Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nutritional Yeast

10 posts in this topic

Anyone use this? I'm thinking of slowly adding it to my diet, maybe by mixing a spoon with juice because it's such a good source of B-vitamins and other nutrients as well. I'm looking at Kal Nutritional Flakes, anyone use this brand? What's the taste like and how about it affecting your acne?

I love nutritional yeast, if for nothing else than the taste. I have no idea what brand I get because I buy it in bulk. It's delicious sprinkled on steamed veggies with a little tamari. I put it on salad sometimes. It's great on popcorn, pasta (kind of like a parmesan sub), soup. I could put it on just about every entree I eat, but I usually limit it to one meal a day.

Some people have problems with yeasts, and I guess one should avoid it if they have candida, but other than that, it is a good source of b vitamins, esp. for vegans.

yup candida feeds on undigested food. so some people digest...ugh sorry i can't explain this well tongue.gif

visit askshelley.com

yup candida feeds on undigested food. so some people digest...ugh sorry i can't explain this well tongue.gif

visit askshelley.com

Wow, maybe I need to check what brand is in the bulk bin at my healthfood store; make sure it has B12.

Wow, maybe I need to check what brand is in the bulk bin at my healthfood store; make sure it has B12.

I don't take a multi vitamin, but do take a b-complex, though not religiously.

The yeast is really good on popcorn, and you're right, it is kind of a cheesy, buttery flavor; a good parmesan substitute.

Well, I picked up some nut. yeast at the store today. I got a whole 32 cents worth just to try it out and it tastes pretty good along with having a really nice aroma. It's sort of a melange of butter and cheese flavors.