garlic ginger

1 reply to this topic

#1 Nathini

Nathini

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:52 AM

I've been doing a lot of research lately about what foods are best for acne and while most places come up with a list of what foods to avoid and what to add, few sources offer any recipes. A lot of books do but you have to buy the whole book and then when you get it there may only be a few recipes among the 20 or so that you would actually consider eating. Why don't we pool our Acne.org knowledge?

Here's one that I pulled off AskShelley.com that was pretty good. It's supposed to "resore alkaline reserves and improve liver function. The organic salts in the zucchini and celery really feed the adrenals and entire endrocrine system." Not sure about all that but it sounds healthy and tastes good.

Ingredients: Zucchini (courgette), green beans, celery, parsley, extra virgin olive oil or unsalted organic butter, filtered water (optional: onions, garlic, ginger spices).

Cut up equal amounts of zucchini, green beans and celery (I also add onions and garlic here - ginger is also good - it's better if you do). Place in pot and half cover with water. Steam or simmer until soft. Fill a blender or food processor with the veggies and steaming water, add a handful of chopped parsley and a dollop of olive oil/butter. Season with any herbs or spices you like and blend.
Only connect...

#2 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:05 PM

Here's one that will satisfy ANYONE'S sweet tooth.

Wheat-free Chocolate Date Walnut torte (sugar/dairy free also)
2 1/2 cups pitted dates, packed down
1 cup water
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
1/4 cup water
1 Tbs arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp bakng soda
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
2 Tbs chopped walnus
Cook dates in the 1 cup water for 10 min. Puree them and blend in cocoa powder and molasses. Put into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 cup water, lemon juice, arrowroot and baking soda. Stir this mixture into the date mixture. add the rice flour and walnuts and stir just until blended. Sprinkle the raisins in the bottom of a lightly oiled 9" round baking pan. (spring form pan is good). Spread the torte batter on top of the raisins and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Bake 15-18 min at 375. Chill it well before slicing.
This is really pretty, and REALLY sweet, thanks to the dates. I just made it for my brother's b-day. You only need a tiny slice!
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users