Teas, skin peels and stuff

3 replies to this topic

#1 kecorner

kecorner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

Ok so my mom just called me and told me that when I come home on Friday from school that I am going to some spa and getting an acne treatment facial...on the website it says this :"The facial will focus on regulating oil gland secretion while detoxifying and tightening skin pores" so I am not sure what that really means...has anyone had one of these? The woman that owns the place is the one who is going to do it I guess and she told my mom all of this stuff she should buy for me like yogurt to eat in the morning with a glass of warm water and to drink tea before I go to bed and to put lavandar stuff on my neck? I have never heard of that stuff so I am kinda sceptical....anyway she claims that in a few months she will have my acne gone and she wants me to bring in all of my medications and make up and tell her about my diet when I come in on Friday......has anyone done anything like this before and if so did it work?
Is it over yet?

#2 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(kecorner @ Mar 30 2005, 11:44 AM)
Ok so my mom just called me and told me that when I come home on Friday from school that I am going to some spa and getting an acne treatment facial...on the website it says this :"The facial will focus on regulating oil gland secretion while detoxifying and tightening skin pores" so I am not sure what that really means...has anyone had one of these?  The woman that owns the place is the one who is going to do it I guess and she told my mom all of this stuff she should buy for me like yogurt to eat in the morning with a glass of warm water and to drink tea before I go to bed and to put lavandar stuff on my neck?  I have never heard of that stuff so I am kinda sceptical....anyway she claims that in a few months she will have my acne gone and she wants me to bring in all of my medications and make up and tell her about my diet when I come in on Friday......has anyone done anything like this before and if so did it work?

View Post

Wow - how bad is your acne right now?
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#3 kecorner

kecorner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Mar 30 2005, 10:46 AM)
Wow - how bad is your acne right now?

View Post

well its prolly moderate right now but it use to be sever and I was on accutane 2 times before and prolly every other drug under the sun so I guess this cant hurt.... confused.gif

Is it over yet?

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:17 PM

I had the "acne" facial at a regular spa once and it was a joke. But then I went to a medi-esthetician who had a holistic background and she was very helpful. It sounds like this lady could help you, especially if she is knowledgeable about diet and acne. From my experience, however, the people that are the most helpful are the people who have or had acne! Based on the training naturopaths have, I think most of them will tell you acne is liver-related, which it probably is in a lot of cases. But I'm not sure if many are familiar with the types of diet-things I've discovered here on this board (mostly thanks to Sweetjade), and the myriad of other nit-picky things that might be causing acne in some of us.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users