FOR THOSE FOLLOWING HEALTHY DIET

3 replies to this topic

#1 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hi. Just wanted to share a website with you all. My order just arrived and it is like the 10th time I have ordered from them.

If you like dried fruit - I buy organic dried apples, figs, apricots. They have raisins of course also

Unrefined grains/seeds - quinoa, amaranth, barley, etc....

Beans - I buy the organic dried ones from Arrowhead Mills

Rice - if you are eating brown rice I get the long grain basmati brown

Anyway, it is a great place to get things and my son loves it when the packages arrive.

I got him some pumpkin seeds without oils. Only a small amount to see how he does with them.. Anyway have any input on them?

Thanks and good luck with your eating habits.
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

LOL, well it has been on my "must order from one of these days" list as I did notice that they have the dried unsulfured & unsweetened fruits. I love that stuff, it's my version of candy, but lately the only dried fruits I've been eating have been raisens (natual, organic, commerical) as my local natural food store doesn't sell (some dried/fresh fruits break me out) unsulfured & unsweetened dried fruits of almost any other type. Where I go to school, there's a natural co-op there that sells only discounted foods & vitamins to members, but they do sell the dried fruits in the way that I like them to be and I love the taste of dried apples now. Before, dried apples with sulfur had like an oniony taste but without, they are so yummy, along pears etc. =)

If I didn't have to pay some of those shipping charges, I would eat "well" all the time, but sometimes some places don't make it so affordable. I finally got tired of waiting around about trying Nutritional Yeast, that I finally ordered some from the Chreese website and due to the shipping (Fed ex ground), I ordered almost one of everything else that was a gluten-free chreese product. That brought shipping to over $9, but with a 15% off coupon I found, it saved me $3 so I was more than happy to complete my purchase.

Here's a question, does your family belong to a Food Co-op or CSA?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/csa/
http://www.coopdirec...s A Buying Club?
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#3 goldengirl

goldengirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Minny for the site link. I belong to a food coop and an order a lot of organic grains, beans, nuts, etc. You might want to see if you can join a club in your area. It is called United Natural Foods. Used to be Northfarm, Northeast and Blooming Prairie. They have been bought out or merged with United.

Here is the website WWW.Unitedbuyingclubs.com

I order once a month. I found some brown rice tortillas that I actually like better than flower. Brand name is Food for Life. I bought a case. Some clubs will split items so you don't have to buy large quantities. Some items don't have to be ordered in bulk.

I think you can search on the site for clubs in your area. I have been in mine for about 10 yrs. I really enjoy it and look forward to picking up my items.

I have been eating nuts daily myself. I have been given my older son who will eat them, Brazil nuts and sometimes the pumpkin seeds.

#4 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(goldengirl @ Mar 28 2005, 12:43 PM)
Thanks Minny for the site link. I belong to a food coop and an order a lot of organic grains, beans, nuts, etc. You might want to see if you can join a club in your area. It is called United Natural Foods. Used to be Northfarm, Northeast and Blooming Prairie. They have been bought out or merged with United.

Here is the website    WWW.Unitedbuyingclubs.com

I order once a month. I found some brown rice tortillas that I actually like better than flower. Brand name is Food for Life. I bought a case. Some clubs will split items so you don't have to buy large quantities. Some items don't have to be ordered in bulk.

I think you can search on the site for clubs in your area. I have been in mine for about 10 yrs. I really enjoy it and look forward to picking up my items.

I have been eating nuts daily myself. I have been given my older son who will eat them, Brazil nuts and sometimes the pumpkin seeds.

View Post

I live out in the middle of NOWHERE! Last time I was with a food co-op it was an hour's drive away. I live on a gravel road in rural Louisiana the only house on the road by the way. I will search again, as maybe things have changed since last time I looked into it. Several things great about living out here is the fact that I have many many blueberry bushes we planted, and very soon I will have all the blueberries we can eat. I also have thornless blackberry bushes that will have berries larger than a human thumb! And the asparagus is just starting to come up, so soon I will have bundles of fresh asparagus. There's also a few farmers around with plums, nectarines, peaches and the like. Also, the Louisiana strawberries are in season now and we are pigging out on them. Lots of mustard greens out there now too. And don't forget - it is crawfish season!!
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users