Just tried the Apple Fast...

5 replies to this topic

#1 bedrock

bedrock

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:31 AM

I just had to try the apple fast. I'm talking about the one that everybody says is a crock. I must say, this was very hard. Not eating anything but apples for 3 days was pretty tough. Also, the enemas were a bit uncomfortable. I ate 9-10 apples per day, along with tons of water. Did it work? Not for me. I wanted to see if my diet affected my acne, and I think it pretty much didn't. I followed the diet exactly what was written, and it didn't really improve. Before that, I started a diet consisting of veggies and fruit. I think I have been eating well, and I continue to break out. I will find my problem, and I will not give up.

#2 yme

yme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:09 AM

dont give up hope. i've been w/ acne for seven years. still trying to fight it. sad.gif my new thing is just to use natural regimens. no more meds on my face.

#3 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(bedrock @ Mar 30 2005, 02:31 AM)
I just had to try the apple fast. I'm talking about the one that everybody says is a crock. I must say, this was very hard. Not eating anything but apples for 3 days was pretty tough. Also, the enemas were a bit uncomfortable. I ate 9-10 apples per day, along with tons of water. Did it work? Not for me. I wanted to see if my diet affected my acne, and I think it pretty much didn't. I followed the diet exactly what was written, and it didn't really improve. Before that, I started a diet consisting of veggies and fruit. I think I have been eating well, and I continue to break out. I will find my problem, and I will not give up.

View Post

Why would you put your time and effort into something everyone says is a crock and then some on and say it didn't work? I can tell you something else to do with diet that should have you seeing great improvement. Tell me just what you are eating and not the apple thing. That is, if you are still interested in trying to improve your face through food. Also, I am a firm believer in the "less is best" approach to skin care routines.

#4 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:53 AM

The apple fast as with any detox cleansing fast improves your body's elimination of toxins as your body goes into cleansing mode. Anyone with acne who does a cleansing fast or detox program generally sees their acne temporarily worsen before improving. This is why it is so important to ensure your channels of elimination (pissing, shitting, breathing, sweating) are doing their best throughout the fast, to get the most out of your fast, by drinking lots of water, defecating as much and as frequently as possible (eneams, magnesium and gree tea help), exhaling as deeply and frequently as possible (consciously improved breathing, yoga/meditation, exercise), and sweating out as much of the released toxins as you can (sauna and/or steam room after working out). Programs that promote the apple fast as a "cure in just 3 days" obviously aren't going to permanently cure your acne let alone make it disappear off your face entirely in 3 days, but the holistic benefits of the fast they espouse (or rather steal and re-package as miracle cures for a quick buck on the net) are genuine and should complement a generally healthier lifestyle.

MinnymOuse is very correct in that lots of people think they eat healthier than all their acne-free friends, who may be blessed with not being acnegenic to begin with owing to the normalized sensitivity of their oil gland receptors to their androgens or possibly altogether lower androgen levels, but if you are acnegenic than you must comprehensively evaluate all possible dietary triggers. Even things that you think are healthy often are not, especially for acne, and may furthermore function as inflammatory triggers owing to individual, undiagnosed food intolerances and/or allergens, which are surprisingly far, far more common than you think, especially with A-group blood types.

#5 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

i've read in a few places that the average acne pimple lifespan can be anywhere from 4-6 weeks, from start to finish. given this, it'd be impossible for your situation, no matter how severe.. to clear up in 3 days. even 1-2 weeks is pushing it, in my humble opinion. i've changed my diet and it took approximately 6 (yes SIX) weeks of adhering to very strict guidelines (no dairy, sugar, refined/processed foods - at ALL - not even a packet of ketchup), before i personally saw consistent enough improvement.
and also, initially (the first two weeks) my skin got worse which seems to be common for the reasons stated above. believe me, i know it's frustrating. i refused to believe there was ANY diet connection whatsover for nearly 20 years. i listened and trusted my dumbass dermatologist. i'm 34 and felt serious diet alteration would be my very last resort before considering accutane. to my surprise - it will be my last resort, because at last i have found something that i can control it with - that has zero negative side effects.

#6 bedrock

bedrock

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:54 PM

I wasn't expecting anything to happen overnight, but I was expecting my acne to stop forming after the 3rd day. I know that sometimes it may get worse when you start something new. I've also read about how fruit fast's are a good thing to do every once and awhile. As far as my diet goes, I'm drinking almost a gallon of water a day, and eating mostly organic food. I eat salads every night, fruit every day, some fresh chicken once a week, eggs. I stopped eating processed foods, and I don't eat red meat. I've been doing this for about 4 weeks now. I am also drinking detox tea, taking garlic, and multi vitamins. I will continue this for the next 4 weeks to see any results. It's hard to find out which foods, if any, break me out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users