Photo

Help design a new diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Enox

Enox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

Hi, i like to make a new diet program for me to reduce my acne. I havent drank milk in months, but not much improvements... And im asian (korean specifically), so i eat like rice everyday lol, and i hear dats bad for you. I also eat meat everyday, beef...but my friend told me his dermatologist told him to avoid meat, so...i dont know whether i should or not.
My dad works at a nut health store thingy, so i get access to all kinds of nuts/berries/salads and stuff, so can u list what i should eat?, so far i been eating alot of salted roasted cashew nuts, raisins, cranberries, some almonds etc...

instead of rice and meat and stuff like dat, what else can i eat dats affordable, and easy to cook?...btw i goto school....so i dont eat their lunch, so my first meal would be at 6:30 in the morning, and 2nd meal at 3:30 in the afternoon.

any inputs would be glady appreciated.

btw are eggs considered dairy? cuz i love eggs...

#2 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

no high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils. that'll eliminate alot

#3 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:35 PM

Others would add no roasted nuts of any kind. I would personally say that you may want to watch your nut intake, especially cashews & peanuts-a legume (some of us avoid these) and a much fewer number of us avoid all nuts (incl. almonds) entirely.

I would not avoid meat unless you find that it's essential for you to do so. Others have found that when meat truly is problematic that they usually do just fine on organic meat.

Rice genrally is not bad for you, but depending on the type of rice it may have a higher insulin response in your system, which could be a problem for your skin. I'm currently experimenting with a variety of types of rice and I'm not noticing any effect yet, but brown rice is definately good. If you are eating white rice that is bleached, it may also be OK for you, but of course it's devoid of most of it's nutrients. So it's always better to go with whole grain rice when can, if for nothing else the fiber and nutrient content. What you may have heard most of us avoiding if not just simple refined carbs, are those that contain Wheat and/or Gluten grains. This is a presonal choice that you may find you need to make one day, but for now try seeing if just reducing your refined grain consumption, added sugars, trans fats, and fructose sugars (fruits are usually fine) is all you need.

If you can tolerate legumes and nuts continue eating them. The best way to eat these though are to ripen them by soaking or sprouting them for several hours or a day or two, and then cook or dry them accordingly. This aides in proper digestion & increased nutrient absorption, and also helps some people that couldn't have these in their unripened state. The same goes for soy, either soaked, sprouted, but I believe fermented is the prefered "safe" option.

Oh and nope, eggs are not dairy and as such you can usually consume them cooked (some people can't). There's even a new form of egg out now that contains extra Omega 3 and vitamin E, but it does cost twice as much as regular eggs. Of course if you are going to stay away from fried foods anyway, then paying double isn't as big of a deal since you may not eat eggs quite as often as you once did.

Best wishes

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#4 Heron

Heron

Quit thy childhood, my friend, and wake up!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

read this book,"8 weeks to optimum health" it has a great 8 week diet plan, although I am not sure if it will affect acne. but its a good thing to do anyways.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always.
- Mahatma Gandhi

#5 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:27 AM

I love the taste and texture of brown rice, but it takes so damn long to cook that I just reverted back to white basmati.

#6 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Heron @ Mar 25 2005, 01:41 PM)
read this book,"8 weeks to optimum health"  it has a great 8 week diet plan, although I am not sure if it will affect acne.  but its a good thing to do anyways.

View Post

do you have a link?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#7 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(conan @ Mar 26 2005, 02:27 AM)
I love the taste and texture of brown rice, but it takes so damn long to cook that I just reverted back to white basmati.

View Post

Yeah it definately grew on me too. Now white rice is soo bland ;-) I'm thinking about getting a rice cooker, perhaps that will shorten the hour it takes to cook!
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#8 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(SweetJade1980 @ Mar 26 2005, 01:00 PM)
Yeah it definately grew on me too.  Now white rice is soo bland  ;-)  I'm thinking about getting a rice cooker, perhaps that will shorten the hour it takes to cook!

View Post

Aw, an hour's not so bad! smile.gif You just put it on and then go about your business. I usually make twice as much as I need so I can make stir-fried rice and veggies the next night.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#9 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Mar 26 2005, 01:07 PM)
Aw, an hour's not so bad!  smile.gif  You just put it on and then go about your business.  I usually make twice as much as I need so I can make stir-fried rice and veggies the next night.

View Post

LOL, but sometimes you might forget and my rice tends to overboil (with the lid half over it) and that makes a mess so i'm constantly watching it. When I do cook twice as much thinking my parents will help me eat some, they don't and I never finish 8 servings in 3 days =(

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research: