vitamin vitamins vitamin b

2 replies to this topic

#1 johnny cruze

johnny cruze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hi, this is my first post! Awesome site!

OK, I am a firm believer that diet plays a role in one's acne. I've noticed with an increased intake of water, less dairy and less sweets, my complexion and acne has improved.

However, there's one problem. I don't know what to eat! Seriously, I've become so aware of what I eat that recently I've avoided everything. This can become stressful, especially after a long day of school and work and having to settle for an apple as a meal.

Here's a rundown of what I've been eating for the past week (it REALLY helped improve my acne):
-1 apple every day
-1 carrot every day
-1 bowl of salad every day
-1 bowl of green peppers every day
-1 orange every day
- 1 vitamin B6 (not B5; never tried B5)
- sardines twice a week with red tomatoes
- shrimp (non-fried) once a week with salad
- 8 cups of water a day
- bowl of peanuts and raisins every other day
- absolutely NO chips, cake, ice cream, pasta, cereal
- my mom usually makes soup and steamed chicken at least once a week

As you can imagine, it becomes difficult when I get my sugar craze (every few hours). When this happens, I'll eat a small (the smallest type) of 3 Musketeers. So I'll eat maybe 3-4 miniture 3 Musketeers a day.

Also, how do you get your intake of carbohydrates? Chips and cookies are a source of carbs, but no way will I eat it. How many grams of carbs it too much? Like, my mom bought me "Mini Rice Cakes"; it has 14g of carbs. Is that too much?

Also, one more question: where do you get your source of protein? It's hard to find something that isn't loaded with carbs and sugars.

I hope y'all respond. I'd really appreciate your input.

#2 zack1234

zack1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

Meat is the best source of protein...chicken, tuna are the two I like which are very good source of protein. Also, if you dont eat meat, you can buy those protein shakes which contain 20-30 grams of protein in one drink. But only a porition of the protein will be absored by your body the rest will be urinated after 45 minutes. So the best is chicken/tuna.

#3 johnny cruze

johnny cruze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(zack1234 @ Mar 20 2005, 09:47 PM)
Meat is the best source of protein...chicken, tuna are the two I like which are very good source of protein. Also, if you dont eat meat, you can buy those protein shakes which contain 20-30 grams of protein in one drink. But only a porition of the protein will be absored by your body the rest will be urinated after 45 minutes. So the best is chicken/tuna.

View Post

I'd like to avoid eating too much fish; I think sardines 2-3 times a week and shrimp once a week may be too much as it is. I'd eat tuna and such everyday but I don't want to get mercury poisioning.

The protien shake sounds like a great idea. I've never tried one before. Is one protein shake less healthy than another? Would it be alright as a breakfast?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users