Photo

Pimples around mouth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Testosterone

Testosterone

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

I, for some reason only get pimples around my mouth and mostly the chin under the mouth. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I do not rest my hand there ever just once in a while. I hardly get any on cheeks and some once in a while on nose? Anything that could be causing this around the mouth acne? Thanks.

#2 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

If you wear lipstick, or use chapstick, it could easily migrate around your mouth. I have that happen alot. sad.gif

Also, eating often gets grease around the mouth area, even if you can't feel it. I had to learn to use more utensils and straw.
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#3 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

Those are usually related to hormonal imbalances. Research on google, and find vitamins or herbs that help balance hormones, and they should help.

RULES TO LIVE BY

Boxers are cool until things dangle. Sometimes that is the best part.

Orange toe nails are for black ladies.

Snorting prozac to get high is not wise.

Triple inverse and long exchange traded funds deviate to zero with volatility.

Conversations you have with friends are never funny to others. Keep them to yourself.

Retelling movie clips that are "funny" ruins them. You look like an ass.

Soy vanilla decaf venti lattes are 4.65 at Starbucks and 5 dollars at Barnes and Noble.

#4 Heron

Heron

Quit thy childhood, my friend, and wake up!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:36 PM

I had a doctor who told me touching your face can cause breakouts. I used to rest my face on my palm a lot and got pimples on my cheek. But when I stopped doing it I noticed a decrease in pimples. So if you are touching the areas a lot then that could be the problem.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always.
- Mahatma Gandhi

#5 Dannie

Dannie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:07 AM

i getr pimpls around my mouth ...laughlines...
i hear that is from stress..or period,

#6 16yr old

16yr old

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:56 AM

dont bite your finger nails if you do thats what usually cause my pimples around my mustache and i still get some areound the mouth area for some reason.

#7 Guardian

Guardian

Twisting, Turning, Through the never

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:05 AM

I found that when I kiss my girlfriend a lot, the friction causes me to get a lot of pimples around my lips, I keep getting one after another, it really is annoying. I guess love can be a bitch. razz.gif

#8 Guest_<*>_*

Guest_<*>_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:07 AM

At the moment i'm only getting white heads around my mouth and on my chin and sometimes on the side of my nose where it joins mt face. Everywhere else I have red marks from old spots but no white heads. I just ever pop them anymore but leave them to go on their own but new ones just seem to pop up, i'd love to know how to get rid of them. I only wash my face in the morning with simple moisturising wash and my skin gets quite greasy in the afternoon and the evening.

#9 cassadie

cassadie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:46 AM

My derm told me that a lot of toothpaste’s have some stuff in them that cause breakouts around the mouth. Crest, breaks me out so I don’t use it anymore. I cannot remember what the ingredient in it is that does it though, Google it.
I know it sux having breakouts around the mouth.

Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way!
~ Cassadie

#10 Guest_<*>_*

Guest_<*>_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(cassadie @ Mar 27 2005, 04:46 PM)
My derm told me that a lot of toothpaste’s have some stuff in them that cause breakouts around the mouth.  Crest, breaks me out so I don’t use it anymore.  I cannot remember what the ingredient in it is that does it though, Google it.
I know it sux having breakouts around the mouth.

View Post

Hmmm, when I went on holiday with my mates I didn't brush my teeth very often cos we lived like tramps for 5 days and my spots were a lot better.

#11 snowshoe

snowshoe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(John617 @ Mar 26 2005, 09:10 PM)
I, for some reason only get pimples around my mouth and mostly the chin under the mouth. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I do not rest my hand there ever just once in a while. I hardly get any on cheeks and some once in a while on nose? Anything that could be causing this around the mouth acne? Thanks.

View Post

toothpaste, drooling at night... i'm on tane and just got one by my mouth that i'm attributing to the lip moisturizer i've been using. i have to slather it on thickly because my lips are so darn dry eusa_drool.gif
Accutane start date: 3/9/05

My Gallery

#12 Guest_<*>_*

Guest_<*>_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Is there any why to brush your teeth without running the risk of breaking out??? and does drooling when you sleep cause acne??? - i always wake up in a little puddle of drool!!!

#13 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

Do you talk on the phone alot? Cellphone or regular phone irritation can aggravate skin problems around the mouth area. I also thought about the nighttime drooling someone else mentioned. I think you are on the Regimen, right? Just make sure to give those areas a good coating of bp twice daily and see if, in time, the breakouts decrease.

We're all in this together.

#14 Hatin'It

Hatin'It

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:13 PM

this is very true, I have 2 disinfect my phones regularly...also do u bite u'r nails?

#15 Miami3

Miami3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:47 AM

Do you rest your hands on your chin?

#16 karma police

karma police

thom yorke worshipper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:46 PM

I think the ingredient in the toothpaste that someone mentioned is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. (Not sure about the spelling.) It's never broken me out but I've heard it's a culprit for others.

Also, do you use Carmex? I swear by it, but a while ago my derm told me to be really, really careful only to put it on my lips as it can break skin out.
we are accidents waiting to happen.

#17 valwen

valwen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

Toothpaste can cause breakouts? Thats something I havent heard before. What about shaving? Could the shaving gels or foam be the cause?

#18 Dannie

Dannie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:00 AM

stress too

#19 sybotsybot

sybotsybot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:39 AM

Did this ever get cleared up?

#20 Zapped

Zapped

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (John617 @ Mar 26 2005, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try buying Cortaid cream at Wallmart (located near the pharmacy).Rub it around your mouth and chin after you shower.Put a lot on so it soaks in.
I had the same problem as you and it cleared up.
Let me know if it works.