Photo

Water

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Monody

Monody

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Hoping to God this is not old *holds razor near veins*

You've all heard it before. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. It keeps you healthy! biggrin.gif

That's all well and good, but did you know that it also clears acne like a miracle?

I never drank water before, I always drank juice. I lived on juice. Then one day I decided to drink 3 litres of water in one day. That itself was an accomplishment.

THE VERY NEXT DAY my acne started to clear up! I'm not lying!

Drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day, (there's absolutely no need for anymore than that)

Do this + Good regimen like Dan's = biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You've probably heard this before but just letting you know because it really does work.

P.S: It's really not hard to drink your 3 litres a day. I reccommend one of those 1 litre bottles.

#2 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Monody @ Mar 29 2005, 11:24 PM)
Hoping to God this is not old *holds razor near veins*

You've all heard it before. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. It keeps you healthy!  biggrin.gif

That's all well and good, but did you know that it also clears acne like a miracle?

I never drank water before, I always drank juice. I lived on juice. Then one day I decided to drink 3 litres of water in one day. That itself was an accomplishment.

THE VERY NEXT DAY my acne started to clear up! I'm not lying!

Drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day, (there's absolutely no need for anymore than that)

Do this + Good regimen like Dan's =  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

You've probably heard this before but just letting you know because it really does work.

P.S: It's really not hard to drink your 3 litres a day. I reccommend one of those 1 litre bottles.

View Post

Switching from juice and sodas to water is excellent. Keep it up!
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#3 marxs

marxs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:25 PM

you can also try adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to water. the lemons i read are good for your body, helping the liver get rid of all the toxins in the body

#4 Scotty_

Scotty_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:25 AM

Ok this is what I don't get.

What's in these juices?

Well, if you take a look at the ingredients it says water. H20 in juice i'm pretty sure is the same as normal H20.

When ppl say drink 8 glasses of water a day, what do they mean by "water"? Does water mean just filtered water? Does it mean water contained in juices, pop or any other beverage?
Why can't people be more explicit?

When people give instructions they should make sure they are being as clear as possible. Something that's assumed by one person is not guaranteed to be assumed by the other.

p.s don't buy those 1L containers of water. It's a scam.

#5 geezer

geezer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE(Scotty_ @ Mar 30 2005, 06:25 AM)
When ppl say drink 8 glasses of water a day, what do they mean by "water"?  Does water mean just filtered water? Does it mean water contained in juices, pop or any other beverage?
Why can't people be more explicit?

When people give instructions they should make sure they are being as clear as  possible. Something that's assumed by one person is not guaranteed to be assumed by the other.

View Post

How can you think that people mean soda or juice when they say "water"? I don't mean to be rude here. "Water" has no added stuff in it. Tap water or filtered water are both "water".

#6 joepublic

joepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(geezer @ Mar 30 2005, 10:16 AM)
How can you think that people mean soda or juice when they say "water"? I don't mean to be rude here. "Water" has no added stuff in it. Tap water or filtered water are both "water".

View Post

maybe because a lot of water recommendations includes water from other drinks and also food.

#7 wizard

wizard

Here to listen and guide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:31 AM

Yep that's what they say, so i decied to stop drinking juice, fizzy drinks...etc and see if it helped just by drinking water, and it does i've seen a noticable difference

#8 Melchior

Melchior

I'm naoya_socol's #1 fan!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:42 AM

I drink only water and my acne is still horrible.

Won't work for everyone, but it's still better than drinking anything else.

#9 wizard

wizard

Here to listen and guide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(Melchior @ Mar 30 2005, 12:42 PM)
I drink only water and my acne is still horrible.

Won't work for everyone, but it's still better than drinking anything else.

View Post

Yeah but it don't half taste horrible if you aren't used to drinking it at first lol.gif

#10 VainTurbo

VainTurbo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:13 AM

thats just a myth, i was reading a site today and they said drinking heaps of water does not help prevent or clear up acne. But i guess if its help u go 4 it.

#11 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:37 AM

vain, to me its like one website vs. thousands first hand accounts of it actually working and being proven effective.

I would defintely take the latter and just drink up. 64 ounces really isnt that much.

#12 geezer

geezer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(VainTurbo @ Mar 30 2005, 12:13 PM)
thats just a myth, i was reading a site today and they said drinking heaps of water does not help prevent or clear up acne. But i guess if its help u go 4 it.

View Post

You really shouldn't believe everything they say. But, if you have tried it and noticed that it doesen't help you att all I do believe you. Some people benefit more than others. It makes sense to me that drinking lots of water flushes toxins from your body. Not only that, the biggest benefit comes when you replace crap stuff like soda with water. Anything with lots of sugars just causes insulin spikes which messes your hormones and therefore contributes acne.

#13 VainTurbo

VainTurbo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:46 AM

i know water is good for u. i drink more then rcommended i love the stuff but i saw it on a pro site and it definatly said it was a myth

#14 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

ANYTIME you replace sugary soft drinks, or things that don't promote health, with water then it is a positive thing. You can't expect to eat a quarter pounder with cheese, fries, ice cream and have water instead of coke and expect much of a change. It is a huge first step for many and I think we should support positive change, even if it is just one change.
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#15 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:03 AM

What times do you dring the water? Is it anything like the "wait 2 hours before and after you eat to drink liquids" type of diets that have worked for some that ive seen on here?

I try to follow that alittle but i also try to drink about a glass of water with every meal.

Its so hard somedays because of it going through your system so quickly. Some days it's like 30 minutes while others it's around 2 hours before all that water goes through me.

I haven't seen the "benefits" of drinking bottled water exclusively. I just drink whatever I have. Faccet mainly

#16 VainTurbo

VainTurbo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:20 AM

i do eat healty 4 some reason i love healthy food and i love water and also orange juice. i drink anytime theres with the meal mostly. But after all that i dont know y i still get pimples DAM i hate them soooo much y did GOD create them in the first place wat good use are they

#17 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(VainTurbo @ Mar 30 2005, 08:20 AM)
i do eat healty 4 some reason i love healthy food and i love water and also orange juice. i drink anytime theres with the meal mostly. But after all that i dont know y i still get pimples DAM i hate them soooo much y did GOD create them in the first place wat good use are they

View Post

I used to think we ate healthy and we did compared to most people around. BUT there were certain foods that had to be stopped in order for my son's cysts to clear up. Have you read any of the posts? Well, it sure made a difference to my son and many. Like I said, we ate more veggies and fruits and heathy things than most around and when my son still had acne I said, well, it couldn't be diet related cause we eat so well. Then I researched and emailed and read and we changed some things (we all eat this way now) and then came on Acne.org thinking we had found the best way to improve acne naturally. Lo and behold there were others doing the same thing with the same results. Then, there were those who said they ate healthy and it didn't work. When it got down to it, they were still eating things that we stopped eating. No wonder they didn't think it worked -OR they ate right, then blew it on the weekend or gave up too soon. It is a very steadfast determination type diet. You feel like you are in a battle and by god you are wanting to win. And I really think one can see major improvements with this.

Mark Twain

#18 VainTurbo

VainTurbo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:34 AM

the doctor tld me that acne is somthing u have to live with once u get it it usually lasts for 10 yrs for most ppl but u cant get rid of it ends itself. The only thing u can do is reduce it and keep on the treatment until that 10 yrs pass

#19 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(VainTurbo @ Mar 30 2005, 08:34 AM)
the doctor tld me that acne is somthing u have to live with once u get it it usually lasts for 10 yrs for most ppl but u cant get rid of it ends itself. The only thing u can do is reduce it and keep on the treatment until that 10 yrs pass

View Post

Fine, believe the doctor and don't believe me. That is your choice. Guess what? Three doctors told my son the same thing.

Mark Twain

#20 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:37 AM

Water is great for your SKIN but not particularly effective for ACNE. Insofar as acne is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the pilosebaceous unit (pore/follicle containing an oil gland), anything that reduces inflammation in the skin and improves general skin health will minimize visible agitation and accelerate healing of acne. Lemon-diluted water is additionally cleansing for the body both for its antioxidants and detoxifying effect on the liver, while plain, pure water as opposed to water mixed up in juices is gentler on the kidneys and ensures a steady flushing of toxins out of the body. The amount of water you should drink depends on your weight, size and level of physical activity. I am 72kg, 6'2", and do at least an hour of exercise a day, and I am very comfortable drinking 3-4 liters of water every day. Granted I piss a lot, but improved channels of elimination both urinary (better pissing), colonic (better shitting) and respiratory (better breathing) are all vitally important for healthier skin and all-around health. I just refill my handy screw-top Nalgene bottle with tap water and carry it around with me. Some sites promote a so-called Water Cure in which you take your weight in pounds, divide in 2, and drink that amount in ounces every day. So a 140-pound woman would drink 70 ounces daily of water. This will prove very beneficial for health including skin, but water can't and won't stop you from breaking out IF you are going to. Water can't and won't prevent your androgens from overstimulating your oversensitive sebaceous gland receptors, but it will reduce the resulting inflammatory effect associated with the blocked and possibly infected pore.