Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rossignol

Nutritional and Holistic advice for Body Acne

62 posts in this topic

I am vegan and have read many vegan books. You do not need milk. We are the only species who drink milk as grown-ups. A lot of people experience weight-loss and better looking skin after giving up dairy.

hell, i'm sure building a country would be easier than following this regimen... and we need milk to survive, bro.

You don't need milk to survive, where did you hear that?

Glad to read your thread..Nice information which is worth to read.. Drink warm water with lemon juice added at the starting of the day makes you fresh throughout the day....

I used to get those big cysts on my neck about the size of a quarter. Tried everything , and was on high anti biotics for months- Actually made it worse. Read an article on Candida intestinal yeast infections and started taking 4 liquid capsules of pure virgin coconut oil a day for a few months.. It has anti fungal properties. IT Worked !!!!

Another thing I did was build up my friendly bacteria in my gut with PROBIOTICS. I used MERCOLA .COM. These little guys keep the yeast at a normal level. Overuse of anti-biotics killed off the bad AND THE GOOD BACTERIA- so now ya gotta throw the good BACK IN THERE !! Another good safe trick to try is 600-900 mg of GARLIC pills- unless you like fresh hot garlic in your mouth.

Still had moderate acne and backne, after cysts were gone. 100mg Vitamin b-5 or PANTOTHENIC ACID for 6 months, took care of the REST OF THE ACNE ALL OVER MY BODY ,by re-balancing my hormones. Seemed to me 2 different types and not both connected at all. Best of Luck. if it works for you ; pass on the trick to another one who needs it !!

Well, Brewer's yeast internally help you to increase your immune system, and so - to better fight the bacteria. I'm using it for 3 months, but don't know which product really helped me - zinc, brewer's yeast, evening primrose oil, duac or differin. It's just that I think that combining few things is much more better than using something alone.

I haven't eaten dairy in about a week and a half to two weeks now. My acne really hasn't improved and I could kill for some pizza right about now. What do you think I should do?

Hello, everyone.

I had a very bad experience with acne.

I can't explain the horrible experiences that I experienced.

Over the years I have made it easy and would like to share the secrets with you.

Just click on http://www.acney.org to know how you can treat any acne with great ease.

surprised.gif

Thanks

Netizen

QUOTE(The Tribesâ„¢ @ Jul 11 2006, 06:44 PM)

hell, i'm sure building a country would be easier than following this regimen... and we need milk to survive, bro.

I'm sure it all depends upon just how bad you want to get rid of your acne. If it really doesnt bother you enough to change your lifestyle, then don't change. Simple as that. And there are plenty of people out there who don't consume milk and live very healthily. Actually, 70% of the population SHOULDNT consume milk, because they are either lactose intolerant or allergic. I haven't consumed milk for nearly a year now. I'm healthier than I have ever been. You are foolish to believe milk is a necessary food. Seek knowledge and you shall find power.

What is your regime? I also do not drink milk, but from time to time if i am not at a starbucks i get coffee with cream.

Nutritional and Holistic tips for combatting Body acne

CAN BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH DAN'S BP/AHA REGIMEN!

After several instances of repeating myself in other threads, I decided to make a definitive thread of my advice for body acne sufferers - the following tips have helped me considerably with my body acne, and hopefully some of you may find they help, too.

Just to clarify - you don't need to do all the things I recommend at once! You could just try each thing for a few weeks to see if there is any improvement.

Disclaimer: Acne.org does not endorse any of the following products or regimens

Dietary and internal cleansing advice

- Cut out dairy and red meat - this really helped with my body acne. I'd recommend you try avoiding all forms of dairy completely for at least 3 weeks to see if there is an improvement. You can replace dairy milk with rice milk in cereals and drinks.

- Drink warm water with lemon juice added throughout the day. Try using up the juice of one whole lemon each day, in about 10 glasses of water. This will help cleanse your liver of skin-harming toxins, as well as helping to reduce inflammation.

- Cut out all wheat products - this can be more difficult. You could try and avoid all forms of wheat pasta, wheat bread, pizza, biscuits etc, anything containing wheat, for 3 weeks again, to see if there is any improvement. It IS difficult, but there are alternatives, and it would only be for 3 weeks, unless you do find it has an effect, in which case I don't think cutting those things out would be too much of a sacrifice.

-Cut out refined sugar. This isn't too difficult if you avoid chocolate, sweets, soft drinks etc. If you don't want to do this, then taking a supplement of chromium GTF can help, if sensitivity to sugar is the thing that's affecting you.

-Try some of the following supplements. They can be effective in combatting acne and increasing your healing capacities:

-Zinc[ (75mg/day),

- Vitamin C (2000mg/day),

- B complex (100mg/day),

-Beta Carotene (15,000ug/day),

-vitamin E (400IU/day),

-propolis (1000mg/day),

-acidophilus/probiotics (1 capsule containing 5+billion/day)

(I've put the ones in bold that I think would be most helpful)

I recommend searching the catalogues at www.iherb.com, Victoria Health and/or Biocarefor your supplements - they are usually reasonably cheap and excellent quality.

Taking essential fatty acids such as Flax oil or fish oil may have a balancing effect on your hormones, also. Healthyandessential.com do a great range of these.

If none of the above help, at all, you could possibly look into undergoing colonic hydrotherapy at a naturopathy clinic - this is extremely cleansing to your digestive system, which can have dramatic effects on your acne.

Topicals advice

CleanserYou could try washing with a very mild cleansing bar, as soap and supposed 'acne cleansers' can sometimes aggravate the skin further. Puredeming's castille bar is very good.

Antibacterial agent If BP is not working particularly well for you, you might like to look into the Manuka oil and honey antiseptic gel that Living Nature do - manuka oil is a strong antibacterial agent, and can be even more potent against p.acnes bacteria than tea tree oil. I find the gel to be very soothing to the skin.

Moisturiser Nature's Gift do an EXCELLENT essential oil mix, called clarifying synergy, which you can combine with hazelnut oil to make a calming antibacterial moisturiser.

Using a body-beautifying oil such as hazelnut, emu, jojoba or coconut will help moisturise your skin without clogging pores, and will help to reduce redness.

Other treatments

Try bathing every other day in a bath to which you have added a few drops of manuka/tea tree oil, a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of unrefined sea salt. This will help to soothe your acne and will ensure maximum absorption.

You may want to look into weekly lactic acid peels. This can help to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and other factors that may clog pores. It can also help fade red marks and shallow scarring. Good suppliers include: Puredeming and Loganwood skincare

I hope some of this may be helpful. Good luck and just PM me if you need any info or advice on anything I've suggested or anything else!

Best Wishes,

Paul

smile.gif

what is the propolis used for? out of all the supplements listed above which are the top 3 ones to include in ones diet? And by wheat did you mean bleached processed grains like white sugar and white carbs or both?