see how that works. isakendon, maybe you should try that, too. Just make sure you use sunscreen every day after you apply. AHAs do keep your cells turning over and help you shed skin faster.

I'm wary of dermatologists... they always want to slap ointments on everything, and I'm always sensitive to it - cortisone cream and Retinol. No thanks. I need to find a derm who listens to me. I have yet to find one.

sounds like 'chicken skin' or keratosis pilaris.

I came across this thread while looking for an alternative non-prescription solution to my problem. A few years ago, during the summer, I suddenly developed these funny bumps right on my forehead at the hairline. They did not hurt like pimples, and they weren't blackheads. In fact, you wouldn't really notice them unless I was out in the sun and heat too long, and that would make them itch. My family doctor said I skin condition that could be treated with metronidazole gel, which has worked wonders when I use it regularly!

I'm not sure if this is even close to the same condition others have mentioned, but it may be worth a talk with your doctor. I was just hoping to find something that I did not need a prescription for, because these things can get expensive!

I've always had quite clear skin, but these little bumps come up every now and again. A few friends of mine are dermatologists and claim that these bumps are from my skin overreacting to the sun. They told me to never leave the house without sunscreen on. Normally, I wear sunscreen everyday. I hadn't for the past week and low and behold, about 20 tiny bumps recently came out on my forehead. Trust me, the sunscreen works and is much softer on your skin than some of these acne treatments. I use spf 60.

I have these little bumps as well. They don't seem to be too noticeable except in certain lights and some end up turning into something bigger. I have noticed that they are spreading though and would like to get rid of them before they cover my entire face. I'm going to try the BP regimen although I have used BP in the past. I do use sunscreen. Has anyone had any luck with AHA or anything else?

I have these bumps as well. A tip to keep them under control is to never, ever, try and pop them. It will make the skin worse and may possibly cause you to break out more. Currently, I'm using Clindoxyl and Differin, and my forehead (main problem area of bumps) has reduced dramatically. My dermatologist recommended that I use differin on top of my Clindoxyl because it would help treat these bumps faster. I suggest just try and be patient with your acne system, try and keep your facial oil down to a minimum, and stay hydrated!

I have what i think you all may be talking about. They make my skin have a rough bumpy texture. I HATE it so much:( you can feelMILLIONS of them to the touch & see them everywhere when i blow my checks out. They're also on my forehead, between my eyebrows and on my chin. Picture:

post-157002-1316137491_thumb.jpg

Is this the type of thing you guys are talking about? Im currently on accutane & breaking out a bunch from these. Hoping for a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

I have this! I hate it. I have no other form of acne but this. I could feel it inside my skin when I wash my face angry.png What i'm doing is apply 2% salicylic acid on it twice a day, and retin-a at night. Then occasionally exfoliate to get the them up and out of my skin. It's getting a lot worse now which I can deal with as long as they go away forever once the "purging" is over.

I have incredibly oily skin that causes this by the way. Oil clogs pores and causes this. Thank goodness they're virtually invisible. glare.gif I have the most amazing and supportive derm and she suggested to get a peel to help. I'm going it as soon as the holidays are over.

This is a very very old thread! But since people are currently posting on this for some reason, I thought I would give advice, because I used to struggle with the same thing (sometimes still do).

Ok, those little "bumps" or "under-the-skin bumps" can either be from makeups and cosmetics. It's actually called "acne cosmetica." There's a tab on this website called "acne types" or something and it goes through acne cosmetica to acne congoblata or something like that. Anyways, certain chemicals in makeup can cause this to those whose skin doesn't like it.

Or the bumps can also be clogged pores. I used to struggle with this on my forehead...and actually everywhere. Even on my neck, chest, and back. I just thought I had clogged skin everywhere. Then, this year I began changing my routine and throwing out all the products I used. I changed to my shampoo, and kept trying different ones until I stopped breaking out on my back and scalp. Ok ONE ACNE CULPRIT DOWN. I changed the soap I use and papaya likas soap is what my skin loves. SECOND ACNE CULPRIT DOWN. Then, I kept reading about how SILICONES can create a barrier on your skin that suffocates your pores (even though they don't breathe lol). It's like placing a plastic film on your skin, and your pores just collect it with other dirt and oil- creating clogged pores and black heads. Then, if these are irritated they become pimples. Silicones are usuall listed as DIMETHICONE, and though it's said to not cause acne, I COMPLETELY disagree. So I changed moisturizers to one that is alcohol-free and silicone-free, and my skin is no longer plagued with those clogged pores or congested skin!! THIRD ACNE CULPRITE DOWN.

I no longer struggle with these horrible nasty bumps that God-forbid would turn into a giant inflamed and painful pimple. My skin is smooth and glowing for the most part, but it's not perfect. The topical I use to treat acne is Finacea gel, since I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide and breakout in cysts from salicylic acid. I also used a retin-a cream which really got rid of these bumps on my forhead without a major breakout, but the rest of my face suffered badly and purged.

Just because something says "non-comedogenic" doesn't mean it's safe or won't give you acne!!!! You need to listen to what your skin is telling you (i.e. acne and bumps) and look at actual INGREDIENTS in soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers before you use them. I hope this benefits someone!!!

!! 99% clear !!

My Morning Regimen

Wash face with luke warm water

Pat with clean towel

Moisturize with Pratima neem oil face sunscreen spf 30

Aveda mineral dual foundation with clean sponge for makeup sometimes.

My Evening Regimen

If I wore makeup, remove with Bioderma Crealine H2O and cotton pads

Rinse face with lukewarm water and papaya likas soap.

Manuka honey mask for 30-60 minutes

If Shower, wash with luke warm water and papaya soap. Aveda shampoo. No cloths or scrubs or abrasives.

Pat face with clean towel.

If skin is dry, use Pratima Essential Oil

Apply dime size amount of Finacea gel to face and neck. Alternate with Differin lotion.

Diet:

I avoid milk, wheat, caffeine, and soy. Drink lot's of water!

Medications:

Ortho Tricyclen (birth control), Finacea gel, Differin lotion.

Other:

I avoid dimethicone/silicone products, sodium lauryl sulfate, and scented moisturizers. Wash clothes, towels, sheets in hot water only. No detergent.

Well I don't have any idea about this that what exactly are this..But as you saying that it is irritating than you can try some creams or remedies for this.Try at once and see whether it is working or not..

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*