Photo

Take this under consideration before you do...

This topic is archived.
8 replies to this topic

#1 MacroMike

MacroMike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:22 AM

Some serious dieting plan. I took alot of the myths from this board, and used a little of every one of them, before some of you say.OH well just up your dosage, thats wrong. Too much of one thing is bad for you, i think its part of the reason we have acne in the first place. Anyways. I bought about 20 lemons. I had 1 each day, mixed with water, I workout alot, and easily drink 8-9 bottles of water. I also tried not eating any bananas. Not one, I did have 2 banana pancakes on a sunday.For about 3-4 days i had a handfull of raisins about 2x a day. The only thing i may have done wrong, is that i take Optimum nutrition whey protein. None of this prooved usefull. Bananas has to be the most ubsurd theory ever. Water doesnt help,but it doesnt hurt.As for lemons, I dont think this has an impact either. The only thing that I think may have deemed usefull was Raisins. I'd be willing to try that for a month or so. After a few days of the raisins, my skin actually did seem clearer.

#2 MacroMike

MacroMike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

oh, btw. I havent had a coke/pepsi. Not 1 sip, in over a year. I do have a ginger ale or sprite once every 2 months or so. So I wouldnt consider pop a serious contender either, just dont drink too much of it. Forgot to add, I dont drink cows milk. I'll have soy milk and cereal 3-4x a week. I've been doing this for about 1 yr now.

#3 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(MacroMike @ Mar 26 2005, 11:22 AM)
Some serious dieting plan. I took alot of the myths from this board, and used a little of every one of them, before some of you say.OH well just up your dosage, thats wrong. Too much of one thing is bad for you, i think its part of the reason we have acne in the first place. Anyways. I bought about 20 lemons. I had 1 each day, mixed with water, I workout alot, and easily drink 8-9 bottles of water. I also tried not eating any bananas. Not one, I did have 2 banana pancakes on a sunday.For about 3-4 days i had a handfull of raisins about 2x a day. The only thing i may have done wrong, is that i take Optimum nutrition whey protein. None of this prooved usefull. Bananas has to be the most ubsurd theory ever. Water doesnt help,but it doesnt hurt.As for lemons, I dont think this has an impact either. The only thing that I think may have deemed usefull was Raisins. I'd be willing to try that for a month or so. After a few days of the raisins, my skin actually did seem clearer.

View Post

You said "I tried not eating any bananas. Not one, I did have 2 banana pancakes on Sunday" That is eating bananas. Well, first of all, it isn't just bananas that causes some people to break out. How about the pancakes? That is refined foods. What else are you eating? Raisins are good, but you can't just stop bananas and go on with white flour, processed foods and expect a change. Give me an accurate list of what you have had over the past week - as accurate and honest as possible. I am here to help and I think I can. The main thing is that you are willing to try and that is awesome.

#4 MacroMike

MacroMike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Mar 26 2005, 04:55 PM)
You said "I tried not eating any bananas. Not one, I did have 2 banana pancakes on Sunday"  That is eating bananas.  Well, first of all, it isn't just bananas that causes some people to break out.  How about the pancakes?  That is refined foods.  What else are you eating?  Raisins are good, but you can't just stop bananas and go on with white flour, processed foods and expect a change.  Give me an accurate list of what you have had over the past week - as accurate and honest as possible.  I am here to help and I think I can.  The main thing is that you are willing to try and that is awesome.

View Post

ok. Ill give as accurate as i can remember from last sat. to today.
Sat-
bfast:cereal for breakfast along with a necterine and water
lunch: really cant remember, but i snack on lemons/necterines/plums throughout the day
dinner:pizza

Sun:
bfast:pancakes
lunch:turkey sandwich
dinner:chicken with rice and peas

mon:
bfast:cereal
lunch:polo tropical chicken rice and beans
dinner:fish and potatoes

tue:
lunch:fruit
dinner: cant remember

wed:
bfast: lemons,necterines,etc. no cereal(i ran out)
lunch:tuna sandwich
dinner:spaghetti &chicken

thur:
bfast: fruits and english muffin
dinner:chicken and potatoes in baslamic vinegar

friday:
bfast: pancakes @ mcdoanlds
lunch: lots of fruit
dinner: chinese food/lo mein

days where i wrote nothing for lunch i most likely only had a protein shake. I have a protein shake w/ every meal and eat lots of fruit in the breakfast/lunch time.

#5 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

The only thing that I think may have deemed usefull was Raisins. I'd be willing to try that for a month or so. After a few days of the raisins, my skin actually did seem clearer.

Thats because raisins, have no preservatives, no chemicals and the sugar is natural. I tried the rasin thing to and my face got better.

Sean

#6 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(MacroMike @ Mar 26 2005, 12:53 PM)
ok. Ill give as accurate as i can remember from last sat. to today.
Sat-
bfast:cereal for breakfast along with a necterine and water
lunch: really cant remember, but i snack on lemons/necterines/plums throughout the day
dinner:pizza

Sun:
bfast:pancakes
lunch:turkey sandwich
dinner:chicken with rice and peas

mon:
lunch:polo tropical chicken rice and beans
dinner:fish and potatoes

tue:
lunch:fruit
dinner: cant remember

wed:
bfast: lemons,necterines,etc. no cereal(i ran out)
dinner:spaghetti &chicken

thur:
bfast: fruits and english muffin
dinner:chicken and potatoes in baslamic vinegar

friday:
bfast: pancakes @ mcdoanlds
lunch: lots of fruit
dinner: chinese food/lo mein

days where i wrote nothing for lunch i most likely only had a protein shake. I have a protein shake w/ every meal and eat lots of fruit in the breakfast/lunch time.

View Post

You are really trying hard but here's my suggestions to clean it up a bit. Really try to stick with it if you want results:

NO more cereal unless it is 100% old fashioned oatmeal and you can add chopped apples, raisins and cinnamon NO SUGAR OR MILK ON IT

No more sandwich bread
No more pasta - spaghetti
No more pancakes
No more rice unless it is brown rice
No more potatoes
No sugar, honey, mollases, syrups

Aren't I picky??? Really though, the premise is the refined foods and breads, cereals, spaghetti, etc... is refined. You also need to read ingredients on soy milk as often it has "evaportated cane juice" which is eusa_doh.gif sugar. They try to pull that one on us.

If you MUST have bread, make sure it is really really good basic bread. Like Sugar Busters multigrain loaf or sprouted grain bread. If you MUST have spag. have 100% whole wheat. Have sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.

I hope you will consider these changes and will let others know if you do. Grains - you have too many grains. Replace these with broccoli, spinach, squash and other veggies and have lots of fruit.

Good going on getting rid of soda.

Bye for now.

#7 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(MacroMike @ Mar 26 2005, 09:22 AM)

View Post

First of all, that's far from a serious dieting plan. A serious dieting plan requires you to change quite a lot. From what you posted, your diet is high in refined carbs, sugars and dairy. You really need a lot of changes in your diet before you start seeing results, you can't just say remove bananas or drink lemon water and expect things to happen over the course of a few days. You gotta stick with things for weeks before you start seeing results.

#8 MacroMike

MacroMike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Mar 26 2005, 07:38 PM)
First of all, that's far from a serious dieting plan. A serious dieting plan requires you to change quite a lot. From what you posted, your diet is high in refined carbs, sugars and dairy. You really need a lot of changes in your diet before you start seeing results, you can't just say remove bananas or drink lemon water and expect things to happen over the course of a few days. You gotta stick with things for weeks before you start seeing results.

View Post

carbs are bad for acne? I'll keep sticking with this, i need to buy some more raisins and lemons.

#9 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

I wouldn't diss all those things too much. If they haven't worked for you it may be because there's something else in your life which is causing acne that those things aren't really helping. After all, we're all different. Different strokes for different folks.

I've tried the raisins thing, which helped. It isn't hard to see why -it's just getting more toxins out of your body due to the fact you'll have more bowl movements.

Lemons, and all bitter fruits help. The main reason is that they helps your kidney's etc, so you'll get more toxins out of your body through urination.

From own experience bananas aggrivate my acne. I have no idea why. I just don't eat them anymore. Better to be safe than sorry.

Water helps me a lot. Drinking mineral water lessens water retention which causes the sebum canals to clog easily (sounds like a paradox, but it's due to the fact the mineral water is not that same as the water you're retaining).

The oil swishing, that was mentioned on these boards, also helped. The logic is simple -it gets toxins out of your body. I have no idea why it works, but it seems to lessen my acne.

The raisins, water (i still drink 1.5 litres a day), oil swish and bitter fruits helped detoxify my body. But since I stopped intaking the things that toxified my body the most, wheat and dairy, I've not needed to use them so much.

Also since having diarreah (probably due to my fibre rich diet), and passing gallstones (i think), everything improved a lot, but not totally. I can only assume this is due to the fact my body's inners are more efficient at removing toxins from my body.

Oh, and there's been quite a few mentions of pancakes in this thread. Fair enough if they're made with goats milk and whole grain flour (not that i've tried goats milk or whole grain flour), but if not they're like a acne sufferers worst nightmare.