Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daytonasurf

Is it milk hormones that cause acne?

6 posts in this topic

I've recently changed my milk to the hormone free kind. Pretty expensive. Do you know if its the hormones in normal like that supposodly cause acne?

I've recently changed my milk to the hormone free kind. Pretty expensive. Do you know if its the hormones in normal like that supposodly cause acne?

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

what about the hormone free milk?

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

Don't forget that commercial dairy has an increased amount of IGF-1. While there is much debate about whether we are capable of using cow IGF-1, after milk consumption our levels of IGF-1 do increase.

That increase in IGF-1 is and may also be due to the Whey content and Casien content of dairy, especially low-fat and skin milk versions. Both of these proteins, especially Whey Protein are very good at increasing IGF-1 levels, and go ahead and ask people around here and see how many of them were able to tolerate whey protein powder for bulking up or training. Sad thing indeed it is, but most or some people can handle dairy.

If you give it up, you must give ALL forms of it up...ice cream, yogurt, cheese, butter, milk and products containing dairy, lactose, or the above proteins. This is the only way you can try to work at being 100% dairy free in order to see how it affects you.

HTH wink.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I thought that hormones are produced and go into the milk naturally, besides the ones that they add to the cows to make them have more milk. Milk making is a hormonal process, right..so wouldnt totally hormone free milk be impossible?

Im sure it would be better than regular milk anyway...

I think that a lot of milk is just plain hard for most people to digest..which would explain it stressing the system and causing acne, hormone issues only make it worse.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil