3 replies to this topic

#1 rowan

rowan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

My daughter plays fast pitch softball;

She is 17 and a pitcher. She plays at a very competitive level. Although her face is fairly easy to control against breakouts I have noticed that she tends to break out on her back. I am wondering if this is because of her sport. Being a fast pitch pitcher. I have not read anything about this so I am now just posting. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

That's where she does a huge windmill type move with her arm to the the ball up to speed correct? If so, there will be pressure and rubbing of the jersey against her back, mostly around her upper back. That could be her problem. That's how most people in sports get acne, from contact and rubbing of equipment and jerseys.

Exercise itself doesn't cause acne and you wouldn't live a very long life if you didn't do any exercise because you might break out.

#3 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

Nope. I think studies even show that sweating perspiration out is better not only for the skin but also for the whole physical well-being. There's nothing to worry about, exercise is healthy. smile.gif

#4 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(rowan @ Mar 19 2005, 09:16 PM)
My daughter plays fast pitch softball;

She is 17 and a pitcher.  She plays at a very competitive level.  Although her face is fairly easy to control against breakouts I have noticed that she tends to break out on her back.  I am wondering if this is because of her sport.  Being a fast pitch pitcher.  I have not read anything about this so I am now just posting.   Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

View Post

Yeah there's a type of acne known as acne mechinica and that's basically acne that develops from friction, rubbing due to sports helmets, etc. So it's possible this may be what's causing your daughter's acne or it could be due to the type of detergeant or fabric softner you use. There's several possible reasons here and another may be that it's just where she naturally breaks out, but in general, nah, exercising is one of the best things one can do for their skin. Although some members feel that the sweat could be causing the breakouts for them, so if your daughter doesn't have the opportunity to shower right away, perhaps using some sort of salicylic acid facial pads or body spray on her back til she can may help.

Best wishes
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users