Photo

Green stool...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi,
Since i am now eating loads more green leafy foods and loads of veggies my stool is now sort of greeny brown colour eusa_sick.gif, i know its gross.
Is this to do with it not being digested properly?
Is there anything that i can do?

Thanks for any help,
Tom
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

That's normal. That's the color your poopy is supposed to be.

#3 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:11 PM

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up for me smile.gif.

Tom

#4 valwen

valwen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:20 PM

When you alter your diet by adding high fiber foods, the pressure within the colon is reduced, stools loosen, and you may get constipated. The colon is responsible for removing water from waste. When the waste moves through the colon too quickly, the colon isnt able to absorb as much water.

Oh, and btw... the opposite is true when people dont take enough fiber...the body has a hard time eliminating waste...

"The straining produces pressure on all of the abdominal wall, forcing the development of hernias, varicose veins (due to pressure on the long veins of the legs)" lol.gif

http://www.wehealny....o/dietaryfiber/

If you reduce the amount of fiber in your diet by eating less vegtables/fruits, those symptoms will go away in a few days. You can continue to alter the fiber your diet gradually without everdoing it.

#5 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

Thanks alot for that info, much appreciated. smile.gif

Tom

#6 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

I noticed that the more I flushed, the more my stools became dark and green. Then I read that that meant that my bile flow was improving. I do notice that the better I eat, that my stools are darkish green.

Man! The stuff we talk about on this board!!!!!! YEESH! eusa_doh.gif

#7 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:34 AM

That's normal. That's the color your poopy is supposed to be.

Is that factual? *scared* I must be the unhealthiest then if that's the case. All my poo poo are brown... sad.gif

#8 Guppylips

Guppylips

Sensitive Skin Sufferer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:53 AM

Okay, this is a bit disgusting but I'll give it a go...

Your poo can change color from almost anything in your diet (especially if you're not doing a cleanse). A huge culprit that people might not be aware of are artificial dyes. Certain Red and Blue dyes can make your poo bright green! These dyes are common in fruit loop cereals, Fruity Pebbles, and Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid.

Check out this funny article:
http://www.pooprepor...nt/Dye/dye.html

If you're scared of the different color, change your diet for a couple days. If it's not serious, a change in diet should change the color. If it's something serious (like blood) then I'd get worried -- particularly if you have a history of color cancer in your family.
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh." --George Bernard Shaw

#9 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:27 AM

Well that is true Guppy, but if you don't have a lot of junk in your diet, then your stools should be darkish green. Clay colored stools are indicative of a lack of bile flow. If I make a fresh juice drink and I use some beets, of course my stools and even urine look bloody. eusa_doh.gif doubt.gif confused.gif

#10 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(WindWaker* @ Mar 18 2005, 02:36 PM)
Hi,
Since i am now eating loads more green leafy foods and loads of veggies my stool is now sort of greeny brown colour  eusa_sick.gif, i know its gross.
Is this to do with it not being digested properly?

View Post

No. It's because it was just recently St. Patrick's day! cool.gif

#11 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:59 PM

Most poop is brown because of bilirubin. This is the products of your liver, marrow,etc... no longer needing red blood cells and this is the dead cells. The reason bilirubin is brown is becaues of iron(It's also what give live blood cells their red colour).

Yellow poop is because your liver doesn't break down red blood cells as readily or easily and thus a less brown colour. This also happens when dieting.

Green poop is because that person ate a lot of leafy green veggies, or because they have way too much iron in their blood(Iron salts are green) and you can't properly digest it. In some cases it is because of the iron salts in bile but usually veggies have more to do with it.

Black poop can be caused by a bleeding ulcer.

Whether stools are brown or green or whatever is usually not connected to health or the healthiness of foods. No, green poop is not healthier than brown poop.

#12 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Mar 20 2005, 02:59 AM)
Whether stools are brown or green or whatever is usually not connected to health or the healthiness of foods. No, green poop is not healthier than brown poop.

View Post

wheeewww... *relieved*