Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Water

32 posts in this topic

Hoping to God this is not old *holds razor near veins*

You've all heard it before. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. It keeps you healthy! biggrin.gif

That's all well and good, but did you know that it also clears acne like a miracle?

I never drank water before, I always drank juice. I lived on juice. Then one day I decided to drink 3 litres of water in one day. That itself was an accomplishment.

THE VERY NEXT DAY my acne started to clear up! I'm not lying!

Drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day, (there's absolutely no need for anymore than that)

Do this + Good regimen like Dan's = biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You've probably heard this before but just letting you know because it really does work.

P.S: It's really not hard to drink your 3 litres a day. I reccommend one of those 1 litre bottles.

Hoping to God this is not old *holds razor near veins*

You've all heard it before. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. It keeps you healthy!  biggrin.gif

That's all well and good, but did you know that it also clears acne like a miracle?

I never drank water before, I always drank juice. I lived on juice. Then one day I decided to drink 3 litres of water in one day. That itself was an accomplishment.

THE VERY NEXT DAY my acne started to clear up! I'm not lying!

Drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day, (there's absolutely no need for anymore than that)

Do this + Good regimen like Dan's =  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

You've probably heard this before but just letting you know because it really does work.

P.S: It's really not hard to drink your 3 litres a day. I reccommend one of those 1 litre bottles.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

you can also try adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to water. the lemons i read are good for your body, helping the liver get rid of all the toxins in the body

Ok this is what I don't get.

What's in these juices?

Well, if you take a look at the ingredients it says water. H20 in juice i'm pretty sure is the same as normal H20.

When ppl say drink 8 glasses of water a day, what do they mean by "water"? Does water mean just filtered water? Does it mean water contained in juices, pop or any other beverage?

Why can't people be more explicit?

When people give instructions they should make sure they are being as clear as possible. Something that's assumed by one person is not guaranteed to be assumed by the other.

p.s don't buy those 1L containers of water. It's a scam.

When ppl say drink 8 glasses of water a day, what do they mean by "water"?  Does water mean just filtered water? Does it mean water contained in juices, pop or any other beverage?

Why can't people be more explicit?

When people give instructions they should make sure they are being as clear as  possible. Something that's assumed by one person is not guaranteed to be assumed by the other.

How can you think that people mean soda or juice when they say "water"? I don't mean to be rude here. "Water" has no added stuff in it. Tap water or filtered water are both "water".

Yep that's what they say, so i decied to stop drinking juice, fizzy drinks...etc and see if it helped just by drinking water, and it does i've seen a noticable difference

I drink only water and my acne is still horrible.

Won't work for everyone, but it's still better than drinking anything else.

thats just a myth, i was reading a site today and they said drinking heaps of water does not help prevent or clear up acne. But i guess if its help u go 4 it.

vain, to me its like one website vs. thousands first hand accounts of it actually working and being proven effective.

I would defintely take the latter and just drink up. 64 ounces really isnt that much.

thats just a myth, i was reading a site today and they said drinking heaps of water does not help prevent or clear up acne. But i guess if its help u go 4 it.

i know water is good for u. i drink more then rcommended i love the stuff but i saw it on a pro site and it definatly said it was a myth

ANYTIME you replace sugary soft drinks, or things that don't promote health, with water then it is a positive thing. You can't expect to eat a quarter pounder with cheese, fries, ice cream and have water instead of coke and expect much of a change. It is a huge first step for many and I think we should support positive change, even if it is just one change.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

What times do you dring the water? Is it anything like the "wait 2 hours before and after you eat to drink liquids" type of diets that have worked for some that ive seen on here?

I try to follow that alittle but i also try to drink about a glass of water with every meal.

Its so hard somedays because of it going through your system so quickly. Some days it's like 30 minutes while others it's around 2 hours before all that water goes through me.

I haven't seen the "benefits" of drinking bottled water exclusively. I just drink whatever I have. Faccet mainly

i do eat healty 4 some reason i love healthy food and i love water and also orange juice. i drink anytime theres with the meal mostly. But after all that i dont know y i still get pimples DAM i hate them soooo much y did GOD create them in the first place wat good use are they

i do eat healty 4 some reason i love healthy food and i love water and also orange juice. i drink anytime theres with the meal mostly. But after all that i dont know y i still get pimples DAM i hate them soooo much y did GOD create them in the first place wat good use are they

Mark Twain

the doctor tld me that acne is somthing u have to live with once u get it it usually lasts for 10 yrs for most ppl but u cant get rid of it ends itself. The only thing u can do is reduce it and keep on the treatment until that 10 yrs pass

the doctor tld me that acne is somthing u have to live with once u get it it usually lasts for 10 yrs for most ppl but u cant get rid of it ends itself. The only thing u can do is reduce it and keep on the treatment until that 10 yrs pass

Mark Twain

Water is great for your SKIN but not particularly effective for ACNE. Insofar as acne is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the pilosebaceous unit (pore/follicle containing an oil gland), anything that reduces inflammation in the skin and improves general skin health will minimize visible agitation and accelerate healing of acne. Lemon-diluted water is additionally cleansing for the body both for its antioxidants and detoxifying effect on the liver, while plain, pure water as opposed to water mixed up in juices is gentler on the kidneys and ensures a steady flushing of toxins out of the body. The amount of water you should drink depends on your weight, size and level of physical activity. I am 72kg, 6'2", and do at least an hour of exercise a day, and I am very comfortable drinking 3-4 liters of water every day. Granted I piss a lot, but improved channels of elimination both urinary (better pissing), colonic (better shitting) and respiratory (better breathing) are all vitally important for healthier skin and all-around health. I just refill my handy screw-top Nalgene bottle with tap water and carry it around with me. Some sites promote a so-called Water Cure in which you take your weight in pounds, divide in 2, and drink that amount in ounces every day. So a 140-pound woman would drink 70 ounces daily of water. This will prove very beneficial for health including skin, but water can't and won't stop you from breaking out IF you are going to. Water can't and won't prevent your androgens from overstimulating your oversensitive sebaceous gland receptors, but it will reduce the resulting inflammatory effect associated with the blocked and possibly infected pore.

Ah, drink lots of plain water instead of juices etc. Thanks for clearing it up guys.

By the way I hear milk is bad for skin? Truth?

I'm happy that water as helped you.....I only wish it could do the same for me )o: i've actually been drier lately, even while drinking like 12 glasses of water a day

I'm going to eventually try the lemon thing...but I really don't like the taste of them.

"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

Water is great for your SKIN but not particularly effective for ACNE. Insofar as acne is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the pilosebaceous unit (pore/follicle containing an oil gland), anything that reduces inflammation in the skin and improves general skin health will minimize visible agitation and accelerate healing of acne. Lemon-diluted water is additionally cleansing for the body both for its antioxidants and detoxifying effect on the liver, while plain, pure water as opposed to water mixed up in juices is gentler on the kidneys and ensures a steady flushing of toxins out of the body. The amount of water you should drink depends on your weight, size and level of physical activity. I am 72kg, 6'2", and do at least an hour of exercise a day, and I am very comfortable drinking 3-4 liters of water every day. Granted I piss a lot, but improved channels of elimination both urinary (better pissing), colonic (better shitting) and respiratory (better breathing) are all vitally important for healthier skin and all-around health. I just refill my handy screw-top Nalgene bottle with tap water and carry it around with me. Some sites promote a so-called Water Cure in which you take your weight in pounds, divide in 2, and drink that amount in ounces every day. So a 140-pound woman would drink 70 ounces daily of water. This will prove very beneficial for health including skin, but water can't and won't stop you from breaking out IF you are going to. Water can't and won't prevent your androgens from overstimulating your oversensitive sebaceous gland receptors, but it will reduce the resulting inflammatory effect associated with the blocked and possibly infected pore.