Photo

Water

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 VainTurbo

VainTurbo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:38 AM

man u type so much and u seem so informed about acne how did u get to know soo much

#22 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(VainTurbo @ Mar 30 2005, 01:38 PM)
man u type so much and u seem so informed about acne how did u get to know soo much

View Post

I became quite obsessed for a while, and spent literally thousands of hours googling everything and anything to do with acne. Then I decided to study dermatology part-time on top of my regular college courses, and I've also worked in dermatology offices.
My strategy in my battle with acne has always been based on "knowing thy enemy".
For me, I believed early on in my fight with acne that my greatest weapon would be knowledge-- to research acne to death and find out everything that anyone has ever learned about acne. It was in this process that I learned how there is so much about acne that we still don't know.

#23 Scotty_

Scotty_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

Ah, drink lots of plain water instead of juices etc. Thanks for clearing it up guys.

By the way I hear milk is bad for skin? Truth?

#24 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

I'm happy that water as helped you.....I only wish it could do the same for me )o: i've actually been drier lately, even while drinking like 12 glasses of water a day

I'm going to eventually try the lemon thing...but I really don't like the taste of them.

#25 ThomThumb

ThomThumb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Antony @ Mar 30 2005, 08:37 AM)
Water is great for your SKIN but not particularly effective for ACNE. Insofar as acne is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the pilosebaceous unit (pore/follicle containing an oil gland), anything that reduces inflammation in the skin and improves general skin health will minimize visible agitation and accelerate healing of acne. Lemon-diluted water is additionally cleansing for the body both for its antioxidants and detoxifying effect on the liver, while plain, pure water as opposed to water mixed up in juices is gentler on the kidneys and ensures a steady flushing of toxins out of the body. The amount of water you should drink depends on your weight, size and level of physical activity. I am 72kg, 6'2", and do at least an hour of exercise a day, and I am very comfortable drinking 3-4 liters of water every day. Granted I piss a lot, but improved channels of elimination both urinary (better pissing), colonic (better shitting) and respiratory (better breathing) are all vitally important for healthier skin and all-around health. I just refill my handy screw-top Nalgene bottle with tap water and carry it around with me. Some sites promote a so-called Water Cure in which you take your weight in pounds, divide in 2, and drink that amount in ounces every day. So a 140-pound woman would drink 70 ounces daily of water. This will prove very beneficial for health including skin, but water can't and won't stop you from breaking out IF you are going to. Water can't and won't prevent your androgens from overstimulating your oversensitive sebaceous gland receptors, but it will reduce the resulting inflammatory effect associated with the blocked and possibly infected pore.

View Post

could u explain how lemon water works, how antioxidants remove free radicals and how both affect acne? Other than just ambiguous "flushes" and "detoxifing"?

#26 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(hunter04j @ Mar 31 2005, 12:36 AM)
could u explain how lemon water works, how antioxidants remove free radicals and how both affect acne? Other than just ambiguous "flushes" and "detoxifing"?

View Post

It's all here: http://www.quantumba...lemon water.htm

"Next to drinking plain purified water, drinking lemon water daily is the most important thing you can do for your health."

It details every physiological reason for the health benefits of lemon water.

I personally drink 1 pint of water with a whole lemon squeeze in the morning 1 hour before breakfast and the same again in the evening 1 hour before bed.

Doing this consistently will begin to show visible results for acne sufferers within 2 weeks, and the benefits will increase with time.

However, as with anything dietary as regards acne, while an outstanding treatment it is not a cure, nor is drinking copious amounts of water, in and of itself.

#27 joepublic

joepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Mar 30 2005, 01:27 PM)
I used to think we ate healthy and we did compared to most people around.  BUT there were certain foods that had to be stopped in order for my son's cysts to clear up.  Have you read any of the posts?  Well, it sure made a difference to my son and many.  Like I said, we ate more veggies and fruits and heathy things than most around and when my son still had acne I said, well, it couldn't be diet related cause we eat so well.  Then I researched and emailed and read and we changed some things (we all eat this way now) and then came on Acne.org thinking we had found the best way to improve acne naturally.  Lo and behold there were others doing the same thing with the same results.  Then, there were those who said they ate healthy and it didn't work.  When it got down to it, they were still eating things that we stopped eating.  No wonder they didn't think it worked -OR they ate right, then blew it on the weekend or gave up too soon.  It is a very steadfast determination type diet.  You feel like you are in a battle and by god you are wanting to win.  And I really think one can see major improvements with this.

View Post

im guessing there is a post about this diet, do you have a link?

#28 Wickeh

Wickeh

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:45 AM

I like drinking a lot of water but it doesn't do jackshit for my acne.

#29 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:56 AM

I've increased my water intake and i've seen good results. But i'm sure that because I've replaced soda with the water.

#30 Heron

Heron

Quit thy childhood, my friend, and wake up!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

Thats great advice! I used to just drink juice too (and still kinda do) cause I thought there was plenty of water in it. Then I started to read the ingredients, which on all of it stated high fructose corn syrup evil.gif . Bad shit! So I have started only drinking natural drinks and lots of water.
Ever try that juice called Naked? its really good and they only use real fruit and vegtables!

#31 LeetLeetLoo

LeetLeetLoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:09 PM

I occasionally drink water with lemon but today, I decided to step it up. I kept some slices of lemon around and drank A TON of water with lemon slices all day long. Think I will add this to my list of things to try.... I know I have digestive issues so I'll try the lemon slices continually and see if I notice a difference. I may try a full lemon squeezed in with water too. Another thing I do is have squirts of lemon at almost every meal. I am not eating vinegar so I often have salads / fish / chicken with olive oil and lemon.

#32 Heron

Heron

Quit thy childhood, my friend, and wake up!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

Is drinking green or chamomile tea better than drinking plain water? If I drink like 4 glasses of water a day plus a mug or two of green tea, will it have the same effects?