Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Multivitamin?

9 posts in this topic

What I don't understand about multivitamins is why they give you 100% of the RDA for most, if not all vitamins. Do they expect you to not eat anything nutritious for the whole day?

What dyu recommend? I am using Tescos probiotics at the mo...

Plaquoid-mucous cleansing-type junk, liver flushing, colloidal silver, coral calcium... these are definitely NOT part of my regimen

I'm worried about ingesting a great deal more than 100% of the RDA for substances like iron, since I eat 7-8 portions of fruits/vegetables every day.

I'm worried about ingesting a great deal more than 100% of the RDA for substances like iron, since I eat 7-8 portions of fruits/vegetables every day.

Plaquoid-mucous cleansing-type junk, liver flushing, colloidal silver, coral calcium... these are definitely NOT part of my regimen

i use selenium immuneace. It has all the good vitimins A to E and also it has many other extras including selenium. This is very helpful.

There are excellent but rather expensive.

Another option is the Centrum barnd.

Anyone and everyone who has acne should not only be taking a multivitamin but supplementing with additional quantities of:

beta-carotene/vitamin A (equivalent to 50,000IU/day) -- unless on Accutane

vitamins B (2 tablets B-Complex/day)

C (1-3g/day)

E (800IU-1200IU/day)

zinc (50-100mg/day)

selenium (200-400micrograms/day)

chromium (2 tablets/day)

saw palmetto 4-6 capsules/day for males

chastetree berry 4-6 capsules/day for females

acidophiuls 1 capsule with breakfast, lunch and dinner

I challenge anyone with mild to moderate acne who does not currently supplement to take the above daily supplementation program EXACTLY as detailed and to call me a sissybitch if they do not experience significant improvement in their acne after at least 3 weeks of consistent use.

I'm struggling to find a multivitamin that doesn't contain iron, but does contain selenium. I'll have to try the nearest Health Food shop.