Photo

Good Foods/Bad Foods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

I read everywhere where people have problems with certain foods and stuff etc and some are fine for everyone. I was wondering if you could list for me What Foods, Fruits and Veg are good for acne and What ones are not, and which ones are 50 50 for some people... I dont eat meat anymore (Because for obv reasons its not good for you) I drink only water now, and V8 when i get it.

Thanks

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

Lol meat is obviously bad for you? Please explain because I obviously missed what was so obvious about it.

Just seems kind of funny that your hating on all meat when out of all the liquids besides water to drink you choose V8. Close to 700mg of sodium per serving, hardly any antioxidants found in a normal serving of veggies after bottling. Do you wonder why they aren't allowed to make health claims on the label? Why they have to resort to ads?

Sorry to be so harsh but a lot of people here seem to have taken the other extreme as far as food goes. Yes milk isn't that great for you in the states due to bad practices but substituting it with equal amounts of soy has just as many problems. Whole books have been written on the dangers by vegetarians that know better(Search Amazon). Yes, some meat is bad. Despite what many say chicken fed on grass and grains are just as healthy as those fed on grass. It's when you add animal feed into the mix when it gets bad. The amount of hormones found in a steak is thousands of times less than what a female produces, yes thousands, and most countries don't allow even that.

Here's some great advise I made up just now and it applies to anything. If you get frostbite, it would be very stupid to pour very hot water on yourself to thaw it out. The right answer is always in between.

#3 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(stillNotGetNnE @ Mar 25 2005, 01:49 AM)
I read everywhere where people have problems with certain foods and stuff etc and some are fine for everyone.  I was wondering if you could list for me What Foods, Fruits and Veg are good for acne and What ones are not, and which ones are 50 50 for some people... I dont eat meat anymore (Because for obv reasons its not good for you) I drink only water now, and V8 when i get it.

Thanks

View Post

The main diet that works for people, including some people on these boards (including me) is taking out refined, processed, just foods not found in the natural form. A food high in vegetables, fruits, not dairy because of all the hormones added to it and from the cow already. It is basically a diet that is "not-western". You taking out meat, and substituting it for soy will really not help acne. Not to mention soy is really not great (again unless it is found in the natural form). Soy milk, etc. has phytoestrogen, which replaces estrogen. So it is obviously not the best. I do eat canned beans, to get protein because I am a vegetarian (which is not found in it's natural form). Fish is good for you, and some chicken. Red meat is not great for you, as I am sure you may know, unless you are trying to get zinc out of foods. You need to research, and experiment with foods that are right for YOU. Start with raw veggies, fruit, and water (cut out the V8), and if you eat beans, make sure you wash them good. Hope this helps!

RULES TO LIVE BY

Boxers are cool until things dangle. Sometimes that is the best part.

Orange toe nails are for black ladies.

Snorting prozac to get high is not wise.

Triple inverse and long exchange traded funds deviate to zero with volatility.

Conversations you have with friends are never funny to others. Keep them to yourself.

Retelling movie clips that are "funny" ruins them. You look like an ass.

Soy vanilla decaf venti lattes are 4.65 at Starbucks and 5 dollars at Barnes and Noble.

#4 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

no hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup
only organic

shop whole foods

#5 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

the reason meat is bad for you and most of todays food, if you have heard of dr laraign day, kevin troudo, you will know what im talking about.

Any kind of meat isnt good for you, it has pestasides and all kinds of diseases in it. THe animals eat pesticides in their food, crap, etc and goes to their muscles and we eat their muscles. Theres more to it but overall its just not good for you, its whats causing most of the diseases today. Back then people were more whole fruits and veg, and grain, plant base diet and today people are downing on meat. And I belive everything they have said because I have had cancer, when I was 14 and I had to go through chemo and radiation for 4 months. I have acne now. I used so much crap it dont work.

I finally decided to start drinking only water, fruits and veg, and my face although its not clear, I hardly get white heads and my face feels normal but it still is crap. But I feel better, Im not tired. Your body looses about 8-10 glasses of water a day. So many people are dehydrated, manurished, and stressed from todays technology. Theres way more to it, she basically deals with health and cancer and basically the food we eat is all chemicals which is true esp todays fast food. Check it out. You might not get it but I changed alot of stuff and I feel alot better and I plan on getting some whole fruit, min, veg called ruby reds, and her fibre cleanse. I think based off what she has said about the cleansing is it will help your face because it cleans out the body etc and your colon. And I was thinking when I eat alot more and I mean alot to where I have to go to the bathroom, atleast once-twice a day, my face gets better. But I usually go every other day or every two days. Kinda said. I go number one fine because I drink 8-10 glasses of natural spring water a day. My face gets really good, close to nothing and then back to crap. Now in my opinion having cancer and eating all that junk when I grew up, not really a healthy food, staying up late, not drinking any water. It eventually caught up to me. But it is reversable, most diseases are reversable but they dont tell you that. Now the way I grew up is a result of my acne. So if I get some proper nutrition on top of my daily ruby reds and fibre cleanse Im sure my face will clear up.

Check Dr Day out, and Kevin Troudo. I got his book and I tell everyone about him but they either dont believe it or just lazy and its those people that dont take the time to read this or simple because their on a infomercial or their busy or lazy. Those people to me are close minded and ignorant. This stuff is important. But thats me.

Sean

#6 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(stillNotGetNnE @ Mar 25 2005, 07:03 AM)
the reason meat is bad for you and most of todays food, if you have heard of dr laraign day, kevin troudo, you will know what im talking about.

Any kind of meat isnt good for you, it has pestasides and all kinds of diseases in it.  THe animals eat pesticides in their food, crap, etc and goes to their muscles and we eat their muscles. Theres more to it but overall its just not good for you, its whats causing most of the diseases today. 
Sean

View Post

even organic free-range?

#7 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:43 PM

Im not sure what that means.

Sean

#8 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

Lol, first of all your history about only eating plants and whatnot is wrong, completely(The lobrary is a wonderful source of info on history). Secondly, if you want to argue about pesticides, you have to make that argument for EVERY SINGLE FOOD that isn't organic(Organic is also a very abritrary term and people can get away with a lot by saying thier product is organic and natural when it is far from it). Are you willing to do that because I will hold you to it in the rest of your posts. If you believe that all meat has diseases then why did you eat raw meat?
Why do people cook the meat I wonder?

Trust me I've heard what you've had to say 100x on this board, it's nothing new.

Also, you know first hand what chemo does to you and yet I don't see any blame for your problems on that.

I'll also say that getting cancer at 14 and blaming it on food makes you seem like you're reaching for straws.

This board is getting more and more radical. It seems the days of smart arguments by posters like sweetjade and the like are reaching an end(If she leaves I think this board is going to turn into a huge shitstorm of misinformation). What many fail to consider is that health is wholistic. Diet is only one link. Diet alone will not make you healthy. Exercise alone will not make you healthy nor will mental health or genetics. It seems like the diet/wholistic forum is turned into the diet only forum. There is a multiplier effect when you add all these together that is much greater than any individual one.

#9 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:05 PM

Organic means they're fed on food grown without the use of pesticides.

Free range means they're allowed to run around outside like all animals should be, not cooped up inside little cages.

#10 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

People are doing other things on this board other than liver flushes, megadosing on b5, accutane, antibiotics, etc. Taking out a lot of things that are unhealthy from your diet will help everything, including skin, it has and is helping me at the moment (but I have been doing it for only like 2 weeks so I do not have sufficient experience to post), but there are some who have totally cleared their acne. You may say this is not so, and you will eat whatever you want, that is fine, nobody is telling you to stop eating what you like. We are just experimenting, and for some it is working. So maybe the person who posted above would like to as well. I agree sweetjade is very knowledgeable. And by the way, we are not saying diet is the cause of acne, nor are we saying exercise will cure acne, or are we saying only meat has pesticides in them.

RULES TO LIVE BY

Boxers are cool until things dangle. Sometimes that is the best part.

Orange toe nails are for black ladies.

Snorting prozac to get high is not wise.

Triple inverse and long exchange traded funds deviate to zero with volatility.

Conversations you have with friends are never funny to others. Keep them to yourself.

Retelling movie clips that are "funny" ruins them. You look like an ass.

Soy vanilla decaf venti lattes are 4.65 at Starbucks and 5 dollars at Barnes and Noble.

#11 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(stillNotGetNnE @ Mar 25 2005, 06:43 PM)
Im not sure what that means.

Sean

View Post

free-range:

All animals are allowed (and encouraged) to wander freely in large herds, without being penned in. They can grow at their own pace, as nature intended, slowly and free from artificial growth promoters, added hormones and antibiotics.

#12 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:20 PM

What is organic food?

Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides; fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Before a product can be labeled "organic," a Government-approved certifier inspects the farm where the food is grown to make sure the farmer is following all the rules necessary to meet USDA organic standards. Companies that handle or process organic food before it gets to your local supermarket or restaurant must be certified, to

#13 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Mar 25 2005, 12:56 PM)
This board is getting more and more radical. It seems the days of smart arguments by posters like sweetjade and the like are reaching an end(If she leaves I think this board is going to turn into a huge shitstorm of misinformation). What many fail to consider is that health is wholistic. Diet is only one link. Diet alone will not make you healthy. Exercise alone will not make you healthy nor will mental health or genetics. It seems like the diet/wholistic forum is turned into the diet only forum. There is a multiplier effect when you add all these together that is much greater than any individual one.

View Post

I agree, and that is very unfortunate. I speak of what I know and if I ever found a supplement, liver detox, or did enough liver flushes to help me, I would speak just as strongly and passionately about those as well. In the mean time I research, try to see if there's validity in other's research or theories, and try to offer what I happen to currently know the most about. If I ever found a liver flush or detox to be beneficial to me I would mention it, but again, I am concerned about those that are much younger than I foolishly jumping on them without researching (for days or weeks) on the subject. I also don't always suggest supplements over dietary changes because well...diet in the long run is cheaper if they are capable of doing it 100% through diet and exercise. However whatever their method of treatment is, supplements, medication, or diets I will offer what knowledge I have, but I too am missing those knowledgable members that utilized other alternative treatment methods.
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#14 lauryn

lauryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(SweetJade1980 @ Mar 25 2005, 09:49 PM)
I agree, and that is very unfortunate.  I speak of what I know and if I ever found a supplement, liver detox, or did enough liver flushes to help me, I would speak just as strongly and passionately about those as well.  In the mean time I research, try to see if there's validity in other's research or theories, and try to offer what I happen to currently know the most about.  If I ever found a liver flush or detox to be beneficial to me I would mention it, but again, I am concerned about those that are much younger than I foolishly jumping on them without reasearching (for days or weeks) on the subject.  I also don't always suggest supplements over dietary changes because well...diet in the long run is cheaper if they are capable of doing it 100% through diet and exercise.  However whatever their method of treatment is,  supplements, medication, or diets I will offer what knowledge I have, but I too am missing those knowledgable members that ustilized other alternative treatment methods.

View Post

everyone likes sweetjade's advice

#15 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:57 PM

For me.

Bad food
- Bread (not sure about whole grain)
- Dairy
- Bananas
- Guinness or an excess of beer
- Tinned tuna
- Pasta

Good
- All vegetables
- All fruits (except bananas) esp. bitter fruits as they help the liver/kidneys
- Olive oil

The worst thing about my diet is the fact I cant really eat any grains. im experimenting with chinese food -just having meat with vegs (no rice or anything wheaty of course!!). Going ok so far.

#16 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(lauryn @ Mar 25 2005, 04:52 PM)
everyone likes sweetjade's advice

View Post

True. Sweet Jade tells it like it is, but in a very nice way.

eusa_dance.gif
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#17 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

Lol, first of all your history about only eating plants and whatnot is wrong, completely(The lobrary is a wonderful source of info on history). Secondly, if you want to argue about pesticides, you have to make that argument for EVERY SINGLE FOOD that isn't organic(Organic is also a very abritrary term and people can get away with a lot by saying thier product is organic and natural when it is far from it). Are you willing to do that because I will hold you to it in the rest of your posts. If you believe that all meat has diseases then why did you eat raw meat?
Why do people cook the meat I wonder?

Trust me I've heard what you've had to say 100x on this board, it's nothing new.

Also, you know first hand what chemo does to you and yet I don't see any blame for your problems on that.

I'll also say that getting cancer at 14 and blaming it on food makes you seem like you're reaching for straws.

Your right though, diet isnt the only thing, neither is exersize but a combination of things. What I gathered so far from Dr days 10 things. Are Diet - no meat - only fruits and veg and whole foods and grains, exersize, sleeping right 9,10pm - 6-7am, Fresh air (yea polution but getting outside in the air is far more healthier than inside) Sunlight (Sunlight decreses the growth of tumors and sun does not cause cancer), Attitude, and drinking water. Thats about 6,7 out of the 10 shes mentioned but its better than nothing.

Then how do we get disease? huh? It doesnt just appear. Our bodies are more complex and simple than we think.

You dont know me so I dont understand why your saying its reaching for straws. IT IS the food we eat BUT its not 100% just that. This may be all my opinion but one day people will understand.

I grew up with alot of stress. No father, no mother, no support, no love, and abuse. I stayed up late alot and staying up late isnt good for the body and theirs proof of it. Look it up, even check Dr Day. I was eating the wrong foods and meat. Meat has WAY more pesticides on it than fruits and veg combined that have pesticides. Meat isnt good for you because animals will eat things with pesticides, and bugs, their crap, and that gets absorbed into their muscle and we eat that muscle. Of all it is pretty simple to understand. Everyone should be sleeping by 10, because the growing hormones (which is fact) are produced between 10pm and 2am. People that work at night and sleep during the day will have more disease than if it was the normal way around. Most of todays world, the US is fast fast fast processed food which is JUST chemicals. They heat the ingridients which kills the food and enzymes for our body (Prooven) Look it up if you want. You cant say Im reaching for straws because you dont know how I grew and my past and what I went through. Cancer is caused by stress, manutritian and dehydration. I drank hardly any water at all. When most people are sick, its an indication that their body is thirsty for water. You need to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water a day because your body looses that. Now for food you should eat raw veg and fruits without cooking them. Food today is heated to kill the bacteria and frozen and then reheatign to heat which is basically eating dead food that does nothing which makes our body have to produce the enzymes we dont have. Polutiion is a big thing but plays a small part in getting any disease. Should get enough sunlight. And the sun doesnt cause cancer. Putting on all those lotions today does. Now Im not saying youll get cancer the next day. We do this to our selves over a long time of period. Ever hear the saying, you are what you eat. Well thats true. Putting all those lotions that are filled with chemicals that you wouldnt eat. You cant eat it, dont put it on your skin. Your skin absorbes that which Gets into the blood stream... But also Meat causes the skin cancer. In the 1800... we went from a plant based die to eating meat meat meat today. Processed meat, Mcdonalds, fast food. Its all filled with chemicals, fillers, peticides, food color..think about, really think about it. Skin cancer is a new condition. Now when I grew I ate alot of microwave food which is basically dead food on top of radiated food, junk food, I ate food but it was chemically dead food with meat. In result when I hit puberty which is wear alot of stuff happens... is when I got my cancer. Burkets Lymphoma. Spent four months in the hospital. My family was never really their, 4 times for an hour out of the four months, yea they feel bad but my mom chose to visit her boyfriend more than me. I basically grew up on my own. And this isnt some pitty post. Im telling you about my life and my experiances. The chemo you asked made me sick obv but when I was done, I have been sick all the time, either just a runny nose, to throwing up. That slowly just adapted to being in the winter. Its been 5 years and I got really sick last September again. I was always tired and I ate the food, I changed to eating hardly any junk and crap food. But still wasnt good enough. Until September, I havent eaten meat, I drink nothing but water, I do the best I can even though the friuts and veg Im eating having crap in it but its not as much at all than meat and those are chemically foods and crap. All chemo does is changes the location of the disease. Now Im not going to wait to find out what else I could get if I continue. Cancer is a diease, well condition so why throw in chemo and radiation, radiation causes cancer so why do it. Chemo is chemical. Its kind of pathetic the way things are going. Im not tired anymore, Im dont get sick anymore. But I find when I dont go to bed by 12 I get a runny nose the next day. I did this alot to see what happens. I go to sleep earlier. And like I said I feel better, Im not tired and I dont get sick. Oh and my face is clearer and I dont have the pain I did have putting all that crap on my skin. And I had ADD after I went through chemo because obv it weakened so much and on top of the way I was eating. I couldnt concentrate in class, pay attention, my mind and eyes couldnt stay still. I started drinking water and that almost went away until recently changing the meat etc I dont have that feeling anymore. I dont have add. The reason babies are born with cancer is the way the mother ate during and prob before pregnacy. Obv her toxins and the way she eats gets absorbed to the baby. My brother and sister are basically going through the same thing I went through eccept they hardly eat anything But junk so I will say they will get cancer around the age I did give or take a couple years. And cancer doesnt run in the geins, nothing does. There are very few that do. It runs in the family but not by genes, but by the way we live. Mother teachers daughter how to live life and handle stress and mother teachers her kids how to live life and handle stress. My grandmother hardly eats meat, she hasnt gotten anything. Shes somewhat healthy. My mother got cancer, basically a result of drinking too much, smoking, staying up all night and the way she ate and whatever else. Shes alive but she not doing well because of her drinking but thats her problem not mine. Ever cancer is different because we do things different. My life and style wont be the same as everyone else thats why their are different types of cancers today. There are different chemicals that taken over amount of time will affect a different body part resulting in whatever kind of cancer. Geoes for any disease. My friend has type 2 diabetes and I told her about Dr day and Kevin troudou and shes taken acouple products from Dr Day and changed her eating and her type 2 diabetes is going way. Its awesome. We are all eating plenty but not the right foods. Most MS symptoms are causing by a food additive. Medication just covers the problem. If you have a headache you take an asprin, thats not because you have a asprin deffientcy, someone on the inside is obv wrong. Taking pills over masked the problem. Acid reflex, I had that for alittle while too, thats because I wasnt getting enough acid in my body, not because I had too much. The acid reflex pills all they do is (Because the body has to produce them because your not getting acid which causes the pain) the pills just get rid of all the acid in you which then your body goes "OH NO, NO ACID, and fills the body with acid which makes the pain go away but eventually back to step one which leaves you taking those med for life which you shouldnt have to. I know alot more but I dont know what else to say. But my acne is not becaue my dad had it bad but because of all the toxins in my body and colin from all the crap eating over time. I just started taking Ruby reds and Im going to order Dr days detox etc stuff and see how that goes for my face and it will benefit me anyway and I will tell you guys if anything changed which it should but like anything it wont change in one day it will take a few months. Dr days cancer didnt reverse itself until 8 months. People are being warped into believing medication and drugs are the ansnwer so seeing dr day and other natural experts and researches they throw it out the window. To me those people are close minded and ignorant. Not to mention The past month, I go over my friends house every thursday - sunday and stay over. His parents have bronkitis(sp) and were sick, his father was throwing up, and now my friend Tom is sick too, not as bad but thats for other reasons. On and off when I come home my mas boyfriend is sick throwing up, my brother and sister are sick and my mom but for some ODD reason IM not and I still havent. Thats because my immune system is getting stronger and Im changing the way I eat and live. My eye sight has actually improved as well. If you have any other questions, I try and answer to the best of my knowledge of what I know already and my experiances and continue to find out.

Sean

#18 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:10 AM

Sean, I think you're on the right road and I hope for your continued success and recovery. You should be very proud of yourself for overcoming so many obstacles at such a young age. You're also expressing your beliefs in a very kind, gentle way - and there's a LOT to be said for that. You are wise beyond your years!

#19 stillNotGetNnE

stillNotGetNnE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

Thank you.

Sean

#20 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:45 AM

Sean, thanks so much for sharing your life experiences. I wish you complete and total recovery and healing.

It's funny that you mentioned the cancer thing. People like to downplay the pesticides and chemicals that are in our food and water supply. While I don't believe we should be paranoid, I do believe we should be informed. My grandmother had 8 siblings and they grew up near a cotton mill; a place that could probably be described as a cancer cluster waiting to happen. Evidently they dumped all sorts of toxic chemicals into the water supply and guess what? Out of 8 siblings, guess how many *DIDN'T* die of cancer? 2, that's how many. My grandmother just died last year but guess what? She had CRIPPLING arthritis just about her whole adult life. Her hands were totally deformed and she was in terrible pain all the time. Although she was never diagnosed with cancer, she still had an immune system breakdown and her quality of life was terrible.

Again......all due to bleaching agents and other toxic chemicals being dumped in water.

It is good to be equipped with information; knowledge is key. If people decide not to eat meat, imho it's up to them. I'm not a vegetarian but when i do eat meat, I do try to eat meat that is free range as much as possible.