Photo

Good Foods/Bad Foods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

Thanks

About the water supply, also having chlorine in the water is bad too. Basically any chemical in our body is bad basically. And to add Milk isnt good for you either and it doesnt help your bones grow. Watched the news a week ago and they did studies showing bown growth with and without milk, it did nothing not to mention their are chemicals in the dairy we eat. The steps from above go for any condition so cancer is just one out of many many.

Sorry to hear about your family and grandmother. That sucks so much. Thanks for your responce and good luck to you.

Sean

#22 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

And the sun doesnt cause cancer.

Err...

About the water supply, also having chlorine in the water is bad too.

So what's worse, pathogens in the water, or chlorine in the water from which our bodies can probably take the Cl- ions to use in the nervous system etc. ?

#23 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:02 PM

So what's worse, pathogens in the water, or chlorine in the water from which our bodies can probably take the Cl- ions to use in the nervous system etc. ?

They can saftly filter those things out. It make work for one thing but its still a chemical that was not made to be in our bodies. Swimming in chlorinated water is bad too because it gets in your skin and in your blood stream. No matter what, its a chemical.
It may clean the water but like anything with chemicals, it will eventually lead to side affects and disease (conditions).

Chlorinated drinking water is directly responsible for several problems including many cases of cancer in humans.

Animal studies by the Environmental Protection Agency have shown that drinking chlorinated water caused blood cholesterol to switch from high-density lipoproteins (the good guys) to low-density lipoproteins (the bad guys). Why the EPA doesn’t inform the public that our drinking water is contributing to the number one killer in our country, I’ll never understand.

But there’s more! In a back issue (May/June 1992) of Chemical Research In Toxicology, there is a report of the discovery that ingested chlorinated water alters and destroys essential unsaturated fatty acids!!

When water is treated with chlorine the compound "hypochlorite" is created. This compound creates free radicals which oxidize these essential fatty acids and cause them to turn rancid!

Remember, these fatty acids that are being destroyed are essential fatty acids. That means that the body must have them to survive and they’re not something the body can make.

They have to come from food.

Free radicals being created by chlorinated water are not only decreasing the ability of the body to get these essential fatty acids from food, but they’re also creating dangerous toxins that have been directly linked to liver malfunction, weakening of the immune system, changes in the arteries and alterations of cellular DNA.

Sean

#24 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(stillNotGetNnE @ Mar 26 2005, 02:02 PM)
They can saftly filter those things out.  It make work for one thing but its still a chemical that was not made to be in our bodies.  Swimming in chlorinated water is bad too because it gets in your skin and in your blood stream. No matter what, its a chemical.
It may clean the water but like anything with chemicals, it will eventually lead to side affects and disease (conditions).

Chlorinated drinking water is directly responsible for several problems including many cases of cancer in humans.

Animal studies by the Environmental Protection Agency have shown that drinking chlorinated water caused blood cholesterol to switch from high-density lipoproteins (the good guys) to low-density lipoproteins (the bad guys). Why the EPA doesn’t inform the public that our drinking water is contributing to the number one killer in our country, I’ll never understand.

But there’s more! In a back issue (May/June 1992) of Chemical Research In Toxicology, there is a report of the discovery that ingested chlorinated water alters and destroys essential unsaturated fatty acids!!

When water is treated with chlorine the compound "hypochlorite" is created. This compound creates free radicals which oxidize these essential fatty acids and cause them to turn rancid!

Remember, these fatty acids that are being destroyed are essential fatty acids. That means that the body must have them to survive and they’re not something the body can make.

They have to come from food.

Free radicals being created by chlorinated water are not only decreasing the ability of the body to get these essential fatty acids from food, but they’re also creating dangerous toxins that have been directly linked to liver malfunction, weakening of the immune system, changes in the arteries and alterations of cellular DNA.
Sean

View Post

While I do hear your concern for CL (and Fl), not all parasites can be filtered through. So when it comes to this, just use a water purifier, take heavy metol detoxing herbs (some we cook with). take daily heavy metal detoxifiers and/or and do a periodic heavy metal detox cleanse.
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#25 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

I'd still like you to elaborate on the revelation that the sun doesn't cause cancer.

#26 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:00 PM

I'd still like you to elaborate on the revelation that the sun doesn't cause cancer.

The sun is the most healthy thing we can have. Skin cancer is a new phenomenon over the past 50 or so years. People use to eat mostly a plant based diet, fresh fruits and veg from their gardens, whole grains. But today people are gorging down meat, processed meat filled with fillers, coloring, tasting chemicals as well as the other food with chemicals. Todays food is basically chemicals. Its been studied by whomever as well as by Dr day and her facts that they took a studY for Animals, gave them the highly nutricious diet and some with the standard American diet and both were exposed to the UV rays of the sun. The ones with the highly nutricious diet didnt get skin cancer or any of types of cancer. But the ones with the standard American diet did. Because of the food, its weakening our immune systems and our body cant protect itself from the sun because were not healthy, were filled with toxins which lets in those uv rays and causes cancer. Not to mention the lotions that are put on the skin esp the sp15 etc, that stuff will get into your skin and blood stream and exposed by sun for a long enough time, you get skin cancer. And those people that get tans by the tanners is basically radiating your body which destroys the outer layer of the skin etc. You dont eat right which most done these days, even Im not 100% healthy but Im getting their. You prob will get skin cancer if you expose yourself alot to it.

Sean

#27 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:36 PM

Chlorine also causes candida to flourish in the gut. It's really not good for you at all. Almost all synthetic chemicals are pro-estrogenic and mimic human hormones.

#28 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

the ridiculousness of this section of acne.org is nothing short of amazing.

honestly. absolutely mind boggling. teenagers and young adults attempting to adhere to stricter diets than anybody elsei n the world, all the while probably causing more acne than anything food will by the amount of stress they put on themselves for eating a piece of pizza.

#29 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

People ate meat back then, the neanderthals ate meat. Meat has always been a staple of of the diet of modern man and thier ancestors. Please for the love of god quit harping on meat with false history. If you actually had facts I maybe could respect you(I admit there are bad things about meat but you seem to choose the stupid arguments).

Skin cancer has only been around for 50 yrs? I'm not sure if there is a big enough rolleyes emoticon for this. Not only is this false but it's dangerous advise because then you make others assume that by eating certain things that your miracle doctor said you can get all the sun you want, to hell with the SPF lotions. In fact it's those sunblock lotions that give you cancer right? Damn you Coppertone, damn you Bain de Soleil, damn you all to hell!!!!!

#30 valwen

valwen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

honestly. absolutely mind boggling. teenagers and young adults attempting to adhere to stricter diets than anybody elsei n the world

I dont think the acne diets here are extremely strict, but they may seems that way when you compare them to the typical western diet. But I understand where youre comming from--a drastic dietary change is probably not healthy for developing teenagers. This isnt related, but I remember reading somewhere that it would take 7 worlds the size of earth, to feed our whole population if everyone ate like americans.

#31 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(stillNotGetNnE @ Mar 26 2005, 10:55 AM)
Thanks

About the water supply, also having chlorine in the water is bad too. Basically any chemical in our body is bad basically. And to add Milk isnt good for you either and it doesnt help your bones grow.  Watched the news a week ago and they did studies showing bown growth with and without milk, it did nothing not to mention their are chemicals in the dairy we eat.  The steps from above go for any condition so cancer is just one out of many many.

Sorry to hear about your family and grandmother. That sucks so much. Thanks for your responce and good luck to you.

Sean

View Post

Well I can say 100% for sure that chlorine didn't contribute to my son's severe cystic acne because we live on a gravel road out in the middle of no where and we have well water. It has NO chlorine. It has been tested for toxic properties and has been said to be clean. Just thought I would put that out there.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#32 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(blahblahblah @ Mar 26 2005, 11:18 PM)
the ridiculousness of this section of acne.org is nothing short of amazing.

honestly. absolutely mind boggling. teenagers and young adults attempting to adhere to stricter diets than anybody elsei n the world, all the while probably causing more acne than anything food will by the amount of stress they put on themselves for eating a piece of pizza.

View Post

Oh but it is ok for them to take accutane, antibiotics, creams that cause birth defects, but question diet - they'll just be so unhealthy! Give me break. You aren't helping anybody with comments you have made. Is it unwise to remove food that is loaded with grease, sugar and chemicals? I don't think so. Look, some of these people are really trying hard to find control over this. It is not radical. Radical is popping pills that makes drug companies rich and doctors get perks. Radical is having nose bleeds, body aches, hair loss, frequent liver function tests, etc.... it is not radical to try and eat healthy. Once someone figures out what bothers their particular body chemistry then they can avoid those foods. They may get perks like weight loss, no more constipation, lower cholesterol, an increase in energy and of course less zits.

I think we should all work together to find the answers. I don't know it all. I know this. My son and MANY others have changed the maps of their faces by avoiding crap food. Why are you even reading in diet/holistic if you aren't interested in doing the same? I really hope you will encourage these people from now on.

What's your story? Are you clear? wink.gif
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#33 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:58 PM

been clear for quite awhile, hence my very infrequent visits to this board. and, to top if off, i still eat whatever i want smile.gif i was actually worse off hwen i was trying to eat so perfectly, and was one of those "OMFG ITS DAIRY, SUGAR, GOOD GOD RUN, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" people.

i think its great that you and others have gotten clear from eating like your in a no-bad food prison. swish oil, eat raisins, flush your liver, avoid everything except soy protein, etc. thats great!

but, i'll have fun sitting here drinking a beer, eating a pizza, yet having the complexion of a 1 year old, all because i apply a cream at night smile.gif

recently got a commercial job, and the makeup we used was so minimal, the stylist said it was a lot less needed than most peoples shes worked with. ah, refreshing cool.gif

#34 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(blahblahblah @ Mar 29 2005, 03:58 PM)
been clear for quite awhile, hence my very infrequent visits to this board. and, to top if off, i still eat whatever i want smile.gif i was actually worse off hwen i was trying to eat so perfectly, and was one of those "OMFG ITS DAIRY, SUGAR, GOOD GOD RUN, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" people.

i think its great that you and others have gotten clear from eating like your in a no-bad food prison. swish oil, eat raisins, flush your liver, avoid everything except soy protein, etc. thats great!

but, i'll have fun sitting here drinking a beer, eating a pizza, yet having the complexion of a 1 year old, all because i apply a cream at night smile.gif

recently got a commercial job, and the makeup we used was so minimal, the stylist said it was a lot less needed than most peoples shes worked with. ah, refreshing  cool.gif

View Post

You are not contributing anything to this board with your attitude. Sorry - but it is true.

Diet might not have helped or hurt you, but it is something everyone suffering from acne should have the opportunity to read about, ponder, learn about and discuss. Why if it weren’t for this board there might be many who would have never made the connection. How bad was your acne? Did you have piles of cysts? Maybe you can sit and laugh and eat your pizza and drink your beer, but diet isn’t just about acne. It is about being healthy. These people are trying to help themselves. I am 46 years old; I have studied nutrition for the past 20+ years, I exercise, I think positively and I eat healthy except on special occasions like vacations and holidays. I still wear a size 0 jeans, my cholesterol is 141 and my mother died from obesity related diabetes at age 69. Gene wise, my mother and I were very similar – we looked alike, were built alike, etc…. but I decided to do everything in my power to put health first. That is what all this discussion is about and if you can’t contribute intelligently then why are you here? To poke fun? To act smart? You are just taking up space and you are pissing me off.
mad.gif

Mark Twain

#35 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:36 AM

waa! lol.gif

#36 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(blahblahblah @ Mar 30 2005, 10:36 AM)
waa!  lol.gif

View Post

I am glad I made you laugh. Let's get along ok? People are great and I have yet to meet a single person I can't find some connection with if they are willing to try also. I bet we already have a connection - we are both stubborn! wink.gif

Mark Twain